HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   [SWE] Honest Projections of Sedins at this point (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=73448)

John Druce 04-23-2004 04:05 PM

[SWE] Honest Projections of Sedins at this point

I wouldn't say they were a waste of draft picks (Stefan, Brendl, Connolly haven't fared much better).

But does anyone honestly think they'll be 1st liners on any team in their career?

Predatore 04-23-2004 04:17 PM

I'd still say they have the potential to become first line players but I predict them to become career 2nd-liners capable of scoring 60+ points.
No one would have dared to predict Markus Näslund as a first liner, let alone a superstar, after his first 5-6 seasons in the NHL. Same story with Bertuzzi basically.

monster_bertuzzi 05-05-2004 01:09 AM

Daniel has showed flashes of brilliance, I'm talking all-star game material brilliance, at times this season. Henrik has progressed a little slow for my liking, but is still a bonified 2nd line centre even right now, and to think that these kids are just 23 years old is quite exciting for 'Nuck fans. :teach:

frednorth 05-15-2004 07:15 AM

Don´t forget they have never had a good right winger (looked first liney when paired with Bertuzzi at times last year) and they only play 13-14 minutes a game...potential...they also are VERY clever players who will keep on learning things ALL the time...Imagine Forsberg with these two...

Slime 05-15-2004 11:46 AM

It's funny that people keep trying to set these twins apart in terms of skill and potential. One year it was Daniel who was supposed to have higher potential, next it was Henrik... and now again Daniel. :joker:

Damn it, they are identical twins! They have identical genes, nervous system and overall physics.They were brought up together, and have always played together sharing the same training, coaches and equipment. That means they are equally skilled.

The only thing that sets them apart is that one plays wing and the other is a center, so I'd prefer hearing arguments based on that... instead of comments like Daniel being better than Henrik (or the other way around).

Slime 05-17-2004 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
They develop differently from playing different positions and having different roles and responsabilities...

:lol: It's funny they didn't do that until they ended up in the NHL at the age of 19. Before that they were considered copies with identical skills... no one could argue one being better than the other!

How about we just forget these "development" and "progress" words about them as individuals... the key question that really should be asked is: "what position is a guy with the Sedins talent best suited for... center or wing?" And that's really a hard question to answer, isn't it?

So people really should stop comparing these two boys to each other, and instead look at them as a pair!

Predatore 05-17-2004 04:58 AM

Slime,
A bit confused there. Throughout their careers Daniel has always been considered a goal scorer while Henrik a playmaker. So while similar, they differ in the most obvious aspect of offensive production IMO.
If anything I say they are more similar now, than before. Daniel was touted as a sniper prospect, but he now seems to be a little of both .. while Henrik is still a playmaker.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin
96/97: 26 goals - 14 goals
97/98: 4 goals - 1 goal
98/99: 21 goals - 12 goals
99/00: 16 goals - 9 goals

Slime 05-17-2004 05:59 AM

Quote:

So what you're saying is that one does not learn one position better from playing it for a long time?

Of course you do, but that doesn't make you a better hockeyplayer if your identical twin brother playes beside you year after year.

Slime 05-17-2004 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predatore
Slime,
A bit confused there. Throughout their careers Daniel has always been considered a goal scorer while Henrik a playmaker. So while similar, they differ in the most obvious aspect of offensive production IMO.
If anything I say they are more similar now, than before. Daniel was touted as a sniper prospect, but he now seems to be a little of both .. while Henrik is still a playmaker.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin
96/97: 26 goals - 14 goals
97/98: 4 goals - 1 goal
98/99: 21 goals - 12 goals
99/00: 16 goals - 9 goals

Yes, but that's more because Daniel plays wing than that he would actually be a lot better at scoring.

These guys are overall equally talented/skilled, it's just that one was put on wing and one as a center in the beginning of time... for practical reasons You can't make an argument about who of them is better, or who will play in the 1st/2nd line and who will not.

Bottom line: If Daniel is a potential 1st liner in the NHL, then Henrik is too!

Fredrik 05-17-2004 07:02 AM

Quote:

Well... They learn different things from playing different positions... :P

Slime's argument is still valid. Since they are identical twins they are just as talented. Playing different positions is the only thing setting them apart. It makes a difference but not a huge one.

Fredrik 05-17-2004 07:11 AM

Quote:

Talent is only one part of the game.
They hone different skills while playing different positions.

Both are forwards and they play together and have done for all time so I'd still say there isn't much difference between them. It's not as with Lundqvists where one is a goalie.

Robertsson 4-ever 05-17-2004 09:37 AM

Quote:

The Lundqvists aren't identical twins though me thinks.

They are identical twins. ;)

mach777 05-17-2004 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesota Norse Star
I wouldn't say they were a waste of draft picks (Stefan, Brendl, Connolly haven't fared much better).

But does anyone honestly think they'll be 1st liners on any team in their career?

If they take steps to better their skating and improve their physique, the sky is the limit. They obviously got the talent, they just need to get into the winners mentality that average isn't good enough. Work, work, work.

Mach

dumpnchase 05-30-2004 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frednorth
Don´t forget they have never had a good right winger (looked first liney when paired with Bertuzzi at times last year) and they only play 13-14 minutes a game...potential...they also are VERY clever players who will keep on learning things ALL the time...Imagine Forsberg with these two...

Why couldn't they have been triplets.
Sedin-Sedin-Sedin

:joker: