HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings News: Richard Clune Recalled to the Kings / Brandon Segal Claimed by Dallas (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=737061)

RightKinger 02-10-2010 11:15 AM

Richard Clune Recalled to the Kings / Brandon Segal Claimed by Dallas

per McKenzie via Twitter

HeadInjury 02-10-2010 11:21 AM

Well, well, well. Something must be brewing.

Hopefully he clears. I'd like him to stay in the organization.

BigKing 02-10-2010 11:21 AM

Interesting. Pre-cursor to an bottom-6 addition?

AKAY47 02-10-2010 11:21 AM

I saw this and I don't really understand why? Was he not dressed for the Ducks-Kings game?

Boba Fettuccine 02-10-2010 11:21 AM

I know it's spelled differently, but every time I hear his name I think of the Engelbert Humperdinck song from Beavis and Butthead

Quote:

Over rocks and trees and sand
Soaring over cliffs
And gently floating down to land
She proudly lifts her voice
To sound her mating call
And soon her mate responds by singing
Caw Caw Caw
Come with me

Lesbian Seagull

Settle down and rest with me

Fly with me lesbian seagull

koncepts 02-10-2010 11:23 AM

ok what is going to happen .... i liked segal

HeadInjury 02-10-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKAY47 (Post 23797228)
I saw this and I don't really understand why? Was he not dressed for the Ducks-Kings game?

Presumably, we need a roster spot for an acquisition. I can't think of another explanation.

Buddy The Elf 02-10-2010 11:28 AM

So there is going to be a bottom 6 acquisition I assume? Otherwise, why would they put him on waivers for 2 games prior to the Olympics?

King RAZZ 02-10-2010 11:28 AM

Why couldn't it have been Jones???

AKAY47 02-10-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho (Post 23797370)
So there is going to be a bottom 6 acquisition I assume? Otherwise, why would they put him on waivers for 2 games prior to the Olympics?

Ray Whitney?

Johnny Utah 02-10-2010 11:34 AM

Whitney is not a bottom six forward.

Buddy The Elf 02-10-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKAY47 (Post 23797380)
Ray Whitney?

Yeah but if it was Ray Whitney, wouldn't you assume a guy like Moller or another offensive player would have been assigned to Manchester? Moller doesn't have to clear waivers. Why lose Segal on waivers for nothing when we really don't have anyone on the current roster to fill his role?

AKAY47 02-10-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho (Post 23797572)
Yeah but if it was Ray Whitney, wouldn't you assume a guy like Moller or another offensive player would have been assigned to Manchester? Moller doesn't have to clear waivers. Why lose Segal on waivers for nothing when we really don't have anyone on the current roster to fill his role?

ok so who can it be? not cheechoo, please not cheechoo

Omni Owl 02-10-2010 11:39 AM

Hopefully Clune gets the call.

KopitarFAN 02-10-2010 11:44 AM

If it does wind up being Whitney, waiving Segal could be just to clear a roster spot. Dumping the weak link among forwards(other than Ivanans).

HeadInjury 02-10-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo (Post 23797607)
Hopefully Clune gets the call.

That would be another explanation, but why not recall him at the same time?

Willard 02-10-2010 11:45 AM

Lombardi needs roster flexibility for a trade, I'm assuming.

It actually is a good sign, that Lombardi might manage to get a roster player who can immediately join the Kings in exchange for a pick and/or prospect, and would not have to give up a major contributor from the Kings roster in return.

Fat Elvis 02-10-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willard (Post 23797741)
Lombardi needs roster flexibility for a trade, I'm assuming.

It actually is a good sign, that Lombardi might manage to get a roster player who can immediately join the Kings in exchange for a pick and/or prospect, and would not have to give up a major contributor from the Kings roster in return.

This. Concur completely.

I liked Segal and thought he brought some positives, although he is a bit of a punching bag. Best of luck to him, because he should get picked up.

CTKingsFan 02-10-2010 11:53 AM

That's slightly surprising. Hopefully he clears they could use him down in Manchester, and i'd like to say in the Org.

Ziggy Stardust 02-10-2010 11:55 AM

Segal is one of those dime a dozen types like Scott Thomas, Marko Tuomainen, Jeff Giuliano, etc, etc. While his efforts are appreciated, the Kings need a fourth liner who can be more involved, like a Craig Adams or Matt Bradley.

Beauty, eh? 02-10-2010 11:56 AM

Eh, no big loss. Curious to see what's gonna happen.

Johnny Utah 02-10-2010 12:00 PM

Yeah the problem with Segal is he doesn't get too involved...He is stuck between a guy who is a goal scorer at the AHL level, but has the size to be a light heavyweight but is not a great fighter and doesn't do it often...

South Beach 02-10-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLudwig (Post 23797379)
Why couldn't it have been Jones???

What did Jones ever do to you that no matter who the thread is about, what it is about, or whether he has played in a game or not you still blame him for it or have to bring up something negative. When someone complains that much about a player then, IMO, their opinion is nothing but hatred oriented and leaves their ipinion invalid to true validity. It appears you just wait or look for any opportunity for a mistake or anything to happen to the team to assign blame on him.

Truth is, the rest of the defence make just as many mistakes, but a few like you feel the need to comment negatively on everything Jones does. It appears the more you complain, the more you hope to sway people to your way of thinking. Not cool, support your team.

BigKing 02-10-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by South Beach (Post 23798178)
What did Jones ever do to you that no matter who the thread is about, what it is about, or whether he has played in a game or not you still blame him for it or have to bring up something negative. When someone complains that much about a player then, IMO, their opinion is nothing but hatred oriented and leaves their ipinion invalid to true validity. It appears you just wait or look for any opportunity for a mistake or anything to happen to the team to assign blame on him.

Truth is, the rest of the defence make just as many mistakes, but a few like you feel the need to comment negatively on everything Jones does. It appears the more you complain, the more you hope to sway people to your way of thinking. Not cool, support your team.

He is supporting his team by wanting it to be the best it can be: Jones prohibits that from happening.

These guys are players on the hockey team we follow...not our children.

Dave33 02-10-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by South Beach (Post 23798178)

Randy, shouldn't you be practicing right now?