HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why I don't want Theodore to stay (medium length post) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=73713)

ChemiseBleuHonnete 04-24-2004 10:14 PM

Why I don't want Theodore to stay (medium length post)
 
I'm not the only one who wants Theodore out of the town, but for those who don't understand why, I'll tell you why. First of all, Jose is a good goalie but anyone being honest will tell you that he's not among the best one in the league. As Patrick Roy said this year, "let's the guy be good and consistant for a few years again before we label him a superstar". Jose didn't proved he was a great playoffs performer so far, nor a really consistant goalie in the regular season. He's sure got a few hot stretches this year and two years ago, but still those stretches were 10-15 games long and EVERY goalies has those kinds of stretches. It's not uncommun at all. Let's define what a superstar goaltender is. IMO, it's a goalie that makes the key saves, allow a minimal number of soft goal, keeps you in the game and makes the gamebreaking saves that will steals games on a regular basis. Guys like Brodeur, Luongo and a few others fall into that category. Theodore isn't by any means a superstar goalie yet he's paid like one. That's ONE of the reason I want him out of the town. Another reason is the media. They always protect him like Theo is their son. As you know, Guy Cloutier was very close to Theodore, and Bergeron, Rinfret, Houle, Pednault, Demers are all close friends to Cloutier. This is a huge problem. This is where the bias starts. All those people I mentioned said more than once live on TV that they were friend with Cloutier and also, I saw them very often with Theodore on the golf course. They are personal friends of Theodore! The point that really bothers me is that they always separate Theodore and the team. Like if it's two different things. The team won because of Theodore but Theodore is never the reason why we lost... It gets on my nerves so hard! Against the isles at the end of the season they said : "I can't beleive they let Theo alone when he's the reason they're doing the playoffs." What the **** is that! And did they said the opposite when we outplayed the bruins 4 games to 1 after 5 games? No, they didn't. The guy has the absolute right to do any kinds of mistakes without being pointed as the reason we lost. At 6+ million, the guy can take the blame for sure. Another reason why I don't want him to stay is, the one that breaks my heart to most. The medias want Theo to be so popular that they tried to destroy Saku's reputation. Saku's given us so much more than this Theodore punk! Let the guy alone, he's our best forward for god's sake! He's also the capitain, he's doing a very good job according to the players, he's awesome one the ice and he means a lot for a lot of fans. While Theodore is paid 6+ million, we have that goalie sitting on the bench. He has a good technique, he's calm, he's big and I saw him make a few really incredible saves when he had to. You know what, I'd rather go with the guy that will make the team feel more like a team,the guy who's solid and cost less for doing a similar job. You know him, and you know he can do one heck of a great job between the pipes.

Zednik 04-24-2004 10:16 PM

blah blah blah

and who do you put in net ?

TwineSniper 04-24-2004 10:26 PM

Same drivel we've heard from you for the better part of a year "ax2+bx+c", why repost it all? Some of us DO have a memory. We get it, You don't like Theodore, like it's a big secret. let's move on.

Go Habs Go 04-24-2004 10:57 PM

Medium length? ;)

Carl Spackler 04-24-2004 11:19 PM

Theodore is not perfect. We all realize this. He is, however, an elite goalie in the NHL. How many other goalies have won the Hart Trophy? We would be idiots of the highest order to get rid of Theo, only to go through a search over the next few years for somebody to replace him.

I like and have been impressed by garon but would you really feel comfortable giving him the reins after giving away Theo?

Honestly, how many goalies in the league would you take ahead of Theo right now, considering age, past performance, potential, etc?

I can think of Luongo, Brodeur.....after that who would be clearcut better? Turco-see playoffs, Belfour-too old, others-other problems.

The way I see it we have zero chance of getting Luongo or Broduer. If we got rid of Theo, however, we would have A VERY CONSIDERABLE possibility of having a gaoltending carousel here for the next few years.

I have had enough of reading crackpot theories suggesting that we get rid of our best player. Do other teams have fans that clamour for the head of their Hart Trophy winners in the middle of the sesonf round of the playoffs. Enough already!

One more thing: Using paragraphs makes it much easier for people to read. I would suggest it from now on

EaGLE1 04-24-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler
Theodore is not perfect. We all realize this. He is, however, an elite goalie in the NHL. How many other goalies have won the Hart Trophy? We would be idiots of the highest order to get rid of Theo, only to go through a search over the next few years for somebody to replace him.

I like and have been impressed by garon but would you really feel comfortable giving him the reins after giving away Theo?

Honestly, how many goalies in the league would you take ahead of Theo right now, considering age, past performance, potential, etc?

I can think of Luongo, Brodeur.....after that who would be clearcut better? Turco-see playoffs, Belfour-too old, others-other problems.

The way I see it we have zero chance of getting Luongo or Broduer. If we got rid of Theo, however, we would have A VERY CONSIDERABLE possibility of having a gaoltending carousel here for the next few years.

I have had enough of reading crackpot theories suggesting that we get rid of our best player. Do other teams have fans that clamour for the head of their Hart Trophy winners in the middle of the sesonf round of the playoffs. Enough already!

One more thing: Using paragraphs makes it much easier for people to read. I would suggest it from now on


Good point. Sometimes when we loss we have a tendency to blame Theo...but we have to remember that this guy is one of the best. Don't expect Patrick Roy and it will be alright.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 04-24-2004 11:26 PM

You all missed the point of the post... Thanks guys!

TwineSniper 04-24-2004 11:31 PM

I don't think I did, but I'll play along...


And what is the point?


(PS, kind of hard to find it in that giant sentence. How about a paragraph)

ChemiseBleuHonnete 04-24-2004 11:36 PM

The point is, Theodore is not that good for the team. Even Pierre Boivin got furious one time when he was told in a interview by the journalist that "it's only because Theodore is there that this team makes the playoffs". There's too much credit going to Jose and not enough to the team and honestly, Jose is severly overrated. Anyways, it's not my job to analize that.

Carl Spackler 04-24-2004 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
You all missed the point of the post... Thanks guys!

I don't think I missed the point of the post at all, although as I said earlier, it would be easier if the points were organized coherently into paragraphs.

You point is a highly speculative one based on suspect reasoning regarding the politics surrounding the team. Do you thin that Theo was the Quebecois player whose side the media took during Sakugate? Really?

And do you really think that the influence of the Quebecois media led to Theo's Hart Trophy. Do you really think the Hart is awarded for a couple of hot streaks?

Opinions like yours are hard to fathom. A year from now if Garon was the starter and had a couple bad games, I'm sure we would have to contend with you calling for his head.

Are Panthers fans calling for Luongo to be traded? Are Thrashers fans hoping that Kovalchuk is moved? Do the Flame supporters want to move Iginala?

Of course not, but we should think it is a good idea to trade our star? All of this based on some opinions about the media and how they love Theo. If that were the criteria, I guess the Oilers should have dealt Gretz back in the early 80's, or closer to home I guess Tremblay and Houle were correct in getting Roy out of here because of his status......

Carl Spackler 04-24-2004 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
The point is, Theodore is not that good for the team. Even Pierre Boivin got furious one time when he was told in a interview by the journalist that "it's only because Theodore is there that this team makes the playoffs". There's too much credit going to Jose and not enough to the team and honestly, Jose is severly overrated. Anyways, it's not my job to analize that.

Again, based on this reasoning then the Habs should have dealt Roy in 93, or maybe even in 86, cause he was getting a whole lot of credit those years.....

HABit 04-24-2004 11:41 PM

I don't dislike Theo, but IMO he is too inconsistent and to be deservant of his high salary. Actually, I would be comfortable with Garon as a starter. He has proven himself the times he was allowed to play, if he gets more ice time he will only improve. It is hard to be a backup goaltender sitting on the bench all the time and then suddenly get called to go on the ice.

I am not saying trade Theo right away. I think Garon should get more ice time and then make that desicion after next season.

Marchy79 04-24-2004 11:57 PM

I do like Theo a lot, he's a very good goaltender... I do see your point on Garon as well though. We have a surplus of goaltending in the minors.

I would never trade Theo unless one other can prove that they don't just do the same job, they would have to be flat out better. The biggest thing is that all these goaltenders best seasons are right in front of them all.. Theo, Garon, Danis, Michaud, even Damphousse are potential NHL goaltenders... With a few others who are toiling in European leagues (Lindberg, Halak, Puurula) who can find themselves crossing the pond someday.

As far as it goes, Theodore is the BEST goaltender in the system, and he's got one hell of a future in front of him. Last year's Theo was the blip on his career. The only thing that speculators look at... Because his resume is that of an elite goaltender, and for every Patrick Roy who can claim to check after a couple of years, and see if he's elite... IMO even his history as a player is impressive. He's cut out a very fine career up to date... He's still not in his prime (which for goaltenders is 30ish)...

Garon I like, but he does not bring the same presence as Theo... To me, he is still more beatable. Remember the Leaf game? He just could not handle the high pressure like Theo does. IMO he's still young, and can get that extra level, but until he shows it, IMO he's going to be #2 in Montreal. If he were to show that extra gear, he'd be very imposing,

ChemiseBleuHonnete 04-24-2004 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler
Again, based on this reasoning then the Habs should have dealt Roy in 93, or maybe even in 86, cause he was getting a whole lot of credit those years.....

at least that credit wasn't fake... And he was much much better than Jose and Roy was traded because he saw himself bigger than the team.

Raider917 04-25-2004 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABit
I don't dislike Theo, but IMO he is too inconsistent and to be deservant of his high salary. Actually, I would be comfortable with Garon as a starter. He has proven himself the times he was allowed to play, if he gets more ice time he will only improve. It is hard to be a backup goaltender sitting on the bench all the time and then suddenly get called to go on the ice.

I am not saying trade Theo right away. I think Garon should get more ice time and then make that desicion after next season.

it takes forever to get another to even theodores level. do you really want to get rid of him and go through that long procedure again? who out there is better. the roys, haseks, belfours, fuhrs, and even brodeurs are past there prime or retired. there are not a lot of goaltenders out there as young and as good as theodore. luongo would cost too many prospects.

If we get rid of theodore and get significantly better on offense and defense, wouldnt that makes us another ottawa? Garon might be good...heck, lets say he is...he will still take years to develop into even what theodore is now. in the meantime, theodore will have been traded to and winning cups in another town (a la Patrick Roy)

My posts are generally this long :D but i cant believe you really want to start this long or maybe lottery picking procedure of getting a good goaltender again.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 04-25-2004 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I do like Theo a lot, he's a very good goaltender... I do see your point on Garon as well though. We have a surplus of goaltending in the minors.

I would never trade Theo unless one other can prove that they don't just do the same job, they would have to be flat out better. The biggest thing is that all these goaltenders best seasons are right in front of them all.. Theo, Garon, Danis, Michaud, even Damphousse are potential NHL goaltenders... With a few others who are toiling in European leagues (Lindberg, Halak, Puurula) who can find themselves crossing the pond someday.

As far as it goes, Theodore is the BEST goaltender in the system, and he's got one hell of a future in front of him. Last year's Theo was the blip on his career. The only thing that speculators look at... Because his resume is that of an elite goaltender, and for every Patrick Roy who can claim to check after a couple of years, and see if he's elite... IMO even his history as a player is impressive. He's cut out a very fine career up to date... He's still not in his prime (which for goaltenders is 30ish)...

Garon I like, but he does not bring the same presence as Theo... To me, he is still more beatable. Remember the Leaf game? He just could not handle the high pressure like Theo does. IMO he's still young, and can get that extra level, but until he shows it, IMO he's going to be #2 in Montreal. If he were to show that extra gear, he'd be very imposing,

I hate that when people bring up those Garon's game... Do you know how many Theo's bad games I could bring up???

Rschmitz 04-25-2004 12:33 AM

Theo is all world, Garon has proved nothing yet, and Theo is only a few years older than him. I don't watch him on a regular basis, but from what I seen at the All-Star game, the few games I did see him play during the season, the series vs Boston, and his one game against the Lightning; the guy is simply a phenomenal talent. Khabibulin played like crap most of the season, and then he has 4 shutouts in 6 games. You can't expect Theodore to play excellent everynight, night in and night out.

Hes got to adjust to the game all on his own, the shooters, the angles, some shots are simply unstoppable. Lecavalier even said Theodore is top 3 in the league, and Im not going to dispute that. Any team that trades top 3 anything better get one hell of a package in return; factor in that the goalie is the most important position in all of sports...u get the picture.

RE-HABS 04-25-2004 12:38 AM

Like these BS threads couldn't have started until after the playoffs. Anyway I'm going to answer it and show ax2+bx+c how wrong he is in his post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [QUOTE=ax2+bx+c
I'm not the only one who wants Theodore out of the town, but for those who don't understand why, I'll tell you why. First of all, Jose is a good goalie but anyone being honest will tell you that he's not among the best one in the league. As Patrick Roy said this year, "let's the guy be good and consistant for a few years again before we label him a superstar". Jose didn't proved he was a great playoffs performer so far, nor a really consistant goalie in the regular season. He's sure got a few hot stretches this year and two years ago, but still those stretches were 10-15 games long and EVERY goalies has those kinds of stretches. It's not uncommun at all.

You answer some of your own questions in this part right here...

1. Patrick Roy saying he isn't a Super star yet is like Michael Jordon saying Kobe Bryant is better than Vince Carter, everyone is jealous of the "next one". Theo made all Hab fans and media forget about Roy...that hurts him a little, don't let it fool you. As good as Roy was he has an ego too. Talk to guys like Jeremy Roenick and even Martin Broduer and they will all tell you this kid is a star.

2. How can one prove they are a great playoff performer if it is only the 2nd time you are in the playoffs as the #1? So far as the #1 he has won 2 out of 3 rounds and is in the start of his 4 series...that is pretty good in my opinion and in most experts eyes too. This years team making the playoffs is just one of many years in a row of the team making it and Theo proving his worth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax2+bx+c
Guys like Brodeur, Luongo and a few others fall into that category. Theodore isn't by any means a superstar goalie yet he's paid like one. That's ONE of the reason I want him out of the town.

What has Luongo done? Has he made the playoffs yet? Has he won anything? And you say Theo is paid too much...Luongo doesn't even want to honour the final year of his contract because he wants to be the highest paid goalie in the league at over 8 million per, Broduer doesn't even make that money. Can anyone say Giguere!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax2+bx+c
Another reason is the media. They always protect him like Theo is their son.

Protect him? Hello!!! They are all over the family problems with the loan sharking, his fiance's fathers problems and his photos with the Hells Angels...is that protecting him, no. Do want him to be bashed in the media by the press like Koivu has or others? I'm glad if they give him special treatment then, it is about time because in this town your under a constant microscope and are made the centre of attention at all times. Good for Theo if he is liked by the media.

Look at other NHL cities, a lot of the media personalities are close friends with some players, it isn't just Montreal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax2+bx+c
The medias want Theo to be so popular that they tried to destroy Saku's reputation. Saku's given us so much more than this Theodore punk! Let the guy alone, he's our best forward for god's sake! He's also the capitain, he's doing a very good job according to the players, he's awesome one the ice and he means a lot for a lot of fans.

I don't agree how the French media handled Saku, but once again you are wrong. This whole issue was with Riberio and Saku after their on ice fight, nothing to do with Theo at all.:shakehead

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax2+bx+c
While Theodore is paid 6+ million, we have that goalie sitting on the bench. He has a good technique, he's calm, he's big and I saw him make a few really incredible saves when he had to. You know what, I'd rather go with the guy that will make the team feel more like a team,the guy who's solid and cost less for doing a similar job. You know him, and you know he can do one heck of a great job between the pipes.

First off it is 5.5 million.

Secondly Garon should be the starter now? He is a good goalie, but talk about haven't proven your ability in the Playoffs let alone being a #1 in this league.

Third off, what makes you think Theo doesn't make this team feel like a team? Last round every player on that team praised him for his play and said he stepped up and gave them the chance to win!

You really should give your head a shake and should quit embarassing yourself with your lack of knowledge of not only hockey but of your so called "Favorite Team".

Marchy79 04-25-2004 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
I hate that when people bring up those Garon's game... Do you know how many Theo's bad games I could bring up???

Yeah, of course Theo's going to have some bad games... But look what he did those last 3 games in Boston... He was awesome in the second half of that series.
He had that second level that he reached to when he had to. That last game, he absolutely robbed from the beantown bears. Boston's oppurtunities were absolutely powerful for 2/3's of that game, And to be direct, Theo just shut them down.

As for Garon, one can argue that he hasn't gotten the oppurtunity to prove he's capable... But he also does not come in with the resume Theo has. Theo has bee a winner on international terms, he's a 2 time all star, Hart Trophy Vezina winner, all before his best years hit him. IMO he's got the proof right on his player achievements, the entire league respects what Theo can do... JR hates playing against Jose, Sundin has said he's one of the best... I gotta go with them being right.

In order for Garon to get the #1, he can't just match Theo in a limited amount of games, but he's got to over do Theo by a noticeable margin... I honestly have yet to see Garon do this. He's played some great games as well (against Detroit, and LA this year)... But he leaves me on the edge of my seat with his positioning... Some times, he's so far out of the play it's absolutely shocking... Theo's got the poise to beat one of the hottest goaltenders of the year in 7, against a team that is more talented, Yes he got help, but he was just as responsible for the upset against Boston, esp. when our boys backs were against the fire, he just seemed to get more focused.

RE-HABS 04-25-2004 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax2+bx+c
I hate that when people bring up those Garon's game... Do you know how many Theo's bad games I could bring up???

Anyone one could do that!

Theo has played WAAAAAAYYYYY more NHL games so he is going to have more bad games than Garon has played, but on that note Theo has had that many more GOOD games too.

Why are people still beating this dead horse and why at this time of year?

We just won a series coming from behind 1-3 to win 4-3 and are down 1 game in a 7 game series...what does it take to please some of you ass's around here.

It is crap like this that makes one want to leave these boards, especially when it repeatative drivel like this and it hurts the unity of the Habs fans.

Jeffrey 04-25-2004 01:25 AM

Moi aussi jai quelques problèmes avec les média québécois, je trouve que les médias québécois deviennent trop facilement ami avec les joueurs québécois(je nai pas de problèmes avec cela) par contre cette amitié amène ces mêmes média à protégés ces joueurs. Je vais vous donner des exemples: Yannic Perreault, tous les médias disent qu'il est un bon gars qu'il est traité injustement par CJ,etc.. par contre yannic perreault n'est pas le seul bon gars à ne pas jouer à tout les matchs même s'ils travaillent fort! (Dackell,Langdon) en plus de cela, je n'entend jamais des commentaires négatif sur son apport physique et son jeu défensif.
Yannic est pour moi un des moins protégé par les média des joueurs québécois et par conséquent un des joueurs que je respecte beaucoup malgrès ses quelques lacunes.
autre joueur que l'on ne critique pas asser: Pierre Dagenais, je me rapelle quand dagenais a marqué 2 buts contre les sabres, tout les médias ont commencé à dire que dagenais avais gagné sont poste pour les séries. Par contre Dagenais n'est pas du tout un bon joueur(il a beaucoup trop de faiblesses) et ils ne se donne pas à 100%, la seule chose qu'il le permet de rester dans l'alignement c'est son opportuniste! Ces buts ne sont jamais de beaux buts, ce sont toujours des tirs sans angles(ou presque) qui réussisent à se frayer un chemin dans le but. Par contre malgès toute ses faiblesses et ses erreurs, je nai jamais entendu de commentaire négatif à son sujet !!
bon la jarrive aux 2 plus pire enfant pourrit du canadien, je trouve que ces deux joueurs sont très talentueux mais beaucoup trop sur-protégé !!
Il s'agit de José Théodore et Mike Ribeiro, José theodore est un bon gardien c'est certain! par contre il est trop inconsistent et gagne beaucoup trop chère pour ce qui fournit de plus que Garon c'est à dire de l'expérience!!! Garon(tout le monde le sait) est un gardien qui n'a pas reçu de chances de se prouver et a chaque fois qu'on lui a demander de nous montrer ce qu'il est capable de faire ils a répondut par une bonne performance! Mais pourquoi je dis que Theo est protéger, parce qu'on dit toujours que sans théo on n'est pas la même équipe, c'est faux! par contre la différence entre garon et théo c'est marketing, Théo vend beaucoup ! par contre coté Hockey, garon = théo !!
et maintenant le Dieu des joueurs sur-protégé et surévaluer par les médias ET certains fans , Mike Ribeiro !!!
Ribeiro est peux-être le joueurs avec la meilleur vision sur la patinoire, il est capable de ralentir le jeu pour préparer un jeu ! par contre Ribeiro à beaucoup trop de faiblesse à son jeu, par contre javoue qu'il a travaillé quand même cette été pour devenir le joueur qu'il est ! par contre(malgrès sa production) il n'est pas un #2 center pour une équipe qui veux aspirer à la coupe stanley, il me fait penser un peu a spezza(beaucoup de talent,coup de patin moyen,joue pas assez physique,pas assez actif défensivement,cause beaucoup de revirement,problème le long des bandes et ça continue...) et regarder Spezza avec les sénateurs, ils se fait dumper de l'alignement(malgrès tout son talent) par Antoine Vermette parce qu'il a trop de faiblesse à son jeu!! et maintenant je vais expliquer pourquoi je veux qu'il soit échangé : Bon, je trouve que le climat a montréal est trop favorable pour lui, il ne sent pas de pression maintenant qu'il a eu UNE bonne saison de 65pts... Il se fait protéger par tout les médias innimaginable! aussi, je trouve qu'on la trop monter facilement au niveau de star! on a même OSER!!! huer saku koivu pour lui !!!je trouve cela honteux!! je suis un grand fan des CH depuis que jai 7ans et jai pleurer quand jai entendue les huer des gens au centre bell!! pourquoi avons nous huer koivu??.. pour RIBEIRO !! comment ils nous remercie? en laissant tomber son équipe en série!! je m'y attendais, ils voit tout le monde autour de lui le vénérer, il se développe un égo!! si les médias serais plus strict envers lui je peux vous dire qu'il serais encore meilleur!! De plus, cet argument peux vous sembler poche... mais il n'est pas asser gros et il na pas asser de hargne(comme koivu) pour pouvoir amener son équipe loin en série! Je pense que de plus que nous avons beaucoup de joueurs qui peuvent remplacer ribeiro dans le système(plekanec,higgins,locke,gratton,urquart,lap ierre)! Finalement, la valeur de ribeiro est plus forte que jamais!

voilà pourquoi je serais très ouvert pour un échange(pour améliorer l'équipe) concernant Théodore(qui a une valeur marchande énorme et qui peux se faire remplacer par Garon!) et Ribeiro(qui est trop protégé et qui peux se faire remplacer, de plus sa valeur marchande est excellente!)

en tk, je sais que le fan québécois typique ne sera pas d'accord avec moi! parce que Ribeiro = god :shakehead ! :banghead: :cry:

Catala 04-25-2004 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler
Theodore is not perfect. We all realize this. He is, however, an elite goalie in the NHL. How many other goalies have won the Hart Trophy? We would be idiots of the highest order to get rid of Theo, only to go through a search over the next few years for somebody to replace him.

I like and have been impressed by garon but would you really feel comfortable giving him the reins after giving away Theo?

Honestly, how many goalies in the league would you take ahead of Theo right now, considering age, past performance, potential, etc?

I can think of Luongo, Brodeur.....after that who would be clearcut better? Turco-see playoffs, Belfour-too old, others-other problems.

The way I see it we have zero chance of getting Luongo or Broduer. If we got rid of Theo, however, we would have A VERY CONSIDERABLE possibility of having a gaoltending carousel here for the next few years.

I have had enough of reading crackpot theories suggesting that we get rid of our best player. Do other teams have fans that clamour for the head of their Hart Trophy winners in the middle of the sesonf round of the playoffs. Enough already!

One more thing: Using paragraphs makes it much easier for people to read. I would suggest it from now on

Right on. That is exactly what i think when talking about Theo and the paragraphs.

We get rid of Theo and get what in the pipes? wait for a goaly to be better than him? it's a great gamble as i think theo is at worst in the top 10 of the league all things concidered.

oh, and what about the medias? don't listen to them, that's all.

leafaholix* 04-25-2004 01:41 AM

There are only 3 or 4 goalies in the league that are better then Theodore... it's like that expression, "you don't know what you have until it's gone".

KOMO_ROCKS 04-25-2004 01:43 AM

Theodore is a top 5 goalie in my mind in this league, only 27 and will only get better in time

mcphee 04-25-2004 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
There are only 3 or 4 goalies in the league that are better then Theodore... it's like that expression, "you don't know what you have until it's gone".

I've seen it all now, a Leaf fan quoting Joni Mitchell. Getting back to the topic, the reasons you list for wanting to dump Theo are mainly external ones. The media attn. bothers you. The fact that he gets credit for wins and no blame for losses bothers you. What does what bothers you have to do with stopping the puck ? Theo and his agent took advantage of a great season and playoff to sign a contract that was possibly a little early in his career. They were well positioned, they knew, the org. knew it. That's business. To think that the team plays at a lesser capacity because they are unhappy with Theo's publicity, would make them pretty childish. Is Koivu going to give less than his customary effort ? Are Begin and Ward going to give up the chance at NHL rather than AHL salaries because they feel the Quebec media is skewed ? Some players will hint at petty jealousies to whatever beat reporters they may be close to, but who cares ? Is Theo a goalie who can change a games' outcome ? Yes, and there aren't that many around who can. If the team is fortunate enough to have one who speaks the same language as the paying public, even better. If all this annoys you, well, it's about W's, not you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.