HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NO MORE HEALY-Lets celebrate!!!!!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=73205)

Mooch 04-22-2004 06:19 PM

NO MORE HEALY-Lets celebrate!!!!!!!!

Thats right boys and girls.

No more Healy!!!!!!!

CBC is gona have Chris Cuthbert and Greg Millen run the show for round 2 of MON-TB!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

CH Wizard 04-22-2004 06:22 PM

Oh My God !!!!!!!!!!! :) Thats A Good News :) thx Mooch :bow: :bow:

RE-HABS 04-22-2004 06:26 PM

Is it really any better???

How much can one really take of...."Stop the tape right there fellas", who the heck does Millen think he is? Howie Meeker! :eek:

Too many goalies are doing colour commentary, the only one that is good IMO is Hrudey and Davidson.

Can't stand Healy, Millen or Garrott. :thumbd:

chicpea* 04-22-2004 06:28 PM

"Stop It Here Boys" - Greg Millen :shakehead

Glad that Healey is done though!

edit: hehe, re-hab you beat me to it

Mooch 04-22-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Is it really any better???

How much can one really take of...."Stop the tape right there fellas", who the heck does Millen think he is? Howie Meeker! :eek:

Too many goalies are doing colour commentary, the only one that is good IMO is Hrudey and Davidson.

Can't stand Healy, Millen or Garrott. :thumbd:

I agree Millen is crap, but he is better then Healy. As for Chris i like the guy!!!!

Tuggy 04-22-2004 06:29 PM

Millen is just as bad as Healy but I love Cuthbert! I think he is the best announcer CBC has.

RE-HABS 04-22-2004 06:42 PM

Cuthbert is good, knows the players and has a good voice and not biased like *cough* Bob and Harry, Healy a well know Leaf lover too...YUCK! :shakehead

Oh well, I'm going to go and listen to Bob say "what a spectacular save by Belfour" (mean while he doesn't see it or it hits him luckly), the when Esche makes a great save it will be "Esche was lucky to stop that one because the Leaf player had him beat"!

Yuck and Double Yuck.

Just hear that Esche stopped a for sure goal by McCabe that was going high...the Leafs are awesome! :lol

Vicious 04-22-2004 06:50 PM

Greg Millen is just as annoying.. if not more.

Joe Malone 04-22-2004 06:55 PM

I don't care for Millen either. I guess he's the price we have to pay to get Cuthbert. :) I don't mind the Bob and Harry show that much; it's kinda funny. But the mistakes, my God! Someone once mentioned here about The Bob & Harry Game. You have to take a drink every time Bob or Harry makes a mistake on air. You're sure to be loaded by the middle of the 2nd period.

Yeah, lots of goalies doing colour. Davidson and Darren Pang in the US; Healy, Millen and Hrudey here. Doesn't Gerry Cheevers do some in Boston?

Raider917 04-22-2004 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Malone
I don't care for Millen either. I guess he's the price we have to pay to get Cuthbert. :) I don't mind the Bob and Harry show that much; it's kinda funny. But the mistakes, my God! Someone once mentioned here about The Bob & Harry Game. You have to take a drink every time Bob or Harry makes a mistake on air. You're sure to be loaded by the middle of the 2nd period.

Yeah, lots of goalies doing colour. Davidson and Darren Pang in the US; Healy, Millen and Hrudey here. Doesn't Gerry Cheevers do some in Boston?

who are doing the colorado game later? are you sure millens not there?

please say he is, please say he is, please say he is, please say he is

chicpea* 04-22-2004 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Malone

Maybe we can sign Roy to do colour on CJAD. I'm sure that would go swimmingly.

Carl Spackler 04-22-2004 07:33 PM

Thank god. Healy is without a doubt the worst colour man I have ever heard in my life.....

Dutchy 04-22-2004 07:53 PM

A bit OT, but

Jim Onrait >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Michel Beaudry

didjuicythat 04-22-2004 08:13 PM

Who is this Cuthbert guy? Is he the one who covered the Canucks-Flames game in Round 1 of the playoffs? If so, that's great news for us Habs fans. I think he is the most interesting announcer on CBC... way ahead of the one who covered the Habs-Bruins serie!

ILUVTHISGAME 04-22-2004 08:15 PM

I wonder if there is a way to be able to watch a game with all the ambient noise (crowd, players, sticks.. ) without having to listen to the commentators... geesh does Healy ever stop talking?

Mink

Mooch 04-22-2004 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiggsFan
Who is this Cuthbert guy? Is he the one who covered the Canucks-Flames game in Round 1 of the playoffs? If so, that's great news for us Habs fans. I think he is the most interesting announcer on CBC... way ahead of the one who covered the Habs-Bruins serie!

yep!

Perfect_Gravity 04-22-2004 08:17 PM

Who are the people doing the Toronto series?

Mooch 04-22-2004 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect_Gravity
Who are the people doing the Toronto series?

Bob cole, hary neale

I personally like these guys, thats probably because i have lived in toronto my whole life and listened to them since i was a kid!

2112 04-22-2004 08:18 PM

Who's doing the Calgary series?

RE-HABS 04-22-2004 08:19 PM

Remember last year or the year before when the commentators and other workers at the SRC were on strike and all you heard was the fans and the sounds of the game...bring that back over some of these commentators anyday. :handclap:

Mooch 04-22-2004 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2112
Who's doing the Calgary series?

Healy and other guy (forgot name)

2112 04-22-2004 08:25 PM

Don Wittman....hmm..I'm glad that Cuthbert is doing the Habs (he's the best CBC announcer) but I don't want Wittman and Healy doing the Western series...

Wasn't there another one, Mark Lee? Or did he just suck too much?

Habber 04-22-2004 08:30 PM

I think Millen is worse than Healy, if that's possible. But Cuthbert is the best play-by-play man in the biz so it kind of balances out.

MtlSportsFan 04-22-2004 08:52 PM

You're right guys, I like Cuthbert also. Millen.....eh!

Bob and Harry are actually not that bad I find. They are obviously pro-Taranna but thats understandable, they do all Toronto games, but they don't seem to have the same anti-Montreal slant that was WAY too obvious from Witthead and Healess, or shuld I say Wittless and Healhead...and what was up with Ron McLean in the first round ? Hrudey had to straighten him out a few times in his remarks about Mtl, Hrudey would give him looks like he wanted to say "What the HELL game were you watching !"

Natural Habs Fan 04-22-2004 11:00 PM

Poor Calgary fans. During the 1st period Calgary was on the power play & Healy was saying how much they miss LINDEN because of his offensive presence during the powerplay...