HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Scott Hartnell: still untouchable? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=732942)

Champ Anderson* 02-01-2010 08:22 PM

Scott Hartnell: still untouchable?

this past summer, under a different handle, I suggested hartnell was an undisciplined, glorified 3rd line wing. I suggested he'd be good trade bait and I was absolutely vilified. 53 games in and I still feel the same way about Nott Smartnell. question is, am I still the only one tired of seeing this mop-headed moron take one dumb penalty after the next? I know what he brings to the team, and I appreciate his size and grit around the net, but I just dont feel he's worth the 4.2 million price tag.

Juicy Couturier* 02-01-2010 08:24 PM

Nott Smartnell...I like that one!

HoverCarle* 02-01-2010 08:25 PM

he has a NTC so its hard to say.

When Giroux needs a new contract maybe

Champ Anderson* 02-01-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 23571234)
Nott Smartnell...I like that one!

I have that trade marked, dont go making a t-shirt without my permission.... or do, I dont care

GKJ 02-01-2010 08:31 PM

Probably depends on where he goes obviously.

Champ Anderson* 02-01-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 23571449)
Probably depends on where he goes obviously.

you saying you wouldnt want to trade him to say, the rags or pens?

Im just asking plainly, on a scale of one to ten, how willing are people to move hartnell? for example, Im at about a 9. his stock is already taken a hit this year. I am ready to ship him out west if I am homer.

Juicy Couturier* 02-01-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatum Biggs (Post 23571283)
I have that trade marked, dont go making a t-shirt without my permission.... or do, I dont care

Too late. They're already printed and in the hands of minorities that have never seen a hockey game. You can find them outside the Wach at the next home game yelling something not so cleaver in a weak attempt to see you an XXL.

IrishSniper87 02-01-2010 08:52 PM

I like Hartnell, but man, sometimes watching him is unbearable. Nott Smartnell is VERY accurate. Hartnell might be the worst passer on the team. Worse then Coburn right now.

I'm hoping for a turnaround though, we have no one else capable of playing in front of the net.

Giroux tha Damaja 02-01-2010 08:52 PM

Scott Hartnell is tough to judge the value of. I wouldn't say he was ever untouchable, but I wouldn't say he was ever a glorified 3rd line winger.

Terence Peterman 02-01-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatum Biggs (Post 23571756)
you saying you wouldnt want to trade him to say, the rags or pens?

Im just asking plainly, on a scale of one to ten, how willing are people to move hartnell? for example, Im at about a 9. his stock is already taken a hit this year. I am ready to ship him out west if I am homer.

It's called a down year. They have a tendency to happen after career years.

It might also be "Nott Smartnell" to trade him at a point which his value "already taken a hit."

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 (Post 23572083)
I like Hartnell, but man, sometimes watching him is unbearable. Nott Smartnell is VERY accurate. Hartnell might be the worst passer on the team. Worse then Coburn right now.

I'm hoping for a turnaround though, we have no one else capable of playing in front of the net.

He's not paid to pass.

He's also not consistently doing a lot of the things he's paid to do this year, but I'm not ready to trade him yet.

IAN aka RYAN 02-01-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

you havent been watching coburn then. The dude does have some sweet outlet passes when he doesent brain fart. Lately, he's been solid. Get off the hate wagon already.

Unstable 02-01-2010 10:09 PM

Hartnell has been shaky lately, but when he's on his game the man can get away with goalie interference, and I'll pay for that.

He could certainly be moved if the price was right.

Beef Invictus 02-01-2010 10:12 PM

for reasons i just cant nail down, i like him and want to keep him. i guess because he plays with energy? i mean, if hes doing badly you can see the frustration in his game. granted, that tends to lead to bonus stupidity, but i like that he at least seems pissed off if he isnt doing well.

i want his contract cut in half though.

Champ Anderson* 02-01-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny (Post 23573025)
It's called a down year. They have a tendency to happen after career years.

It might also be "Nott Smartnell" to trade him at a point which his value "already taken a hit."

He's not paid to pass.

He's also not consistently doing a lot of the things he's paid to do this year, but I'm not ready to trade him yet.

a down year? he is right on par. every year, the guy leads the league in minor PIMs. I am sick of it. I used to stick up for the guy before he became a fan favorite, but I am sick of it. he is like a dog that you love, but it keeps pissing and crapping everywhere. you've done everything you can to train him, but maybe its time for him to go out west, where its wide open, and people dont really care if you pee and crap everywhere. I dont know if I am making any sense, but yeah. its like that. he is dumb.

dont worry about his trade value. he is a proven 20 goal scorer, and like you said, after scoring 30, you would almost expect a down year. the problem is, you would think he would try to fix the aspects of the game he can control... dumb penalties. carcillo did it, why cant #19? because, then he wouldnt be Nott Smartnell.

itstheroc87 02-01-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

you might be right but atleast he does everything hard. his slap passes are hard for his teammates to handle but also hard for the opposition to handle

HoverCarle* 02-01-2010 11:05 PM

Hartnell just loves cross ice passes. Sometimes they work, usually they dont

PhillyFan4Ever 02-02-2010 12:08 AM

hes pretty effective in getting infront of the net. that call a few games ago was hogwash. puck was already in the net. i think if he stops antagonizing other teams the refs may look further away from him on his net activities.

BobbyClarkeFan16 02-02-2010 12:19 AM

Wondering if maybe San Jose is still interested a Clowe/Hartnell swap like they were at the draft.

Unstable 02-02-2010 12:47 AM

He has to antagonize other teams, it's how he creates space in front of the net.

dbr2 02-02-2010 01:03 AM

Is he untouchable? No. However, he does have a NTC which can get sticky. But I'm not too sure who would fill his role. AKA getting infront of net and causing screens, etc. Knuble did it better IMO than Hartnell. To bad Mike is gone.

sickamore 02-02-2010 07:05 AM

He was supposed to replace Knuble, who is a part of one of the best lines in hockey. Whatever happens I just don't want Homer involved because he's an idiot.

chaosof99* 02-02-2010 07:11 AM

It's really sad. After last season all the Pens fans were *****ing about Hartnell but they'd quickly shut up when I pointed out that he had more goals and points than any Penguin not named Malkin or Crosby, including their deadline acquisitions.

Unfortunately, he's really regressed this season and is not playing up to the contract he has.

He is definitely not untouchable except he'd be willing to waive his NTC, but who really wants to be traded away from what is considered a Cup-Contender for years to come.

Kaktus* 02-02-2010 08:18 AM

If Flyers are making a power move at the dead line I would look into Hartnell for Tuomo Ruutu type of trade. If there is interest on both sides. Not straight up of course, I think Hartnell is a better player and he does not have health issues.

Maybe we can grab Cullen or even Whitney by adding a pick or a prospect.

Scoopyten 02-02-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatum Biggs (Post 23571177)
this past summer, under a different handle, I suggested hartnell was an undisciplined, glorified 3rd line wing. I suggested he'd be good trade bait and I was absolutely vilified. 53 games in and I still feel the same way about Nott Smartnell. question is, am I still the only one tired of seeing this mop-headed moron take one dumb penalty after the next? I know what he brings to the team, and I appreciate his size and grit around the net, but I just dont feel he's worth the 4.2 million price tag.

He should be absolutely touchable. The questions are

A) who the **** wants him?

B) will the big red waive his NTC?

CS 02-02-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSaq (Post 23580729)
He should be absolutely touchable. The questions are

A) who the **** wants him?

B) will the big redwaive his NTC?

Montreal fans apparently want him. They've made that abundantly clear. They just want to give up D'Agostini + White + 2nd for him.