HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why Talk of Trading our "Blue-Chippers?" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=73794)

GoldenForum 04-25-2004 01:01 PM

Why Talk of Trading our "Blue-Chippers?"

I just don't get those suggesting trading really solid prospects like Perez, Plek, Hainsey, Hossa, not to mention Higgins and Kats (let alone two of them) for guys like Daze (power forwards have a limited shelf life taking the pounding that they do). Of course, none of our prospects has proven NHL ready yet, but they have shown solid progress with the exception perhaps of Hossa. Don't be surprised if it takes another 2, even 3 years for them to be NHL ready. For too many years, we gave up on good young players (or never developed them properly to begin with): remember, Sean Hill, Darcy Tucker, Turner Stevenson, Scott Thornton, etc used to be Habs and we just grew impatient. How nice would a few of those hell-raisers look in our line-up now?

Today we'll find out if the Habs are primed to make this a series versus the Bolts or on the road to getting banged out in 4. I think it can go either way. We should never be satisifed just to make it to the second round...bottom line is this year shows we have the foundation to compete and we will only get stronger (and not have to dish out ridiculous millions) by letting the likes of Gainey, Julien, Jarvis develop our youngsters. Speaking not as a bias Habs fan, we do have the potential to become a serious contender, even powerhouse for a decade (that does not mean winning the cup every year, but it means competing for it like the Wings, Avs, Devils, Leafs, Flyers have over the past number of years).

Last thing and then I'll just pipe down: one thing not mentioned here is that there is the bonus in having our prospects and NHL youngsters play and develop together in Hamilton and with the Habs for a number of years. That's one great way to create that elusive thing called chemistry that always seems to be the first adjective mentioned by those hoisting the Cup.

Team_Spirit 04-25-2004 02:28 PM

I Dunno usually we see that kind of post before the deadline or in off-season ... kinda surprising is you ask me :shakehead

Traitor8 04-25-2004 02:34 PM

Agree,

the only time I would trade them is at teh draft 2004...see if I can move up and get Olesz or maybe even Ovechkin?

Tough but 1st,Hossa,Plekanec,Hainsey could interest a lot of teams.

EaGLE1 04-25-2004 03:01 PM

I don't think we can still consider Hainsey/Hossa as blue-chips!

CH Wizard 04-25-2004 08:52 PM

if I was Bob Gainey i will trade Hossa in the draft because I saw him play and he is not a very good player like his brother and his value is big now why don't trade him

BYE HOSSA !!! WELCOME BARKER :D or Ovechkin :D

markov` 04-25-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreatone
WELCOME BARKER :D

Yup. Barker is my main man. More than Ovechkin.

I mean - what's better? A franchise defenseman or a franchise forward? I prefer the defenseman, considering the depth of our offensive pool of prospects.

Plus, he would be cheaper than Ovechkin, Olesz or Malkin. If Gainey makes sure Barker won't go in the top 3, we could trade, say, our 1st pick, Ron Hainsey and a guy like Dackell for Cameron Barker.

CH Wizard 04-25-2004 10:18 PM

no not our 1st pick maybe 3rd pick Ron Hainsey,Hossa,Dackell for Barker

I think that Barker is the next Pronger

Mooch 04-25-2004 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markov`
Yup. Barker is my main man. More than Ovechkin.

I mean - what's better? A franchise defenseman or a franchise forward? I prefer the defenseman, considering the depth of our offensive pool of prospects.

Plus, he would be cheaper than Ovechkin, Olesz or Malkin. If Gainey makes sure Barker won't go in the top 3, we could trade, say, our 1st pick, Ron Hainsey and a guy like Dackell for Cameron Barker.

Dackel, no way. Hes too damn good. He keeps the benches warm during intermissions in the dressing room.