HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Injury Report: Andrei Kostitsyn, Benoit Pouliot watch (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=736057)

Next Best Thing* 02-08-2010 02:23 AM

Andrei Kostitsyn, Benoit Pouliot watch

I don't see any info regarding their status, but it's my understanding that AK is close to a return and Pouliot, I have not heard much about, anyone know anything?

The team is completely different with these two in the lineup, and if we had Cammy I would have thunk we could have went on a serious playoffs push a la Ottawa. Right now I think the best we can hope for is some offense.

mario66lemieux* 02-08-2010 03:39 AM

With 6 days left in the season before the 2 week Olympic break, I can't see any of them coming back. Pouliot was put on IR by the way, so he cant be back before saturday which is the last game before the break.

Just wait till the break is over and habs resume play march 2nd, Pouliot, Kostitsyn and Bergeron will be back. Cammaleri should be back around March 15th.

CuteHockeyBunny 02-08-2010 03:48 AM

Yea. Even if they're ready to play the last 1-3 games, I'd let them rest for the Olympics (in the case of AK46) and just general RnR for the rest of the break so that the chums could relax and heal minor injuries/bruises.

RevenueSharing* 02-08-2010 03:52 AM

why is pouliot on the IR anyways? i didn't even hear anything about it. just one day, i went to a GDT and it was briefly mentioned "Btw, Pouliot is on the IR" and nobody even questioned it!

Not knowing the severity of Pouliot's injury, i'll just assume that we'll have both Benoit and Andre back for the first game after the olympics.

la25ecoupe 02-08-2010 07:36 AM

is andrei on ir?

King Woodballs 02-08-2010 07:49 AM

Pouliot had to go on IR so they could make the call ups
Had the team not IR'd him they would have been over the max allowable players on the roster

Kjell Dahlin 02-08-2010 09:54 AM

Since Cammalleri went down, our Canadiens are 3-1; it's amazing and a great display of resiliency. The olympic break will sure be appreciated in Habs land.

According to François Gagnon from La Presse and cyberpresse.ca:

Marc-André Bergeron: knee; doubtful before the break

Pouliot: shoulder; doubtful before the break - I read (can't find the link) that he currently is unable to shoot the puck since he played while being injured against the Bruins.

Source: http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70315637

-----------------

As for Andrei Kostitsyn (knee), his little brother mentioned a few days ago that there is a 50/50 chance that he'll play at the Olympic but according to Jacques Martin, "after the break" is more realistic. I already provided the links... the search engine is your friend!

Next Best Thing* 02-08-2010 01:46 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Kjell Dahlin

habtastic 02-08-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin (Post 23744858)
Since Cammalleri went down, our Canadiens are 3-1; it's amazing and a great display of resiliency. The olympic break will sure be appreciated in Habs land.

According to François Gagnon from La Presse and cyberpresse.ca:

Marc-André Bergeron: knee; doubtful before the break

Pouliot: shoulder; doubtful before the break - I read (can't find the link) that he currently is unable to shoot the puck since he played while being injured against the Bruins.

Source: http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70315637

-----------------

As for Andrei Kostitsyn (knee), his little brother mentioned a few days ago that there is a 50/50 chance that he'll play at the Olympic but according to Jacques Martin, "after the break" is more realistic. I already provided the links... the search engine is your friend!

Re: pouliot- that does NOT sound very encouraging. How is that gonna heal in two weeks?

Swe_hab 02-08-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habtastic (Post 23751547)
Re: pouliot- that does NOT sound very encouraging. How is that gonna heal in two weeks?

That's you typical shoulder injury. Usually you can't shoot until it's all healed up, but- of course varying on the degree of the injury- it usually heals pretty quick.

But I've no clue what the problem with his shoulder is... if it's dislocated it seems like a pretty naive prediction.

le_sean 02-08-2010 07:28 PM

One thing is for sure, this Olympic break is really going to help this team.

Kjell Dahlin 02-08-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swe_hab (Post 23756522)
That's you typical shoulder injury. Usually you can't shoot until it's all healed up, but- of course varying on the degree of the injury- it usually heals pretty quick.

But I've no clue what the problem with his shoulder is... if it's dislocated it seems like a pretty naive prediction.

Q. "... But I've no clue what the problem with his shoulder is..."

A. "... Benoit Pouliot qui est blessé au muscle sous l’épaule droite..."

It's the "right shoulder' muscle" according to F. Gagnon; a strain maybe?

skule123 02-09-2010 09:55 AM

Bad news about MAB:

Quote:

rdsca

RDS a appris que Marc-André Bergeron sera absent pour une période de 6 à 8 semaines en raison d'une blessure au genou gauche.

shutehinside 02-09-2010 02:30 PM

Pouli-hot out until March as per Habs I/O. :(

Myron Gaines* 02-09-2010 02:31 PM

Breaking news - the whole team is out for 6 to 8 weeks.

HH 02-09-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 23776265)
Pouli-hot out until March as per Habs I/O. :(

Yup, after the Olympic break is March lol. 3 games to go until the break.

habtastic 02-09-2010 02:52 PM

I know where Benoit is hiding...

http://cdn.nhl.com/oilers/images/upl...205-canes1.jpg

shutehinside 02-09-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryI (Post 23776349)
Yup, after the Olympic break is March lol. 3 games to go until the break.

Way to ruin the dramitic effect I had going :p:

PK76 02-09-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by la25ecoupe (Post 23744133)
is andrei on ir?

Yeah he is.

I really wanted him to play in the Olympics since it's a great and rare opportunity for him to represent his country but if he's not 100% healthy I'd rather see him take 2 weeks to get better.

hototogisu 02-10-2010 01:24 PM

http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/28955

Quote:

Andrei Kostitsyn was on the ice alone with head athletic therapist Graham Rynbend about 90 minutes before the scheduled start of the morning skate. Nothing demanding, but some gentle flexibility and range of motion work.

jcpenny 02-10-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habtastic (Post 23776707)

I want him with the Habs...

InglewoodJack 02-12-2010 04:54 PM

Andrei Kostitsyn gets conditional OK to play for Belarus.
This is good, makes me feel pretty confident he'll be back in time for the western trip, and much needed at that.

Dan K 02-12-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InglewoodJack (Post 23862151)
Andrei Kostitsyn gets conditional OK to play for Belarus.
This is good, makes me feel pretty confident he'll be back in time for the western trip, and much needed at that.

Sounds to me like he should be back post-Olympics, and may even get into one of Belarus's last games.

InglewoodJack 02-12-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu (Post 23862205)
Sounds to me like he should be back post-Olympics, and may even get into one of Belarus's last games.

With the way he was playing pre-injury, I fear Belorussian doctors are going to take a"conditional OK" as a "he's good enough" and screw him up by playing him to fill up some much needed scoring.