HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   New jerseys? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=730727)

SensFan26 01-28-2010 08:02 AM

New jerseys?
 
My friend told me the Senators are getting a new alternate jersey and possibly a new home jersey next year... I don't really believe him but is it true?

Peeping Tom 01-28-2010 08:08 AM

The guy from Icethetics is reporting from time to time about the Sens jersey. Check it out at http://www.icethetics.info/

Direct link to the jersey rumour
http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2010...umor-mill.html

I would take a new one in a heartbeat. I'm not pleased with the current alternate jersey, specially the SENS wordmark.

Maybe it would look better with the 2D or 3D logo on it. Photoshop anyone?

Spence334 01-28-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peeping Tom (Post 23464271)
The guy from Icethetics is reporting from time to time about the Sens jersey. Check it out at http://www.icethetics.info/

Direct link to the jersey rumour
http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2010...umor-mill.html

I would take a new one in a heartbeat. I'm not pleased with the current alternate jersey, specially the SENS wordmark.

Maybe it would look better with the 2D or 3D logo on it. Photoshop anyone?


Yea, the Sens was sucks. Looks like a kid made it. Its so uncreative, as for the other two I like them

Pancakes Pancakes 01-28-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensFan26 (Post 23464244)
My friend told me the Senators are getting a new alternate jersey and possibly a new home jersey next year... I don't really believe him but is it true?

If your friend is Cyril Leeder, then I could believe him, but if it's just so nobody that probably read some BS rumour, then you did well to doubt him.

PoutineSp00nZ 01-28-2010 08:57 AM

meh I like the alternates. Would be better with a logo but whatever. If they were so hated they wouldn't be selling so well.

The loudest voices are usually the ones complaining.

SensFan26 01-28-2010 08:59 AM

I like the black jerseys but I wish they would have the old alternate logo and have some gold.

salomonster 01-28-2010 09:04 AM

I could see the 3rd's being dumped for a vintage O version in black.

I doubt that the Senators would do wholesale changes to their home and road jerseys at the same time as launching a new 3rd.

Would n't make much sence in creating buzz or in selling more jerseys.

One things for sure, the current 3rd's - SENS is terrible. The black is amazing. It's just the logo that sucks.

I think the whole city agrees on that.

PoutineSp00nZ 01-28-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salomonster (Post 23464840)
I could see the 3rd's being dumped for a vintage O version in black.

I doubt that the Senators would do wholesale changes to their home and road jerseys at the same time as launching a new 3rd.

Would n't make much sence in creating buzz or in selling more jerseys.

One things for sure, the current 3rd's - SENS is terrible. The black is amazing. It's just the logo that sucks.

I think the whole city agrees on that.

I'll agree with that. I doubt the Sens will be done milking their current third for another season or two though.

QuattroFTW 01-28-2010 09:14 AM

Imagine this:
Premiering the vintage jersey at a new years day winter classic:amazed: Man do I want the Sens to play in an outdoor game. I'd have to be in a bigger city but I could see a Toronto-Ottawa game in TO.

MainDotC 01-28-2010 09:19 AM

CAN WE PLEASE JUST LEAVE THE SWEATERS ALONE AND GET SOME BLEEPING TRADITION GOING?? Stop changing the sweaters every couple of years!!

SensFan26 01-28-2010 09:19 AM

Once they go through a majority of the teams they should have Ottawa vs Buffalo or Philadelphia. Outdoor brawls in the snow FTW!

MatthewT 01-28-2010 09:26 AM

theres nothing wrong with the current sens home and road, maybe a little plain, but im sure thats what people said about the wings, leafs, etc. jersey when first came out

maci4life 01-28-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poutineplato (Post 23464773)
meh I like the alternates. Would be better with a logo but whatever. If they were so hated they wouldn't be selling so well.

The loudest voices are usually the ones complaining.


squeeky wheel gets the oil.

QuattroFTW 01-28-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensFan26 (Post 23465044)
Once they go through a majority of the teams they should have Ottawa vs Buffalo or Philadelphia. Outdoor brawls in the snow FTW!

I really wanna see a Leafs vs. Sens Winter Classic at Rogers Centre or something. I know the NHL will probably end up having the Capitals play some other team. People were saying Pittsburgh but as people mentioned, it would be a bit unfair for all the other teams wanting to have one. It would generate tonnnnnes of money though.

SelleckStache 01-28-2010 09:31 AM

We just beat New Jersey's Devils. Hope we don't have to wait 'till next year to do it again

Buck Aki Berg 01-28-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_in_Utica (Post 23465041)
CAN WE PLEASE JUST LEAVE THE SWEATERS ALONE AND GET SOME BLEEPING TRADITION GOING?? Stop changing the sweaters every couple of years!!

Agreed, I just don't want the tradition to be based on what we have now. Why they ever abandoned the profile logo is beyond me.

Shane Sex 01-28-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SelleckStache (Post 23465171)
We just beat New Jersey's Devils. Hope we don't have to wait 'till next year to do it again

Boooo.

PeterSidorkiewicz 01-28-2010 10:31 AM

The Flyers already dumped their home black darks for the orange, and their road whites for the w-classic whites, after what, 2-3 years? Don't see why Ottawa can't do the same.

MatthewT 01-28-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz (Post 23465948)
The Flyers already dumped their home black darks for the orange, and their road whites for the w-classic whites, after what, 2-3 years? Don't see why Ottawa can't do the same.

true, but aren't they keeping the black one for a third jersey?

Gil Gunderson 01-28-2010 11:28 AM

If the franchise wants to build any tradition at all, they would need to go back to the original jerseys from the 90s.

FolignoQuantumLeap 01-28-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_in_Utica (Post 23465041)
CAN WE PLEASE JUST LEAVE THE SWEATERS ALONE AND GET SOME BLEEPING TRADITION GOING?? Stop changing the sweaters every couple of years!!

That is the tradition.

Larionov 01-28-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuattroFTW (Post 23464960)
Imagine this:
Premiering the vintage jersey at a new years day winter classic:amazed: Man do I want the Sens to play in an outdoor game. I'd have to be in a bigger city but I could see a Toronto-Ottawa game in TO.

Hey, we can run the outdoor classic right here. Once Frank Clair stadium is renovated, I can see an outdoor game there between the Sens and either the Leafs or Habs. Think of the aerial shot of the game, with skating on the canal in the background, a newly renovated Lansdowne Park - it would be amazing.

SensFan26 01-28-2010 12:47 PM

Or just have the Winter Classic ON the Canal :D

TheHMan 01-28-2010 12:54 PM

I'd like to see:


Home:
http://www.jerseypedia.com/wp-conten...nt-150x150.jpg

Away:
http://www.jerseypedia.com/wp-conten...-1992-2007.jpg
Thirds:
http://www.icethetics.info/storage/b...=1249867017444

Sencity 01-28-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensFan26 (Post 23468012)
Or just have the Winter Classic ON the Canal :D

Just image a break away on the canal!! :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.