HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Steve Valiquette on re-entry waivers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=738531)

Dredden 02-13-2010 11:25 AM

Steve Valiquette on re-entry waivers

NYR put Steve Valiquette on re-entry waivers Per Bob McKenzie

http://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie

Riche16 02-13-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SI Ranger (Post 23882573)

Why? I thought he was done. He's been horrible since being sent down no?

Carl Hagelins Flow 02-13-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SI Ranger (Post 23882573)

Interesting. This was quite unexpected --

I wonder if this is part of an upcoming deal with a club (obviously post Olympics?)

Or maybe Sather/Torts rolling the dice on getting him to backup Lundqvist again?

Carlos Ranger 02-13-2010 11:38 AM

Odd move.. maybe it's just for Vally's sake to give him another chance to play in the NHL and someone said they would take him. With Brashear coming off for this season, Vally's cap hit would be minimal even if lost on re-entry at this point.

Vitto79 02-13-2010 11:39 AM

huh well if he is claimed its not like its alot on the cap given the salary and he is a UFA.......I am fine with Vally backing up for the rest of the year. Atleast Johnson can develop properly

Can they please waive Voros after the game already. I imagine he has no trade value and it will clear some cash

QUESTION- can a player be traded(Vally, Brashear) when is in the minors or does he have to clear re-entry first?.............just saying Vally would be an option as a throw in if they were dealing for a backup G............I know he could be claimed on waivers now but maybe a team would want the Rangers to take back a G first before they want him on their roster...................never know....not sure of the rule

ThirdEye 02-13-2010 11:44 AM

Finally, we will have a real goalie with a glove again.

Back From Cally 02-13-2010 11:46 AM

did zaba get sent back down? maybe the rangers are just making this move to give both him and johnson some playing time while the Olympic break is going on

haohmaru 02-13-2010 11:49 AM

If he clears, he would be less of a cap hit than either Johnson or Zaba. I like Valiquette, but I don't want him as the backup around here anymore. I hope he gets claimed.

beastly115 02-13-2010 11:55 AM

What the **** is going on?

Lot's of pointless transactions going on.

Sather in panic mode?

9darter 02-13-2010 12:00 PM

Without sending down Zaba?
Must be trading Lundqvist then... :sarcasm:

1940rip 02-13-2010 12:04 PM

Zaba and Ochocinco must be feeling rather ping-pong ballish this year. Those guys have been back and forth so many times it's ridiculous.:shakehead

haohmaru 02-13-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1940rip (Post 23883207)
Zaba and Ochocinco must be feeling rather ping-pong ballish this year. Those guys have been back and forth so many times it's ridiculous.:shakehead

They're just happy to be on the NYR bench instead of the 'Pack. Believe it.

RangerBoy 02-13-2010 12:08 PM

Relax people:amazed:

Quote:

Rangers need to have 2 goalies on roster. Zaba will go down during break RT @TSNBobMcKenzie NYR put Steve Valiquette on re-entry waivers.
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/status/9064492420

Osminator 02-13-2010 12:44 PM

If the Rangers get lucky, someone claims Valley and this issue is closed once and forever...

Fitzy 02-13-2010 12:53 PM

If someone claims Valley we're on tap for 300k and we're down to 3 signed goalies (I believe Wiikman doesnt have an nhl contract)

Kovalev27 02-13-2010 12:55 PM

Why would anyone claim a guy that is barely capable of playing goal at the ahl level especially with a break? Everyone got 2 better goalies than valiquette on their rosters right now. No one will claim him

Osminator 02-13-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy (Post 23884054)
If someone claims Valley we're on tap for 300k and we're down to 3 signed goalies (I believe Wiikman doesnt have an nhl contract)

Yes fitzy, but he is a UFA after this year and this season is only another 20 or so odd games left, so technically 1/5th of 300K... not that the backup role will matter much in the final 20 or so games as they need to play Lundqvist if they believe they're "still in it"...

I wouldn't worry about being down to 3 goalies, only Henrik can save this year, whoever sits on the bench doesn't matter... As far as Hartford goes, they will probably miss the playoffs for the first time ever, Zaba is brutal, Johnson gets no help and Wiikmaan hasn't played in months..

NYRSchrute217 02-13-2010 01:22 PM

I'd assume this is because Zaba is going to play during the Olympic break..

Dagoon44 02-13-2010 01:28 PM

You need to keep a full roster. With Zaba going to hartford to play during the olympics Steve will fill the second goalie role on paper only. If claimed then so what. I think he isn't 100% yet either because of his finger.

Vitto79 02-13-2010 01:58 PM

I imagine he will be healed once the two week Olympics are up

Also is there not a limit on age in Hartford?.............maybe with Brash down Vally has to come up?..........hope I'm wrong cause I would like Voros down on waivers next

Richter35 02-13-2010 01:59 PM

anyone think gilroy gets sent down during break to get some confidence? MDZ definately takes the break off to recover, I'm still debating whether or not Gilroy, who hasn't played a full schedule like this before, needs the time off to just rest or could use the games at a lower level. Another upside of assigning gilroy for 2 weeks is we actually gain some capspace during that time.

ThirdEye 02-13-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richter35 (Post 23885191)
anyone think gilroy gets sent down during break to get some confidence? MDZ definately takes the break off to recover, I'm still debating whether or not Gilroy, who hasn't played a full schedule like this before, needs the time off to just rest or could use the games at a lower level. Another upside of assigning gilroy for 2 weeks is we actually gain some capspace during that time.

I think it's been mentioned that he can't be sent down because he didn't miss 5 of his last 20 games or something like that (squishy)

RangerFan10 02-13-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haohmaru (Post 23882981)
If he clears, he would be less of a cap hit than either Johnson or Zaba. .

That's not true. If he clears his cap hit's still the same as it was before.

RangerFan10 02-13-2010 02:15 PM

Simply a move to send Zaba and Johnson down to Hartford to get some playing time. If he clears re-entry, which I think he will, I don't see him not clearing regular waivers again to get sent back down to Hartford once the break is over.

GWOW 02-13-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaqup (Post 23883061)
What the **** is going on?

Lot's of pointless transactions going on.

Sather in panic mode?

Doesnt Sather usually clean up the trash and tie up loose ends as a prelude to a roster overhaul? He seems to do it every February/March