HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Defense (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=73536)

Rangermon 04-23-2004 11:27 PM

Defense

Which three or four of the following can't/won't be on the Opening Night roster next year:

Poti
Kasparaitis
Mironov
Bouchard
Purinton
Tyutin
Pock
Rachunek
Grenier
Kondratiev

Firefly 04-23-2004 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangermon
Which three or four of the following can't/won't be on the Opening Night roster next year:

Poti
Kasparaitis
Mironov
Bouchard
Purinton
Tyutin
Pock
Rachunek
Grenier
Kondratiev

my guess...

Grenier
Bouchard
Purinton
Poti

vbox81 04-24-2004 07:43 AM

Can't is Purinton and Bouchard, we won't resign them.

For that reason Mironov might not either.

I would hope Gernier isn't called up.

Poti is the wild card: does he get to play with a Beukeboom-type so he can roam and not worry or is he traded?

Blueshirt13 04-24-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangermon

Poti
Kasparaitis
Mironov
Bouchard
Purinton
Tyutin
Pock
Rachunek
Grenier
Kondratiev

Purinton - should not be playing with taking stupid penalties constantly
Mironov - will be let go with the youth movement
Bouchard - management hasn't been big on
Grenier - didn't call him at up at the end the year when it was a good time for experience

Lampman is also a possibility. He did ok when they called him up

BLACKBURN 04-24-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt13
Mironov - will be let go with the youth movement

I think we need to keep some veterans. We dont want to get run over because lack of experience. We definitely need some veteran presence, even if it isnt boris.

free0717 04-24-2004 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
I think we need to keep some veterans. We dont want to get run over because lack of experience. We definitely need some veteran presence, even if it isnt boris.

POTI, POTI AND POTI

Bacchus 04-24-2004 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free0717
POTI, POTI AND POTI

Add POTI to this!!!

BDubinskyNYR17* 04-24-2004 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skroob
Add Poti to a box of razor blades and a bucket of AIDS and you have a good start.

Rangers should sign Jon Klemm and Todd Simpson to replace Purinton and Mironov, both are better defensive players and tough.

dumpsathernow* 04-25-2004 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Rangers should sign Jon Klemm and Todd Simpson to replace Purinton and Mironov, both are better defensive players and tough.

dont know about todd simpson, rather see 2 of these 3 vets signed matvichuk, klemm or maybe sean hill , we could have this opening line up on "d'"

tyutin - kasparitis
pock - klemm
rachunek / lampman - matvichuk

not to high on rachunek rather see our own youth get the shot then some other teams youth lets send rachunek to atlanta with a couple seconds for there first. its no lose with rachunek lampaman jumps right in his spot.
a solid d man with 2young offensive minded d men in lampman and pock to learn the d part of the game, and tyutin who already seems to be very mature and is very good definsively not making many mistakes and shows good offensive talent in flashes will be great witha stay at home d man such as kaspar.
right there we have 3 excellent pieces of youth that will learn the d side of the game from those vets. those 3 combos would be great i think and would work, definitly need vets as someone said we dont want to get ran over dont want these kids to lose confidence and fell there no good buy constantly losing, they need vets to learn from i would say more a youth movement on offense but in the d part of the game have half youth half vets then in 3 years or so these young guys mature enough bring up another couple young guys and let them learn from pock, tyutin, lampman or rachunek thats our best bet . been watching nyr lose for 7 years would like to see some wins here and there

charliemurphy 04-26-2004 02:49 PM

I don't think Sather wants to bring in a top veteran D'man.
Kondratiev will easily make the roster.
Brian Leetch will back in 06'.
O5' Defense:
Tyutin-FA=Gauthier?
Kasparaitis-Kondratiev
Rachunek-Pock

skunk 04-26-2004 07:01 PM

There is no reason to bring in a FA defenseman.

If anything trading Poti and Lundmark for a young, physical defenseman is a good idea. Gauthier won't be dealt.

Kasper-Tjutin should be one pairing.
Kondratiev - Rachunek a second pairing
Lampan-Pock

We'll blow the first 40 games but hopefully the defense will start coming around after then.

rnyquist 04-26-2004 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliemurphy
I don't think Sather wants to bring in a top veteran D'man.
Kondratiev will easily make the roster.
Brian Leetch will back in 06'.
O5' Defense:
Tyutin-FA=Gauthier?
Kasparaitis-Kondratiev
Rachunek-Pock

remind me, why are we bringing back Brian Leetch? He's old, slow and yet we're bringing him back for what? Leadership? nope. So we can bring him back, play 30 minutes and give the puck up?? Because you can blame poti all you want but lets face it, Poti didn't get much help from Leetch either. If leetch comes back people will expect the former 94' shell like most did this year. IMO he's better left out of NYR, we're a young team now, and we don't need a leader if we get another vet and we have kaspar. Look Leetch is great but no one wants to see a shell of his former self, he should retire playing well, not as a joke or forced out like Phil Hously

gkrangers 04-26-2004 08:06 PM

Tyutin-Mironov
Rachunek-Kondratiev
Pock-Kasparaitis

Poti will be traded.

rnyquist 04-26-2004 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkrangers
Tyutin-Mironov
Rachunek-Kondratiev
Pock-Kasparaitis

Poti will be traded.

I'd even go

Tyutin Kaspar
Rachunek Pock
Mironov Kondratiev

but ya, Poti should be dealt, he's taking up a spot

charliemurphy 04-26-2004 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnyquist
remind me, why are we bringing back Brian Leetch? He's old, slow and yet we're bringing him back for what? Leadership? nope. So we can bring him back, play 30 minutes and give the puck up??
Because you can blame poti all you want but lets face it, Poti didn't get much help from Leetch either.
If leetch comes back people will expect the former 94' shell like most did this year. IMO he's better left out of NYR, we're a young team now, and we don't need a leader if we get another vet and we have kaspar. Look Leetch is great but no one wants to see a shell of his former self, he should retire playing well, not as a joke or forced out like Phil Hously

:lol That's funny. You can't be serious. :lol

Zinkbot 04-26-2004 10:11 PM

Is there any chance Ales Pisa could come back?

skunk 04-27-2004 03:30 PM

Would I mind Leetch back? No. Would I care if he wasn't brought back? No.

You have to go on a little faith that at the end of next year that perhaps 1 of the following group will be ready for our big club and adding something to our team

Beranka
Potter
Guenin
Liffiton
Grenier

So if you are a little confident that Kondratiev, Lampman, Pock and Tjutin will be up almost all year and improving where does that leave bringing Leetch back? You still have Rachunek, Poti and Kasper. Kasper isn't going anywhere.

I despise Rachunek. He didn't hit one person his entire time here although it has been brief. Poti isn't a fit here. I think both should be traded. I would like to see Lampman, Kondratiev, Pock, Tjutin, Kasper and a younger physical defenseman as our 6 next year.