HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Montreal interested in Gilbert Brule? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=732937)

The Price is Right 02-01-2010 08:15 PM

Montreal interested in Gilbert Brule?
 
On hockeybuzz the guy said that The thrashers are interested in halak and maybe other players and that the habs are interested in Gilbert Brule. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=25951

Sandvich 02-01-2010 08:16 PM

Title should be Eklund.

Quote:

The Habs and Oilers...

Enter another team who has been in and out for a bit here...The Montreal Canadiens. The loss of Cammelleri, for what is being called 6-8 weeks, is VERY significant. I am told the Thrashers love Halak and would also have interest in several players on the Habs roster. It feels like a longshot still, but it is worth noting...The Cam injury has changed everything today in Montreal.

The Habs are also stepping up talks with Edmonton I was told. The target there is long believed to be Cogliano. However, it is worth noting more than one source has told me Gilbert Brule could be the Habs real target.

The Oilers don't want to move Brule, of course, but they also may really like the return.

hendextall 02-01-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Price is Right (Post 23570998)
On hockeybuzz the guy said that The thrashers are interested in halak and maybe other players and that the habs are interested in Gilbert Brule. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=25951

The guy has a name.

WestIslander 02-01-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

On hockeybuzz the guy said that The thrashers are interested in halak and maybe other players and that the habs are interested in Gilbert Brule. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=25951
This rumor is old! But I would like it if it happens.

Then we would have 3 of the top 6 picks from the 2005 draft.

Price
Pouliot
Brule

Adam91 02-01-2010 08:32 PM

What incentive does Edmonton have to trade Brule?

Gary320 02-01-2010 08:36 PM

Would it be really interesting because three guys that MTL wanted were Pouilot, Brule and Price.

Habs13 02-01-2010 08:42 PM

WHY would Atlanta want Halak when they have a great young goalie in Pavalec?

Marc Bergevins Suit 02-01-2010 08:43 PM

We need Brule, a solid french canadian

RE-HABS 02-01-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs13 (Post 23571765)
WHY would Atlanta want Halak when they have a great young goalie in Pavalec?

Only thing I would see there is they maybe interested in the tandem, or may have an option of trading him to another team.

Bronn 02-01-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Mess (Post 23571778)
We need Brule, a solid french canadian

Brule is not a french Canadian

And btw no. We don't need another small but speedy and skilled forward in the top 6. We need some size and grit , not more of the same we already have.

Why is it so hard for Gainey to understand (even if it's just a rumor) ?

RE-HABS 02-01-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ground And Pound (Post 23571878)
Brule is not a french Canadian

And btw no. We don't need another small but speedy and skilled forward in the top 6. We need some size and grit , not more of the same we already have.

Why is it so hard for Gainey to understand (even if it's just a rumor) ?

I believe it was sarcasm.

hockeyjockey 02-01-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs13 (Post 23571765)
WHY would Atlanta want Halak when they have a great young goalie in Pavalec?


Pavalec is an rfa, and 22 years of age plus, his numbers aren't really that solid?

i would definitely want halak instead...

Year to date: 2009-10 32 12 13 4 2 99 3 1016 .903 3.47 1710 0 0 1
On Pace: 49 18 19 6 3 151 4 1555 .903 3.47 2618.43 0 0 1

FF de Mars 02-01-2010 09:06 PM

Well we do need secondary scoring. I'd like us to get Brulé. But why would Edmonton trade him ?

JGRB 02-01-2010 09:09 PM

He has a goal tonight, fyi.

Jmac1160* 02-01-2010 09:14 PM

this trade makes no sense. Also Brule has been a bust for the most part. He is having his best season right now, but I would not count on him being consistent like Halak is in nets. And Halak is worth a hell of a lot more. if this is true it would be interesting to see what we get, other then Brule.

Hannibal 02-01-2010 09:17 PM

Does Gainey want every player from the 05 draft??? Price, Pouliot and now Brule???

Corey 02-01-2010 09:20 PM

Usually I ignore Eklund threads. However, this one intrigues me because it would be ironic if true. The predraft talk in 2005 was that the Habs should draft Pouliot, but if he wasn't available, they should take Brulé instead. Minnesota took Pouliot but Timmins surprised everyone by going for Price rather than Brulé. If the Habs get Brulé in a trade with Edmonton they would end up with Pouliot, Price, and Brulé from the same draft. Wouldn't that be something!

KingRacicot* 02-01-2010 09:22 PM

...
 
Brule? Oh great, another midget. What's the guy, like, 5-9...5-10?

Gainey :shakehead

The Gal Pals 02-01-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

The guy has a name.
He who shall not be named.

KingRacicot* 02-01-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 23572890)
Usually I ignore Eklund threads. However, this one intrigues me because it would be ironic if true. The predraft talk in 2005 was that the Habs should draft Pouliot, but if he wasn't available, they should take Brulé instead. Minnesota took Pouliot but Timmins surprised everyone by going for Price rather than Brulé. If the Habs get Brulé in a trade with Edmonton they would end up with Pouliot, Price, and Brulé from the same draft. Wouldn't that be something!

Your point being............................................. ...?????

The Gal Pals 02-01-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Usually I ignore Eklund threads. However, this one intrigues me because it would be ironic if true. The predraft talk in 2005 was that the Habs should draft Pouliot, but if he wasn't available, they should take Brulé instead. Minnesota took Pouliot but Timmins surprised everyone by going for Price rather than Brulé. If the Habs get Brulé in a trade with Edmonton they would end up with Pouliot, Price, and Brulé from the same draft. Wouldn't that be something!
It would be something better if Timmins would have taken Kopitar like he should have IMO.

NHLcrazy 02-01-2010 09:26 PM

Gomez 5'11
Plekanek 5'11
Brule 5'10

meh...also didn't Brule had some health issue last year?

JGRB 02-01-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 23572814)
Does Gainey want every player from the 05 draft??? Price, Pouliot and now Brule???

If only we could have won that lottery, my dreams would have been met.

loudi94 02-01-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 23572814)
Does Gainey want every player from the 05 draft??? Price, Pouliot and now Brule???

Is that a bad thing? Maybe #1-3 will find their way on to the roster too. :naughty:

NHLcrazy 02-01-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGRB (Post 23573038)
If only we could have won that lottery, my dreams would have been met.

To Pittsburgh:

2005 4th, 5th and 6th pick

To Montreal:

2005 1st pick

:sarcasm:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.