HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Prospect Info: Red Wings Mid-Season Prospect Rankings [#4] (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=734854)

jacK 02-05-2010 12:57 PM

Red Wings Mid-Season Prospect Rankings [#4]

RWC's updated rankings: link
r0bert8841's prospect tracker: link
previous polls: [#1] [#2] [#3]

another pretty consensus winner w/ Smith taking #3. i'm wondering how the Ferrero/Mursak/Nyquist votes start panning out... and where McCollum/Larsson end up after their early-season struggles...
in any event, pick our 4th-best prospect, pick who you want added for the next poll, but don't pick your nose. explain your pick(s), and have a nice weekend.
added for round 4, Andrej Nestrasil.

Results:
#1 - (F) Tomas Tatar - 45.45%
#2 - (D) Jakub Kindl - 48.08%
#3 - (D) Brendan Smith - 47.06%

Huddy* 02-05-2010 01:03 PM

Ritola looks like the one that will be up w the club the quickest

He had a good 5 game stinct w us this year..looked like he could handle his own, created chances, and was good down low..

would like to see Brian Lashoffs name next

Huddy* 02-05-2010 01:10 PM

"Dick Axelsson (-9), F, Grand Rapids (AHL). After pulling his AHL disappearing act, itís hard to believe heíll ever play for the Red Wings. "

meaning he cant score lol or just not showing up for games and prac??

any news on this?

doublejack 02-05-2010 01:58 PM

3rd consecutive poll I'm voting for Mursak.

As far as Axelsson, he pulled a Hackert / Ryno. He just up and left, returning to Europe without the team's permission. Any dreams he has of some day playing in the NHL are on life support. He's all but done.

Winger98 02-05-2010 01:58 PM

Between Mursak and Ferraro for me, I think Mursak's closer so I went with him.

add HTD

sarcastro 02-05-2010 02:07 PM

McCollum, even though he's having a ****** year.

r0bert8841 02-05-2010 02:12 PM

Mursak again, hopefully he finnally gets voted in so I can vote for someone else!

And in my opinion Pyett Coetzee Callahan and Pare are the 4 most deserving candidates to be added.

zackisonfire* 02-05-2010 02:20 PM

Mursak. The road from being a successful player in juniors/ncaa to the NHL is too far for me to put Nyquist or Ferraro ahead of Mursak.

Still Lashoff.

zackisonfire* 02-05-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0bert8841 (Post 23679247)
Mursak again, hopefully he finnally gets voted in so I can vote for someone else!

And in my opinion Pyett Coetzee Callahan and Pare are the 4 most deserving candidates to be added.

Pare could be our sleeper prospect. If Pare can manage to overcome his glaring deficiencies, he could become a really intriguing offensive prospect.

jaster 02-05-2010 02:41 PM

Voted Mursak again, since he keeps getting shafted :laugh: Otherwise, my #4 is Smith.

1. Tatar
2. Mursak
3. Nyquist
4. Smith

r0bert8841 02-05-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humdrum (Post 23679566)
Pare could be our sleeper prospect. If Pare can manage to overcome his glaring deficiencies, he could become a really intriguing offensive prospect.

Everytime I watch Pare I come away impressed. Skilled player, keeps his game simple. He knows how to get the puck to the net to create scoring chances. He is also real good defensively. He also is not afraid of playing in front of the net and he is quite good at scoring dirty goals. His only real issue in my opinion is skating, but he is ussually always in such good position that it doesnt even matter (in the AHL that is). I bet he could put up pretty decent numbers playing with Holmer in the NHL. He is a year or 2 away from the NHL, he looked quite good in preseason. It still confuses me to see how underrated he is.

Also how is Ferraro winning this? Can those who voted for him explain their reasoning behind it?

Edit: Mursak gains 2 votes to take the lead while I typed this.

FabricDetails 02-05-2010 02:42 PM

I voted for Mursak but I thought Nyquist would have more votes that he does now. IMO, he has a similar upside to Mursak and Ferraro.

r0bert8841 02-05-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaster (Post 23679852)
Voted Mursak again, since he keeps getting shafted :laugh: Otherwise, my #4 is Smith.

1. Tatar
2. Mursak
3. Nyquist
4. Smith

Thats my list too! :)

r0bert8841 02-05-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FabricDetails (Post 23679882)
I voted for Mursak but I thought Nyquist would have more votes that he does now. IMO, he has a similar upside to Mursak and Ferraro.

Once Mursak gets voted in, his voters will probably hop on Nyquist's ship.

zackisonfire* 02-05-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0bert8841 (Post 23679937)

I'll be one of those. Quite frankly, I'm surprised by how many votes Landon is getting this early in the process even if you ignore his disappointing season.

FabricDetails 02-05-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humdrum (Post 23680007)
I'll be one of those. Quite frankly, I'm surprised by how many votes Landon is getting this early in the process even if you ignore his disappointing season.

The way RWC has Ferraro ahead of Mursak is a little weird, even if it only one spot. Every difference between the two that some use to justify Ferraro ahead of him that I've heard of is lame.

Mursak had a setback in his AHL rookie season, no doubt about that; but he's bounced back very well. To me that's worth A LOT. That is what is most impressive about him to me. It means he's struggled through adversity and found a way to play through it to show first line scoring potential.

FabricDetails 02-05-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaster (Post 23679852)

1. Tatar
2. Mursak
3. Nyquist
4. Smith

I don't know about Smith ahead of Kindl. Not that I agree or disagree right now. What's your reasoning behind that one?

And are you going to start these polls at RWC one day? Or is there more and or better discussion here?

puppetzz 02-05-2010 03:10 PM

Nyquist currently has 36p 24 games

Abdelkaders best year in NCAA was 40p 42games

jaster 02-05-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FabricDetails (Post 23680438)
I don't know about Smith ahead of Kindl. Not that I agree or disagree right now. What's your reasoning behind that one?

Honestly, I rate them pretty close. I have no qualms with people voting Kindl higher. My take is that while Smith has a huge hole in his game (defense), it's something that can be overcome with coaching/practice/hard work. Kindl's hole is more fundamental. Something mental. I don't know what he has to do to correct that or if he ever will. Hopefully playing with more talented players will help? I don't know, I just think it's a bigger question mark than Smith's.

Also, I think Smith's world-class skating and pure offensive talent are something special. A level of special I'm not sure any part of Kindl's game can match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FabricDetails (Post 23680438)
And are you going to start these polls at RWC one day? Or is there more and or better discussion here?

I'm not posting at RWC right now, so I won't be starting polls over there. I'm sure there are others there that would be happy to start them ;)

Vatican Roulette 02-05-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0bert8841 (Post 23679937)

I've been voting for him since #2.

It's a lonely ship...

kuick 02-05-2010 04:21 PM

Voted for Mursak. Cannot deny AHL success, especially on a team like the Griffs which are doing so poor this year.

Marky9er 02-05-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcastro (Post 23679145)
McCollum, even though he's having a ****** year.

While I believe tmac has the most potential in the system, I cannot put him in the top five until he shows he is more than a great junior. Surely the club isn't feeling any need torush him and he will have all the time and guidance he needs to mature. I have been a Guelph fan since the bertuzzi days so I have been a mccollum supporter longer than he has been a detroit prospect, but even I find it odd he won the coinflip with markstrom given the Swedish connection. I think markstrom would be the runaway number one on this list. Not writing him off by any means, but
at this point it looks like we missed a very special talent in Jacob markstrom. I hope thomas can prove the choice correct, n that is a big task.

RedWingsNow* 02-05-2010 04:49 PM

Voted Mursak. Now please, let him win so I can finally vote for someone new.

heyfolks 02-05-2010 04:50 PM

Nyquist for the same reasoning stated in #3.

FabricDetails 02-05-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaster (Post 23681437)
I'm not posting at RWC right now, so I won't be starting polls over there. I'm sure there are others there that would be happy to start them ;)

I check up on there once in a while but there just isn't much discussion going on that's worth anyone's time. Some users see the way Mursak and Nyquist are doing and they're like, "Put him in a Wings uniform now!!!"