HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Injury Report: Cam Ward out again (upper body) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=734788)

Gotta Catch Em Staal 02-05-2010 10:14 AM

Cam Ward out again (upper body)

Chip Alexander says Cam Ward has an upper body injury and is returning to Raleigh. Peters has been recalled.

I am praying that this season has just been bad luck and is not a sign of things to come. An injury prone franchise goaltender is one of the worst things that can happen to a team. And yes, obviously the cut from Nash was bad luck, but it's the back thing from the start of the season that I am worried about. This could be that surfacing again.

Hopefully this is just something minor. While he's gone, though, the fall for Hall is back on.

daikan 02-05-2010 10:17 AM

Well the cut was really just bad luck. I don't think that's an indication of him being injury prone at all. This might be, though.. but hopefully not.

Guy 02-05-2010 10:17 AM

I'm more sad about LaRose being put on IR, he's our best player out there and he just flies around the ice and you can tell he loves it here.

Ward has been very average lately and I think he just needs a rest we play him too hard. But Legace is very bad, I preferred Leighton he should have never been cut. I don't know who Peters is.

Gotta Catch Em Staal 02-05-2010 10:19 AM

I think we should call up Conboy to backup Ward because at least he is SO TUFF.

Guy 02-05-2010 10:21 AM

Conboy gets to areas of the ice our other players can't, we need him.

semin4captain 02-05-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleCooper (Post 23674303)
I think we should call up Conboy to backup Ward because at least he is SO TUFF.

No. Conboy is needed to provide grit and a net presence on the powerplay. Legace will be fine in net with the Gritty Veteran limiting quality scoring chances to a mere 25-30 per game.

Sasha Cares 02-05-2010 10:29 AM

Yea, Ward and his thin skin is getting old. :D

Boom Boom Anton 02-05-2010 10:41 AM

Now, there is even less reason (than there was a couple of weeks ago) to put Cam in unless he is 100% healthy.

Might just as well see if Peters can handle backup duties next year by giving him some games this year.

What the Faulk 02-05-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CANES (Post 23674257)
I'm more sad about LaRose being put on IR, he's our best player out there and he just flies around the ice and you can tell he loves it here.

Ward has been very average lately and I think he just needs a rest we play him too hard. But Legace is very bad, I preferred Leighton he should have never been cut. I don't know who Peters is.

This was my first thought as well. He played, what, 21 in a row before Legace had his brief appearance?

OrioleWay 02-05-2010 10:52 AM

Poor Cam. I hope is nothing serious.

Here comes another 15 loses because Wardo is the reason we win some games lately.

Boom Boom Anton 02-05-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Ward has been very average lately and I think he just needs a rest we play him too hard.

I agree he probably needs a little more rest, but "lately" is a relative term. For the 4 games before this roadtrip, he has been anything but average and a big reason they won those games.

He has been more pedestrian the last 2 games, but not all of that is on him (puck off Wallin's skate in Edmonton, guy (Gagner) wide open in the slot, 2 on 1 in Calgary due to Pitkanen mistake). I think he has been average the last 2 games..but very good the 4 before that.

Maybe the reason he's been average is this "upper body" injury affecting his play. Not making excuses, just speculating.

Cardiac_Canes 02-05-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

There is so much wrong with this post.

dogbazinho 02-05-2010 11:05 AM

I was actually thinking last game we should be resting Ward to showcase Legace and help our fall for Hall cause.

Guy 02-05-2010 11:07 AM

The :sarcasm: was implied.

I'm sarcastic, not ********.

mtxed 02-05-2010 11:08 AM

Does this mean that Legace will get some games in?

caniac247 02-05-2010 11:19 AM

Chip reporting possible back flare up for Ward. This is why you have a freakin back up so you don't run your franchise goalie to the ground on a wasted season :rant:

msgtcody 02-05-2010 11:27 AM

i wouldn't get too worked up about this although maurice does have the tendency to run a goalie into the ground. he may very well have a little back injury or it tightened up on him some but im thinking more of lots of trades starting to happen, the transition is about to begin, lets fall for hall.

for those of you wanting conboy (sarcasm or not) recalled i think you will find goertzen fits that role pretty well. hes a bigger more physical kostopoulos and a little better fighter as well.

NobodysFaulkButMine 02-05-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caniac247 (Post 23675440)
Chip reporting possible back flare up for Ward. This is why you have a freakin back up so you don't run your franchise goalie to the ground on a wasted season :rant:

Ughhh, a prolonged back injury is probably the second worst injury for a butterfly goalie (Knees being the worst). Even if it's minor, he shouldn't come back until March. Hopefully Peters and Legace manage so Wardo won't be rushed.

geehaad 02-05-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CANES (Post 23675195)
The :sarcasm: was implied.

I'm sarcastic, not ********.

I thought you were serious too, so you're ******** for not using the sarcasm smiley. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by caniac247 (Post 23675440)

[sigh] Yes, exactly. Even if he's not all that injured from this, the benefits of starting Ward in umpteen straight games is still a mystery to me. Beyond that, I really really really hope that they put Peters behind the net so we can see him play for once. I have to think he's approaching a record for the number of games having sat on the bench without actually playing in a game.

dammit100 02-05-2010 12:16 PM

I'm actually happy about this (not that he's injured, but that we'll surely lose more). let the guy rest through April for all I care.

bleedgreen 02-05-2010 12:16 PM

not surprising he got hurt, considering he's played in like 20 games in a row. whats that **** about? of course he is gonna be hurt. we do have two goalies, and we are the second worst team in hockey. that makes sense. lucky the guy didnt blow out a knee.

Anton Bubdobin 02-05-2010 03:01 PM

How else are we going to make our run to the playoffs but to play Wardo every night? I'm surprised Legace's even been coming to the games lately.