HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Team 990 Poll Rebuild or Be middle of the Pack forever (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=733214)

JHabs 02-02-2010 01:07 PM

Team 990 Poll Rebuild or Be middle of the Pack forever

So the count for Tony Marinaro's show was something like 80+ for Rebuilding

and 20 for Trying to make the playoffs and loosing.

I'd like to continue it here with a Poll.

tigerman111 02-02-2010 01:11 PM

any team can tank for 3-4 years and end up with a good team (maybe not the islanders). the challenge in life is to win while always trying to win.

mcphee 02-02-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 23584289)

do the poll after winning 3 and you'll know what the poll results are worth.

MathMan 02-02-2010 01:14 PM

'Cause retooling for 1-2 years isn't an option?

It's only "go balls out" or "tank for Hall"?

JackZap 02-02-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathMan (Post 23584478)
'Cause retooling for 1-2 years isn't an option?

It's only "go balls out" or "tank for Hall"?

we been retooling for 10 yrs. I dont think u need to tank for 3 yrs. This yr is going to be lost because of injuries. Trade some players for some role guys and picks

NoWhammyCammy* 02-02-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackZap (Post 23584615)
we been retooling for 10 yrs. I dont think u need to tank for 3 yrs. This yr is going to be lost because of injuries. Trade some players for some role guys and picks

We can't tank because we have a YOUNG team already in goals and our TOP 6 forwards.

What we need to do is REBUILD THE DEFENSE and BOTTOM 6 FORWARDS

Kafka 02-02-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 23584289)

Wow! I don't know why some people here think the french and english media in Montreal are different when it comes to sports: I see the same stupid questions.

The worst thing is that you guys listen to it.

PacoXIII 02-02-2010 01:40 PM

Im down for a rebuild. Enough with these midgets without a captain.

Go Habs Go 02-02-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerman111 (Post 23584405)
any team can tank for 3-4 years and end up with a good team (maybe not the islanders). the challenge in life is to win while always trying to win.

I agree with this. We can't be constantly rebuild, understand that its a business. The day the Habs rebuild is when its utterly hopeless and the prospective of the next 5 years becomes very very grim. If we lose and naturally fall in the standing, then I accept that but to actively rebuild, trade away the guys we just resigned, tank, then no. Now is the time to just sit back and see what happens. There's so much parity that we can at the same time get a good pick and still try to make the playoffs. Its pointless to lose on purpose or to trade away assets so that we're too weak to compete.

smon 02-02-2010 01:41 PM

Gah, I thought under Savard we were rebuilding. :D

Myron Gaines* 02-02-2010 01:50 PM

Rebuilding. A real one. Not the rebuilding we`ve had these past 20 years.

Mtl6 02-02-2010 01:55 PM

One year: Tyler Seguin. And we go for the playoffs next year.

coolasprICE 02-02-2010 01:57 PM

These results are the reason why I cancelled the protest

Craig71 02-02-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackZap (Post 23584615)

I don't think trading the players has worked. I think maybe it's time to change the "Traders".

Markowicz 02-02-2010 01:59 PM

I'd respond to this poll if you gave more options. I don't think its as simple as throwing everything away or going out and buying until it works.

S1C1L1AN78 02-02-2010 01:59 PM

LMAO all habs fans on any board are the same .... We win two games in a row feels like 93 , we lose 3 we have to trade everyone lol

Tuggy 02-02-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S1C1L1AN78 (Post 23585511)
LMAO all habs fans on any board are the same .... We win two games in a row feels like 93 , we lose 3 we have to trade everyone lol

If all habs fans are the same then wouldn't you be included in that?

Oleg Petrov 02-02-2010 02:04 PM

With the injury to Cammalleri, I feel it is fair to give up on this season and try to re-tool for next year. I'm not a supporter of a full rebuild, however I think they are in tough now and would like to see them try and sell off their pending UFA's for player's that are either on their EL deal or are coming off their EL deal. Here are my proposals:

Metropolit to Buffalo for Marc Andre Gragnani D (3rd year of ELC RFA at years end)

Mara to New Jersey for Michael Swift F (2nd year of ELC)

Gill & Halak to Dallas for Matt Niskanen D (3rd year of ELC RFA at years end)

Plekanec to Phoenix for Mueller C (3rd year of ELC RFA at years end) Tordjman G (Group VI UFA at years end)

This would be the lineup for the remainder of the year (assuming everyone is healthy) given these deals:

Gomez Gionta Pouliot
Mueller AKOST Cammy
Lapierre Moen SKOST
Maxwell Darche D'Agostini
Bergeron

Markov Gorges
Hamirlik Spacek
O'Byrne Niskanen
Weber

Price
Sanford

TheBuriedHab 02-02-2010 02:11 PM

I dont think the players are the problem. We have a coach that is coaching a defensive system that worked in the old nhl. We need a fresh minded coach like Guy Boucher.

S1C1L1AN78 02-02-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 23585557)
If all habs fans are the same then wouldn't you be included in that?

Ok i phrased it wrong lol most Habs fans is that better ? :help::sarcasm:

optimus2861 02-02-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S1C1L1AN78 (Post 23585511)
We win two games in a row feels like 93 , we lose 3 we have to trade everyone lol

Jeez, you realize it's been 17 years since 1993, we haven't been farther than the second round since, and we've been running this "will they or won't they squeak into 8th place" treadmill for the better part of 10 years now?

It's not this year's team, not by itself. It's this year's team plus last year's team plus the teams before that plus all the moves that have been made.. this team just keeps running in place. At some point you gotta say enough is enough.

Rocket#9 02-02-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoopok (Post 23585729)
I dont think the players are the problem. We have a coach that is coaching a defensive system that worked in the old nhl. We need a fresh minded coach like Guy Boucher.

Unofrtunately, hoping for a quick fix solution like that isnt gonna get us nowhere :help:

ChuckyToGally 02-02-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov (Post 23585593)
With the injury to Cammalleri, I feel it is fair to give up on this season and try to re-tool for next year. I'm not a supporter of a full rebuild, however I think they are in tough now and would like to see them try and sell off their pending UFA's for player's that are either on their EL deal or are coming off their EL deal. Here are my proposals:

Metropolit to Buffalo for Marc Andre Gragnani D (3rd year of ELC RFA at years end)

Mara to New Jersey for Michael Swift F (2nd year of ELC)

Gill & Halak to Dallas for Matt Niskanen D (3rd year of ELC RFA at years end)

Plekanec to Phoenix for Mueller C (3rd year of ELC RFA at years end) Tordjman G (Group VI UFA at years end)

This would be the lineup for the remainder of the year (assuming everyone is healthy) given these deals:

Gomez Gionta Pouliot
Mueller AKOST Cammy
Lapierre Moen SKOST
Maxwell Darche D'Agostini
Bergeron

Markov Gorges
Hamirlik Spacek
O'Byrne Niskanen
Weber

Price
Sanford

I would do all these deals except the trade with Phoenix. Replace Tordjman (we don't need him since Desjardins is better and that we would likely have to find a veteran backup this summer for Price) by PHX 2010 2nd round pick and I would do it too.

We really need our 1st round pick to be great!

JackZap 02-02-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig71 (Post 23585451)
I don't think trading the players has worked. I think maybe it's time to change the "Traders".

quoted for truth

Frankenheimer 02-02-2010 02:29 PM

Why don't we see what happens in the next couple of weeks before deciding on anything? If we can't win half of the next ten games, we're as good as gone anyway. Sometimes the players are the ones who decide the fate of a team. So let them decide.