HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Eklund: Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=733249)

Habs10Habs 02-02-2010 01:18 PM

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!
 
The majority have spoken, so this thread has been designated to hold all Eklund rumours.

If you decide to open a new thread to discuss Eklund rumours, it will be closed or deleted. We are not going to merge a bunch of threads into this one.

We are also going to keep this thread as a non-sticky for now. If it becomes a hassle, we will change it in the future.


Here are some guidelines.

1. Check to see if the rumour has already been posted in this thread. This will help cut down on rumours being posted several different times.
2. Do not quote the whole rumour.
3. Provide a link.


If you don't like Eklund, ignore this thread or stay out of it. Any negative comments towards Eklund will result in you receiving a warning or infraction.

Pandemic 02-02-2010 01:22 PM

good idea. I was about to insult eklund again, but then i read the last sentence :(

Rgolt 02-02-2010 01:40 PM

thank u
i was tired of seeing 50 different threads of eklunds rumors

subbanged 02-02-2010 01:44 PM

Finally

Boris Le Tigre 02-02-2010 02:33 PM

Majority rule works out for the best.

You might want to re-think you're philosophy there, Plato. Just cause your greek, that doesn't make you omniscient.

Analyzer 02-02-2010 02:36 PM

Even though I hate Eklund and his lackies, I believe the deal was for the thread to be stickied as well ? That way tools won't be creating new ones.

Habs10Habs 02-02-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 23587685)
Even though I hate Eklund and his lackies, I believe the deal was for the thread to be stickied as well ? That way tools won't be creating new ones.

Check what I wrote in the OP.

"If you decide to open a new thread to discuss Eklund rumours, it will be closed or deleted."

alexstream 02-02-2010 02:50 PM

at last

Analyzer 02-02-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 23587955)
Check what I wrote in the OP.

"If you decide to open a new thread to discuss Eklund rumours, it will be closed or deleted."

Yeah, but new members. Plus, if this falls off the first page they'll just make a new one.

People can't even differentiate between Out of town news and post in that thread, or just make a new one.

Someone is on waivers ? That's cool, is he a member of the habs ? No. Was he picked up by the habs ? No, then it belongs in the out of town thread. It'll be the same with Eklund threads now. I can sense it. At least they will be deleted/ moved asap. Though, I swear Eklund just reads my posts and then says Montréal is interested in that player. I mentioned wanting Brule not too long ago. I'm surprised he hasn't made one for Brouwer.

TankEller* 02-02-2010 02:59 PM

Hopefully the crybabies will stop whining now...

Habs10Habs 02-02-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 23588100)
Yeah, but new members. Plus, if this falls off the first page they'll just make a new one.

People can't even differentiate between Out of town news and post in that thread, or just make a new one.

Someone is on waivers ? That's cool, is he a member of the habs ? No. Was he picked up by the habs ? No, then it belongs in the out of town thread. It'll be the same with Eklund threads now. I can sense it. At least they will be deleted/ moved asap. Though, I swear Eklund just reads my posts and then says Montréal is interested in that player. I mentioned wanting Brule not too long ago. I'm surprised he hasn't made one for Brouwer.

I see your point, but the closer we get to the trade deadline. The less chance this thread will leave the first page.

If this is made into a sticky thread or not. There is still going to be someone who doesn't see it and starts a new thread. So whether it's a sticky thread or not, really doesn't make a difference IMO.

As for the Out of Town thread. That's a totally different discussion, that we (mods) will have to look closely at in the future.

Next Best Thing* 02-02-2010 03:00 PM

So.. what's the latest?

Surely Bob is planning something acording to him...

Enough talking about why this thread needs a purpose, imagine if that Lats vs Pouls one wasn't made, we'd been flocked with 5 threads every time he scored.

habfan1968 02-02-2010 03:06 PM

Kovalchuk and the Devils
 
Although everything with the Devils is always so secretive, the rumbling around the league is the Devils are very much in on Ilya Kovalchuk.

No one will talk, but I have had three sources now tell me, "There is something to this."

Still working on my big rumor blog to come, but this is gaining way too much momentum to ignore.

Added: Apparently Denis Potvin mentioned this possibility on XM this morning as well.



http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...o-that/1/25969

Next Best Thing* 02-02-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfan1968 (Post 23588476)
Although everything with the Devils is always so secretive, the rumbling around the league is the Devils are very much in on Ilya Kovalchuk.

No one will talk, but I have had three sources now tell me, "There is something to this."

Still working on my big rumor blog to come, but this is gaining way too much momentum to ignore.

Added: Apparently Denis Potvin mentioned this possibility on XM this morning as well.

Interested in the "Most Tradeable Players" and where they may be heading? To see more exact details and percentages constantly changing based on my conversations throughout the day visit The NHL Trade Rumor Chart. Your support is greatly appreciated. - Eklund

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...o-that/1/25969

I dont think NJ has the pieces for Kovalchuk tbh, it's not like they will trade Parise, Elias has no value to ATL and I don't see Lou trading away first rounders a la Burke.

IMO it's going to be a 1-for-1 swap for ATL like they did with Heatley because their GM lacks creativity and insight (terrible return for Hossa) so they won't try that again.

BLONG7 02-02-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfan1968 (Post 23588476)
Although everything with the Devils is always so secretive, the rumbling around the league is the Devils are very much in on Ilya Kovalchuk.

No one will talk, but I have had three sources now tell me, "There is something to this."

Still working on my big rumor blog to come, but this is gaining way too much momentum to ignore.

Added: Apparently Denis Potvin mentioned this possibility on XM this morning as well.



http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...o-that/1/25969

I can't see Lou Lam giving into anyone's demands, be it Waddell's or then eventually Kovy....

uiCk 02-02-2010 04:10 PM

about time, ironically, this makes him even more popular lol

vokiel 02-02-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfan1968 (Post 23588476)
Although everything with the Devils is always so secretive, the rumbling around the league is the Devils are very much in on Ilya Kovalchuk.

No one will talk, but I have had three sources now tell me, "There is something to this."

Still working on my big rumor blog to come, but this is gaining way too much momentum to ignore.

Added: Apparently Denis Potvin mentioned this possibility on XM this morning as well.



http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...o-that/1/25969

Ok look this IS the Montreal Canadiens board right? So I think it's fair to assume to we'd want to hear about Eklund Montreal Canadiens rumors. Enough people already don't give a rats' ass about Eklund, you need better targeting here ;)

LastRide 02-02-2010 08:09 PM

Sources tell me the Canadiens/Oilers situation is coming to a head..."There are some key players involved..Edmonton Loves this deal. Montreal is waiting. We are hearing the Canadiens also received the best offer yet for one of their goalies, but in doing this deal the Habs would be setting themselves up for an issue with their backup. However, down the line they would be far, far better off were they to make this deal."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...alchuk/1/25981

Whitesnake 02-02-2010 08:16 PM

By proposing a Eklund thread, I didn't mean to have EVERYTHING that Eklund writes about every team in the NHL. People should just refrain in posting Habs related stuff. If you're interesting in the rest of the league, maybe visit the NHL trade board or something else.

But this is a Habs board. I suggest the thread to be called "All Habs related Eklund rumors". Everything else doesn't belong here.

Habs10Habs 02-02-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vokiel (Post 23590789)
Ok look this IS the Montreal Canadiens board right? So I think it's fair to assume to we'd want to hear about Eklund Montreal Canadiens rumors. Enough people already don't give a rats' ass about Eklund, you need better targeting here ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 23598348)
By proposing a Eklund thread, I didn't mean to have EVERYTHING that Eklund writes about every team in the NHL. People should just refrain in posting Habs related stuff. If you're interesting in the rest of the league, maybe visit the NHL trade board or something else.

But this is a Habs board.

I'll take the blame for this. I should have been more specific in the thread title. I'm going to change it now.

subbanged 02-02-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastRide (Post 23597976)
Sources tell me the Canadiens/Oilers situation is coming to a head..."There are some key players involved..Edmonton Loves this deal. Montreal is waiting. We are hearing the Canadiens also received the best offer yet for one of their goalies, but in doing this deal the Habs would be setting themselves up for an issue with their backup. However, down the line they would be far, far better off were they to make this deal."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...alchuk/1/25981

if it is true I think I'd like a big center or top 4 defenseman who is YOUNG for either it Carey or Jaro, We need to find a way to pull something similar to a phaneuf trade

Mats NAslund 02-02-2010 09:26 PM

Aside from Edmonton's first (overall pick) only Brule or Penner are of interest in Edmonton.
I can guarantee Edmonton wants Price and Sergei Kostitsyn....

Despite all you haters Price will be the btter goalie in the FUTURE when compared to Halak. Price, Montreal's first, Sergei Kostitsyn for Brule and Edmonton's first

hockeyjockey 02-02-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats NAslund (Post 23601845)
Aside from Edmonton's first (overall pick) only Brule or Penner are of interest in Edmonton.
I can guarantee Edmonton wants Price and Sergei Kostitsyn....

Despite all you haters Price will be the btter goalie in the FUTURE when compared to Halak. Price, Montreal's first, Sergei Kostitsyn for Brule and Edmonton's first

take it! i say we keep yaro and Edmonton's first! Taylor hall would be a very good consolation prize!!:handclap:

sampollock 02-02-2010 09:43 PM

penner

Philanthropist 02-02-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgolt (Post 23586383)
thank u
i was tired of seeing 50 different threads of eklunds rumors

And now we don't even have to see what they are unless we open this thread :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.