HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Prospect Info: Red Wings Mid-Season Prospect Rankings [#5] (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=736273)

jacK 02-08-2010 03:46 PM

Red Wings Mid-Season Prospect Rankings [#5]
 
RWC's updated rankings: link
r0bert8841's prospect tracker: link
previous polls: [#1] [#2] [#3] [#4]

closest vote yet slots Jan Mursak in at #4.
tell us who/why your pick for #5 is, tell me who you want added for round 6 (this is pretty important and a lot of you are skipping it... Brian Lashoff had the most 'adds' last round... with 2. c'mon man!)
added for round 5, Brian Lashoff.



Results:
#1 - (F) Tomas Tatar - 45.45%
#2 - (D) Jakub Kindl - 48.08%
#3 - (D) Brendan Smith - 47.06%
#4 - (F) Jan Mursak - 35.14%

jaster 02-08-2010 03:57 PM

Gotta be Gus. Fourth in NCAA scoring, btw.

Otherwise, my number 5 would be Kindl.

1. Tatar
2. Mursak
3. Nyquist
4. Smith
5. Kindl

ProPAIN 02-08-2010 04:07 PM

yeah, i like how nyquist is performing in the NCAA, he's getting some good points there and looks like a good talent.

funny how the goalies don't get any love around here. I know Larsson and McCollum aren't doing well, but surely they are good prospects, no?

zetterberg40 02-08-2010 04:10 PM

I personally went with Ferraro. I like Gus' skill-set but something about Ferraro just really appeals to me.

kuick 02-08-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40 (Post 23753819)
I personally went with Ferraro. I like Gus' skill-set but something about Ferraro just really appeals to me.

Same here, but I have a feeling Nyquist will win anyway.

Redwingsfan 02-08-2010 04:56 PM

Ferraro..

Add Nicastro..

zackisonfire* 02-08-2010 05:26 PM

Ferraro's diminished goal scoring prowess in tandem with Nyquist's offensive explosion has Nyquist edging out Landon.

add pare

Marky9er 02-08-2010 05:48 PM

Add Coetzee I think that was mentioned a couple times in vote four.

Franzenstein 02-08-2010 06:03 PM

I went with Ritola. He looked alright in his stint w/ Detroit. Either give him a shot or ship him out. How much longer can he play in the AHL?

Add Nicastro or Coetzee. No big deal.

Winger98 02-08-2010 07:02 PM

voted Ferraro.

Add Coatzee

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPAIN (Post 23753748)
yeah, i like how nyquist is performing in the NCAA, he's getting some good points there and looks like a good talent.

funny how the goalies don't get any love around here. I know Larsson and McCollum aren't doing well, but surely they are good prospects, no?

Personally, I always kept the goalies lower on prospect lists because they seem more unpredictable than prospects from other positions.

FabricDetails 02-08-2010 07:04 PM

Nyquist.

He's getting more points this year because he's learned how to generate assists off of shots more often.

heyfolks 02-08-2010 07:26 PM

The guy who should be above Mursak ;) .. Nyquist.

Filppula 02-08-2010 08:18 PM

Easily Nquist, should've been higher, not that I can really complain about the order thus far.

Add Kolosov.

RedWingsNow* 02-08-2010 09:35 PM

nyquil

jacK 02-08-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPAIN (Post 23753748)
yeah, i like how nyquist is performing in the NCAA, he's getting some good points there and looks like a good talent.

funny how the goalies don't get any love around here. I know Larsson and McCollum aren't doing well, but surely they are good prospects, no?

are either of them better than our current top 1-6 (assuming Nyquist wins this round, and Ferarro follows)?
won't surprise me to see McCollum at #7, and Larsson maybe a few slots behind. it's not that there's no love, it's just that there's less love than for other prospects atm (especially considering the seasons they're having...)

Harnessed in Slums 02-08-2010 11:08 PM

At some point I'm going to lose track of my picks. Stay tuned as it could be tonight.

1. Brendan Smith - DOMINATING his competition. DOMINATING I say!
2. Jan Mursak
3. Tomas Tatar
4. Kindl - Nyquist [the time space continuum gets a little fluxed when I miss one round and my picks are removed from the board, thankyouverymuch]
5. Chicken Parm Jr [otherwise known as young Landon Ferraro]

I suspect I will vote for Tomas McCollum at some point in the future but man has this Griffins season been a kick in the proverbial nuts. :rant:

Franzenstein 02-09-2010 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franzenstein (Post 23756511)
I went with Ritola. He looked alright in his stint w/ Detroit. Either give him a shot or ship him out. How much longer can he play in the AHL?

Add Nicastro or Coetzee. No big deal.

Never mind. I just saw Nicastro get burnt on ESPN top 10 plays. :facepalm:

Go w/ Coetzee.

ProPAIN 02-09-2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacK (Post 23767009)
are either of them better than our current top 1-6 (assuming Nyquist wins this round, and Ferarro follows)?
won't surprise me to see McCollum at #7, and Larsson maybe a few slots behind. it's not that there's no love, it's just that there's less love than for other prospects atm (especially considering the seasons they're having...)

Oh, I know that, but they aren't even getting mentioned or anything. I have noticed that these past few threads, but I guess a young talented forward has more to show than a goalie.

r0bert8841 02-09-2010 05:59 AM

Nyquist.

Add Pare, Kolosov, Pyett, Nicastro, or Coetzee

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franzenstein (Post 23756511)
I went with Ritola. He looked alright in his stint w/ Detroit. Either give him a shot or ship him out. How much longer can he play in the AHL?

Add Nicastro or Coetzee. No big deal.

I think Ritola is waiver eligible next year so he will most likely be on the Wings.

heyfolks 02-09-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0bert8841 (Post 23770245)
Nyquist.

Add Pare, Kolosov, Pyett, Nicastro, or Coetzee



I think Ritola is waiver eligible next year so he will most likely be on the Wings.

... or not. He will certainly get his shot, but I don't think the Wings need, or even should, carry a player for fear of losing them to the waiver he does not fit into the opening season plans. I do think he will earn a longer look, but I am not sold on this guy as an NHL level player. He has never played at a + in Grand Rapids and has never really had a break out year. His point totals were not bad last year and he is doing OK this season. I think more was expected of him as a shooter. I am on the fence with this guy. No way he can play on a checking/defensive line so the question becomes can he play on the 2nd or 3rd line. I question it, but he didwell in last year's camp and a good center makes all the difference in the world for a player such as him.

sarcastro 02-09-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPAIN (Post 23753748)
yeah, i like how nyquist is performing in the NCAA, he's getting some good points there and looks like a good talent.

funny how the goalies don't get any love around here. I know Larsson and McCollum aren't doing well, but surely they are good prospects, no?

I voted for McCollum again. He's barely 20 years old. I'm not willing to dump him just yet.

r0bert8841 02-09-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyfolks (Post 23776821)
... or not. He will certainly get his shot, but I don't think the Wings need, or even should, carry a player for fear of losing them to the waiver he does not fit into the opening season plans. I do think he will earn a longer look, but I am not sold on this guy as an NHL level player. He has never played at a + in Grand Rapids and has never really had a break out year. His point totals were not bad last year and he is doing OK this season. I think more was expected of him as a shooter. I am on the fence with this guy. No way he can play on a checking/defensive line so the question becomes can he play on the 2nd or 3rd line. I question it, but he didwell in last year's camp and a good center makes all the difference in the world for a player such as him.

Don't get me wrong I agree with everything you are say, but it seems like the Wings are pretty high on him and the Wings usually try hard not to lose players on waivers. I don't think he should be on the team but he will most likely be on a NHL team by next season. He didn't look out of place in his call up, he actually looked alot better than he does in GR. I did not expect Ritola to looked as good as he did, but I could say the same about Howard too. Who knows.

FabricDetails 02-09-2010 02:37 PM

Ritola can definitely play on a defensive line. I just hope that he has guys with him who aren't shy about dishing out physical contact.

r0bert8841 02-09-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FabricDetails (Post 23777657)
Ritola can definitely play on a defensive line. I just hope that he has guys with him who aren't shy about dishing out physical contact.

I was thinking about him playing next season with Hudler. I really hope Huds is stronger and faster because that could be huge! Or big Bert, or Abby!

Datsyuk-Zetts-Cleary
Franzen-Filp-Bert
Hudler-Abby-Ritola
Homer-Helm-Eaves/Miller

I can see Abby just break out on a line with 2 players makers like that. Hopefully he can regain his scoring touch in GR.

DetBigWangs 02-09-2010 02:43 PM

No doubt Mursak is doing well now, but should he really be top-5? He just screams of "what have you done for me lately?"


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.