HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Scott Hartnell (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=734281)

Flyers845 02-04-2010 01:09 PM

Scott Hartnell

What is everyones view on him. Anyone think he has any talent or just a goof/goon. I like him but he was better 2 years ago when he actually scored.

GOB Bluth 02-04-2010 01:11 PM

I would kill to get Hartnell on the Kings.

Flyers845 02-04-2010 01:17 PM

I would miss him if he left but he needs to score more often. You can get a role player to act like that. He gets paid 4 mill to be a pain in the ass. Great gig

JalapenoPeppa* 02-04-2010 01:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3EwTo9LFrw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBUOr...eature=related

nuff said..

http://9.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvl...3rcio1_400.jpg

Kambo 02-04-2010 01:18 PM

I like what he does, when he does it effectively. This season he's just been one big, massive headache. I wish we would have held onto Knuble. :(

JL17 02-04-2010 01:21 PM

He's got game when he uses his mind. But there's far too many times he does absolutely stupid things that hurt his team. Throwing a glove a Malone on a breakaway??? Practice fun....

Flyers845 02-04-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kambo (Post 23642882)
I like what he does, when he does it effectively. This season he's just been one big, massive headache. I wish we would have held onto Knuble. :(

I thought the ending of last nights game was pretty funny. Not to many people do though. Nhl on the fly was ripping him last night calling it dirty.

Skyver 02-04-2010 01:22 PM

He's a very unique player. The Flyers as a whole have been underarchieving this season, but he's good for 60 pts and he can be a pain in the rear for the opposing team. Skilled, insane pest? sign me up!

HOLDITHERE 02-04-2010 01:22 PM

Anyone else think he looks like the ugly, quiet pikey from Snatch?

Fallschirmyager 02-04-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

We CAPS fans are damn happy you didn't. :)

Pests are great right up until they cross the line. Then they are a pain.

Alfredsson11 02-04-2010 01:35 PM

Hes up there in my most hatest players list. The guy is a goof. Does stupid things, thinks hes a big shot, I just don't like him.

AfroThunder396 02-04-2010 01:35 PM

-Obviously has plenty of skill
-Has a big body and knows how to use it effectively
-Has incredibly terrible decision making skills
-Doesn't think before he acts
-Looks like a colossal tool bag

Quite an enigma of a hockey player.

dookie88 02-04-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers845 (Post 23642703)
Anyone think he has any talent or just a goof/goon.

You don't score 30 goals and 60 point in a season with no talent.
He's having an off-year, like the rest of the Flyers forwards.
There aren't a lot of guys out there who can consistenly score 25goals and 50points while being a pain to play against.

Lim Ran 02-04-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 (Post 23643261)

Quite an enigma of a hockey player.

Not really.

Hartnell has some skill obviously - but he's indisputably one of the biggest toolbags in the league, hands down. I wouldn't want him on my team, period.

AfroThunder396 02-04-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azaroth (Post 23643399)
Not really.

Hartnell has some skill obviously - but he's indisputably one of the biggest toolbags in the league, hands down. I wouldn't want him on my team, period.

I was just trying to say that I've never seen a player quite like him before.

Kambo 02-04-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers845 (Post 23642936)
I thought the ending of last nights game was pretty funny. Not to many people do though. Nhl on the fly was ripping him last night calling it dirty.

I had already turned the game off at that point, but somebody explained what happened in the GDT to me. Something like that is whatever. It's in the dying seconds and won't have an outcome on the game either way. It's when he does that **** with 2 minutes left in a tied, or 1 goal game when it becomes absolutely infuriating. Then again, when was the last time the Flyers didn't have anybody on the team not take a terrible penalty within the last 2 minutes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager (Post 23643084)
We CAPS fans are damn happy you didn't. :)

Pests are great right up until they cross the line. Then they are a pain.

If the Caps and Flyers meet in the playoffs, he's guaranteed going to be the one who rips our hearts out and kicks our dog. Just the way the cookie always crumbles for ex-Flyers. That's why I hate when players leave here, say how much they loved it, then proceed to be the thorn in our collective sides everytime we meet up.

Danny Woodhead 02-04-2010 01:49 PM

He would be my favorite player, but two things bother me: 1) takes absolutely ridiculous penalites. 2) His check on Andrew Alberts' head from three years ago. I love nasty, borderline, pesky d-bags, but I draw the line when someone deliberately tries to injure someone in that manner.

decadentia 02-04-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azaroth (Post 23643399)
Not really.

Guess thats what separates you from every GM in the league.

Gene Parmesan 02-04-2010 02:22 PM

He's a good player when his head is on straight.

flyguy 02-04-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 (Post 23643250)
Hes up there in my most hatest players list. The guy is a goof. Does stupid things, thinks hes a big shot, I just don't like him.

How does he think he's a big shot?

He may do some stupid things on the ice, but Hartnell has been a great teammate off of it. I have never seen Hartnell really taunt or anything when he scores, so I fail to see the ********* image so many portray him to be. He has the complete opposite personality of a Sean Avery IMO. A good example of this is the Fartsmell thing with those Pens fans a couple of years ago. Not many players would do what he did for a fan that was making fun of him.

He plays hard every game, and wants to win. Unfortunately, sometimes he forgets to not cross the line on the ice. But a lot of players do this at points. But I don't think that makes Scotty a *********.

Xav 02-04-2010 03:15 PM

Definitely one of my favorite players.

What impresses me is how much he changed when he got dealt to Philly from Nashville.

Seems he hit his potential when arriving at the airport, or what he was touted to be anyways.

MatthewT 02-04-2010 03:15 PM

100% GOOF. I think its his hair, but he really gets under my skin.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME 02-04-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

The Caps are quite pleased with Knuble. He's a bargain at 2.8 million. 19 goals and counting plus great veteran leadership. :handclap:

Hartnell is another animal. Loose cannon would be an accurate description.

DJ Kariyaaa 02-04-2010 03:20 PM

can't stand to play against him, but love his scrap and mean streak.

this is how we deal with him in pittsburgh:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3579/...abbf803c96.jpg

*note.. not my image, i found it on the Pittsburgh Post gazette Empty Netters blog

Xav 02-04-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALLCAPSALLTHETIME (Post 23646166)
The Caps are quite pleased with Knuble. He's a bargain at 2.8 million. 19 goals and counting plus great veteran leadership. :handclap:

Hartnell is another animal. Loose cannon would be an accurate description.

Knuble amazes me.

How many garbage goals can you score? Im actually not being sarcastic whatsoever, hes a champion at scoring garbage goals. He just stands in front of the net find the rebound, tucks it home. Every. Single. Goal.