HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Nieuwendyk out for Gm.2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=73611)

Raging Bull 04-24-2004 12:56 PM

Nieuwendyk out for Gm.2
 
Well, there you have it. This game should be yours for the picking. No Sundin, no Nolan, and now no Nieuwendyk.

blah 04-24-2004 12:57 PM

Wow, Leafs are dropping like flies. What's wrong w/ Newy?

Raging Bull 04-24-2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Wow, Leafs are dropping like flies. What's wrong w/ Newy?

Upper Body Injury=Back

He missed Gm.4 of the Sens series with it.

capn89* 04-24-2004 01:02 PM

wah wah :nopity:


:rolleyes:

Raging Bull 04-24-2004 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
wah wah :nopity:


:rolleyes:

Who's complaining?

capn89* 04-24-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogilny8989
Who's complaining?

already making excuses

Raging Bull 04-24-2004 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
already making excuses

I just came here to tell you guys some useful information and all of a sudden I'm making excuses?

Green Mile 04-24-2004 01:14 PM

Flyers better watch out, imo. I think when things like these happen, teams often 'group together' and play their hearts out. In the regular season, they can roll over and just die until the injured players come back, but in the playoffs, I think the players focus and play a good team game. The Flyers just need to do the same, and get a 'killer instict' mentality.

stanley 04-24-2004 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogilny8989
I just came here to tell you guys some useful information and all of a sudden I'm making excuses?

Thanks for the info. Most of us appreciate it.

Flyman 04-24-2004 01:22 PM

Yea, thx for the info. It's gonna be hard for you without those tree. good luck anyway.

blah 04-24-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Mile
Flyers better watch out, imo. I think when things like these happen, teams often 'group together' and play their hearts out. In the regular season, they can roll over and just die until the injured players come back, but in the playoffs, I think the players focus and play a good team game. The Flyers just need to do the same, and get a 'killer instict' mentality.

True, but w/ the Flyers depth I don't think it will be an issue.

Sum1winachampionship 04-24-2004 02:47 PM

Nothing motivates a team more than adversity. This team needs to go for the throat. They sit back at all and they'll be in Toronto 1-1

FlyersFan 04-24-2004 03:09 PM

anyone know if we get kim johnsson back tonite?

JOHNBOY 04-24-2004 03:44 PM

The Leafs old age is really starting to catch up to them (aside from sundins injury).

Flyer765 04-24-2004 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan
anyone know if we get kim johnsson back tonite?

I though the match was tommorow or did i miss read the scheduel.

Winston Wolf 04-24-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedoruk_#29
I though the match was tommorow or did i miss read the scheduel.

No, you're correct, the game is on Sunday.

EvilCl0wn14 04-24-2004 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedoruk_#29
I though the match was tommorow or did i miss read the scheduel.

yea it is tomorrow

Gert B Frobe 04-24-2004 07:58 PM

With no Nieuwendyk or Sundin - the Leafs are very, very thin at center. Flyers need to step on some necks and make a statement before heading north. I think they win game 2 going away...

King Fish 04-24-2004 10:36 PM

I wonder if Hitch will keep Brash on the Primeau line. Personally I'd like to see less of Donald and more of Branko, Somik is always a threat to gain the red line and dump it in the corner.

MiamiScreamingEagles 04-24-2004 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Mile
Flyers better watch out, imo. I think when things like these happen, teams often 'group together' and play their hearts out. In the regular season, they can roll over and just die until the injured players come back, but in the playoffs, I think the players focus and play a good team game. The Flyers just need to do the same, and get a 'killer instict' mentality.


Very true! The 1987 Flyers made it to Game 7 of the Finals and were decimated by injuries.

Pantokrator 04-25-2004 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum1winachampionship
Nothing motivates a team more than adversity. This team needs to go for the throat. They sit back at all and they'll be in Toronto 1-1


Definitely. Look how the Flyers did without Primeau and Roenick. For the most part they fought hard. I expect the Flyers to think it will be an easy win, and come out flat (but, I always predict the worst anyway). The LEafs have done exceptionally well without Sundin, they can suck it up (for a little while at least).

p.l.f. 04-25-2004 10:40 AM

im guessing you'll see something like:

roberts francis mogilny
tucker sundin domi
fitzgerald wilm renberg
kilger reichel perrott

Raging Bull 04-25-2004 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
im guessing you'll see something like:

roberts francis mogilny
tucker sundin domi
fitzgerald wilm renberg
kilger reichel perrott

Antropov and Poni both healthy scratches? :dunno:

CNote 04-25-2004 11:02 AM

....that's it, I'm done believing anything I read in the papers. Now they're saying that Sundin will probably play Sunday night. Depleted roster or not, the Leafs always play hard and are usually even tougher when they're backs are up against the wall. Bottom line: we need game #2.

-cnote-

Let's Go Flyers!

FlyersFan 04-25-2004 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedoruk_#29
I though the match was tommorow or did i miss read the scheduel.

you're right, my mistake.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.