HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Heavy Mtl 2010 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=732767)

Canadian_Brewtality 02-01-2010 02:21 PM

Heavy Mtl 2010

I know there are alot of metal heads on these boards...

July 24-25 @ Parc JD

www.heavymtl.com

July 24th will have Slayer, Megadeth, Testament +
July 25th will have Korn, Zombie, Lamb of God, Hatebreed, Atreyu, 3 inches of Blood, etc

moe bands will be added

thoughts?

King Woodballs 02-01-2010 02:22 PM

That would be awesome....
If I lived in Montreal

Jmac1160* 02-01-2010 02:22 PM

Iron maiden is not there so I am not going.

Souvenirs 02-01-2010 02:29 PM

Woohoo, July 24th will rule. Not as much as Iron Maiden though.
No comments on the second day.EW:laugh:

Captain_Cunney 02-01-2010 02:38 PM

Can't ****ing wait for this! :yo: Slayer/Megadeath/Testament is a hell of a first day.

Vodka_Tonic 02-01-2010 03:01 PM

dammit, someone get zombies ass to europe!
otherwise nice lineup, like the sonisphere a bit more though.

and i hope those slayer gigs finally work out in the summer.

m00ks 02-01-2010 03:09 PM

I don't get metal

Etienne 02-01-2010 03:09 PM

If the shows were anywhere except parc JD, I would be ready to wait hours in line for the tickets and even more hours at the gates to be close to the stage. Unfortunately, it is there and I will keep my oath to never go see a rock/heavy rock/metal show at that ****ing place ever again. Once the mosh pit gets started, there's so much dirt kicked up in the air it's almost impossible to breathe, your throat dries up real fast and if you decide to go buy an overpriced drink, you can kiss goodbye your place near the stage because there's 30 000 other people between you and it. I went to see Summer Sanitarium (Metallica, LOL Bizkit, Linkin Park and Deftones) a couple years ago and by the time Metallica hit the stage, I was tired, thirsty as hell and wishing to go home. It completely sabotaged the experience, you know? Even Deftones' singer had to sing with a hospital mask at one point (and he was quite vocal about the situation).

One would think managers of a PARC would know what grass is and be willing to spend a few Ks to replace it a week beforehand. It's such a great location with the hill where people who wants to sit can go to but unfortunately there's a bunch of greedy idiots running it.

Medsas 02-01-2010 03:13 PM

july 24th looks pretty good

but july 25th... laughable, that's considered metal, seriously?

hototogisu 02-01-2010 03:13 PM

That second day looks like an Ozzfest lineup from 2000. Terrible.

First one isn't my cup of tea (so far), not a big thrash fan.

Agalloch 02-01-2010 03:19 PM

I'm a big thrash metal fan.. so YOUHOO.

I have my delayed tickets from Canadian Carnage, so I'm going to go there... instead.

Gil Gunderson 02-01-2010 03:42 PM

First night looks amazing! Second is awful.

Woland 02-01-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 23564161)
That second day looks like an Ozzfest lineup from 2000. Terrible.

First one isn't my cup of tea (so far), not a big thrash fan.

ditto

cool bands to consider would be ''Blood for Blood'' and ''Raised Fist'', now that would kick a$$

Habs13 02-01-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woland (Post 23565059)
ditto

cool bands to consider would be ''Blood for Blood'' and ''Raised Fist'', now that would kick a$$

Blood For Blood broke up years ago.

Anyway - I might be down for day one... but that second day, apart from 3 Inches Of Blood, is arsetastic.

Garo 02-01-2010 04:45 PM

A metal festival? Nice!

*looks at the bands*

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...a/seinfeld.gif

Canadian_Brewtality 02-01-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs13 (Post 23566127)
Blood For Blood broke up years ago.

Anyway - I might be down for day one... but that second day, apart from 3 Inches Of Blood, is arsetastic.

Lamb of god=quality metal

and Rob Zombie is a solid live act.

anf B4B would never do a major festival. They were a pretty true hardcore band, and mentioning them with Raised Fist is just funny.

Habs13 02-01-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 23566468)
Lamb of god=quality metal

and Rob Zombie is a solid live act.

anf B4B would never do a major festival. They were a pretty true hardcore band, and mentioning them with Raised Fist is just funny.

Yeah, Lamb Of God are pretty good but I'm not overlly interested in seing them again. Raised Fist is still a good band, just not the same vein as Blood For Blood.

Rob Zombie... not too big on hos solo carear, but I did like White Zombie quite a bit back in the day.

Korn though... they came back? Dammit. Who's next Limp Bizcuit, Slipknot and Mudvayne? Shoot me now.

neofury* 02-02-2010 08:05 AM

Megadeth / Slayer night for the win, I love lamb of god but the rest of those bands not so much.

neofury* 02-02-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac1160 (Post 23563040)

LOL dude slayer and megadeth are so much sicker then Iron Maiden, this coming from a fan of all 3 bands, but damn are slayer and megadeth sick. Even if I liked Iron Maiden the best of the three, the other two are still awesome and I would go see them also.

I don't know how an iron maiden fan could not like slayer/megadeth lmao.

BLNY 02-02-2010 08:37 AM

July 26th will see Megadeth, Slayer, and Testament in Halifax for their rescheduled Canadian Carnage date. Really looking forward to it.

I saw Megadeth's Gigantour in Montreal back in 2008 (other acts were High on Fire, Job for a Cowboy, Children of Bodom, and In Flames). Was a great night.

Jmac1160* 02-02-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 23580072)
LOL dude slayer and megadeth are so much sicker then Iron Maiden, this coming from a fan of all 3 bands, but damn are slayer and megadeth sick. Even if I liked Iron Maiden the best of the three, the other two are still awesome and I would go see them also.

I don't know how an iron maiden fan could not like slayer/megadeth lmao.

I like megadeath but slayer not so much. And you cant compare megadeath and slayer to maiden cause they are from different era's. I respect slayer and megadeath but you cant compare them to the best metal band of all time.

neofury* 02-02-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac1160 (Post 23580698)
I like megadeath but slayer not so much. And you cant compare megadeath and slayer to maiden cause they are from different era's. I respect slayer and megadeath but you cant compare them to the best metal band of all time.

LOL I agree with your era comment, but respectfully disagree about iron maiden being the best of all time. (Even if that may very well be a majority type opinion)

I'd have to say though, of all time in terms of commercial success I'd give it to metallica hands down. My personal fave, megadeth, the one I think if you asked all metalheads in general which they like the most out of slayer megadeth and iron maiden, it wouldn't shock me at all if people chose slayer, iron maiden wouldn't shock me either I guess, but to call them the best metal band of all time, I respectfully disagree.

BeBen* 02-02-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac1160 (Post 23563040)

Amen brother.

DeVries* 02-02-2010 01:59 PM

Holy ****ing **** I've been waiting for Korn to come back in Montreal since 7 years... And Rammstein in Quebec too this summer, HELL YEAH!

Habs13 02-02-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 23581286)
LOL I agree with your era comment, but respectfully disagree about iron maiden being the best of all time. (Even if that may very well be a majority type opinion)

I'd have to say though, of all time in terms of commercial success I'd give it to metallica hands down. My personal fave, megadeth, the one I think if you asked all metalheads in general which they like the most out of slayer megadeth and iron maiden, it wouldn't shock me at all if people chose slayer, iron maiden wouldn't shock me either I guess, but to call them the best metal band of all time, I respectfully disagree.

I like Maidenm Megadeth and Slayer but nobody...NOBODY touches Maiden! hehe

Maybe it's my age or whatever but Iron Maiden are still my favorite band of all time. (Funnny though, I've seen Slayer more times than Maiden and Megadeth combined)