HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I wish Boston beat us (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=73747)

Chehabi 04-25-2004 04:59 AM

I wish Boston beat us

We would have ended on such a good note. Now, I see us getting swept by Tampa in 4.

Grapes 04-25-2004 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chehabi
I wish Boston beat us

:lol: i couldn't agree more :p:

But common now, you have lost only one game so far,.. as i recall you guys were down 1 game at the start of the series against the B's too,.. heck,.. you were down 3 to 1 and still send us home.

...i surely doubt this will be a sweep (but 'cus i hate this avatar, i do wish for it ;) )

s7ark 04-25-2004 05:15 AM

Quote:

We would have ended on such a good note. Now, I see us getting swept by Tampa in 4.

WTF, mate? First round loss in 7 seems better than making the second round (by beating your arch rivals), and eventually being eliminated by the top-seeded team? I call shananigans. It's always better to beat the Leafs or Bruins regardless of how the next round goes, sweep or not (unless it involves losing to the Bruins or the Leafs). There's my most homer post for the evening... er... I guess morning.

Tuggy 04-25-2004 06:44 AM

Quote:

Even if we do get swept, I will still be very proud of what this team did this season. Plus its more money to the team, but I don't think they the Habs will get swept. I stilll believe they can win this series. A win in Game 2 will change your mind.

jacklours 04-25-2004 07:30 AM

SO you`d rather have the Bruins beat us the 5th game and remember how horribly Montreal played instead of being beaten in the 2nd round. Some people are ****ing Dumb (not saying any name)

Chehabi 04-25-2004 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours
SO you`d rather have the Bruins beat us the 5th game and remember how horribly Montreal played instead of being beaten in the 2nd round. Some people are ****ing Dumb (not saying any name)

No, beaten late in period 3 of game 7.

HABit 04-25-2004 07:46 AM

You are now officially stripped of your right to be a Hab fan. :shakehead

mcphee 04-25-2004 08:06 AM

I've watched games with people that go on and on about how the other team is better and how their team will lose. The old, if we lose, I'm right, if we win,I'm happy trick. I think Canada should institute a corporal punishment policy for this type of fan. Civil servants cruising the sports bars of the nation with phone books and Louisville sluggers, I can see it now.

Tuggy 04-25-2004 08:19 AM

The idea behind this thread is as stupid as the one..."I hope the Habs don't win the cup so we get a better draft position". How some people can say they are fans... :help:

furax 04-25-2004 08:25 AM

damn i hate those theards! :banghead:

Bud The Spud* 04-25-2004 08:48 AM

This has to be one of the worst threads EVER !:help: I think the Habs will win the next one. I highly doubt there will be a sweep. I still believe they can win this series.

loudi94 04-25-2004 08:56 AM

They should have never made the playoffs, that way they couldn't get eliminated in the playoffs at all. That's as good as a cup right? :dunno: ;)

JOHNNY V 04-25-2004 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
I've watched games with people that go on and on about how the other team is better and how their team will lose. The old, if we lose, I'm right, if we win,I'm happy trick. I think Canada should institute a corporal punishment policy for this type of fan. Civil servants cruising the sports bars of the nation with phone books and Louisville sluggers, I can see it now.

Off with their MULLETS, Barry Melrose.. :lol:

English Hab 04-25-2004 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
The idea behind this thread is as stupid as the one..."I hope the Habs don't win the cup so we get a better draft position". How some people can say they are fans... :help:

Please don't bring that thread up again.. I'm just getting over the dents in my computer screen....... Now i've got to read this one... Do you know what i've got a really great idea... Why don't we send the Franchise to Orlando.... now thats a good idea!!!!!

Brisson11 04-25-2004 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by English Hab
Please don't bring that thread up again.. I'm just getting over the dents in my computer screen....... Now i've got to read this one... Do you know what i've got a really great idea... Why don't we send the Franchise to Orlando.... now thats a good idea!!!!!

Do we get free air fare for games?? :D

felixd 04-25-2004 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud The Spud
This has to be one of the worst threads EVER !:help: I think the Habs will win the next one. I highly doubt there will be a sweep. I still believe they can win this series.

Rock On :yo: Habs in 6 I still believe :) GO HABS GO!!!!!!

Howie Morenz 04-25-2004 10:32 AM

Quote:

:shakehead

jcpenny 04-25-2004 10:51 AM

We have some of the worst fans on HFBOARDS. I've never so many people lose faith after one game. And even if we were outplayed, so what! It's our team and we should stand behind them no matter what. :teach:

Bud The Spud* 04-25-2004 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
We have some of the worst fans on HFBOARDS. I've never so many people lose faith after one game. And even if we were outplayed, so what! It's our team and we should stand behind them no matter what. :teach:

Hopefully that's just here on the boards and not fans of the Habs everywhere because if that is the case, we have the worst fans in the league.

Histrion 04-25-2004 11:03 AM

On the number of fans we have, odds are that we will have a couple of very bad fans. That's not too hard to figure out, me thinks. Look at the teams that have the most fans, like the Leafs, they have some very idiotic fans in the bunch but that's to be expected.

This topic, however, is useless. We aren't in need for bad vibes like that.

RE-HABS 04-25-2004 11:10 AM

Quote:

I got a cure that ails you...cheer for another team and don't comeback.

All this so-called Hab fans wanting us to lose and wanting to Trade Theo and Ribs should all look at the other 29 teams and start cheering for one of those.

True fans don't wish for such things, it is true Habs fans are fickle and don't stand by their team like the other teams do. :banghead:

To bad there wasn't more genuine fans to the Habs like some of the other devoted people we do have here...a select group indeed.
:mad:

mcphee 04-25-2004 11:23 AM

I tellya re-hab, phone books and bats.

RE-HABS 04-25-2004 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
I tellya re-hab, phone books and bats.

Shall we get started on some these non believers then? :dunno:

Just give me the green light mcphee and I'm there beside you anytime! ;)

Chehabi 04-25-2004 11:45 AM

I'm sorry if you guys took it the wrong way, but what I said was well-intentioned. I just want us going into the summer feeling good about our team. If Boston had scored late in that 3rd period (when it was 0-0 before Zednick scored) of game 7, I think we all would have felt really good about our young team for rallying from 3-1. Now, we are playing Tampa and, in all honesty I'm sure you would all agree that we don't stand a chance and we are going to go out feeling miserable about this team.

Carl Spackler 04-25-2004 11:47 AM

Quote:

What a pathetic, defeatist post. That sounds akin to hoping that we missed the playoffs but won the last three games of the season so we could "end on a winning note".

You should be a Leafs fan with that attitude. They are the ones that take pride in losing on a good note...