HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Please bench Souray! (MERGED X2) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=73856)

kobe 04-25-2004 04:58 PM

Please bench Souray!
 
I can't stand this guy no more. I don't know what this guy is thinking, but he's playing atrocious hockey. It's unbelievable how dangerous he's with the puck. Not reliable at all. As if he's doing it on purpose because no one can play this bad ( Tampa's third goal at the end of the 2nd period, he turned it over yet again!)

Julien, bench this guy. He's horrible.

Brisson11 04-25-2004 05:25 PM

I dislike his play right now too :cry:

Team_Spirit 04-25-2004 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobe
I can't stand this guy no more. I don't know what this guy is thinking, but he's playing atrocious hockey. It's unbelievable how dangerous he's with the puck. Not reliable at all. As if he's doing it on purpose because no one can play this bad ( Tampa's third goal at the end of the 2nd period, he turned it over yet again!)

Julien, bench this guy. He's horrible.

The loss is signed Sheldon Souray , he also took a stupid penalty while it was already 5on4 for Tampa . And they scored .

Not The One 04-25-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
The loss is signed Sheldon Souray , he also took a stupid penalty while it was already 5on4 for Tampa . And they scored .

I was at all the games in montréal versus Boston, and he was atrocious then. Kept giving the puck directly to Bruins players. People were bashing Brisebois for less last year.

loudi94 04-25-2004 05:42 PM

I'd like to see one of the Gazette writers call him out for this (and other) performance. There has to be something wrong with him because he's absolutely not into it. Is there a personal matter we don't know about? What's going on?

Vicious 04-25-2004 05:42 PM

He really was atrocious today.

sonnytheman 04-25-2004 05:42 PM

Really, the only defencemen that don't make my heart jump when they have the puck are:

Komisarek
Rivet
Markov



We really need an upgrade in this area. Beauchemin anyone? :)

jacklours 04-25-2004 05:43 PM

I would really like to know what the **** is with the guy's head. He's just doing stuid plays over supid. I really don't get. How many times did you guys say the same thing as I did: What the **** is Souray doing?

KOMO_ROCKS 04-25-2004 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours
I would really like to know what the **** is with the guy's head. He's just doing stuid plays over supid. I really don't get. How many times did you guys say the same thing as I did: What the **** is Souray doing?

Yeah, I think its more mentally than anything else.....he sure is fighting the puck

komisakick ass 04-25-2004 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours
I would really like to know what the **** is with the guy's head. He's just doing stuid plays over supid. I really don't get. How many times did you guys say the same thing as I did: What the **** is Souray doing?

I say what the **** is Julien doing to put him on the PP
Komi have a hard shot to

NHLcrazy 04-25-2004 05:51 PM

--S.Souray 24:40 mins--
C.Rivet 23:41 mins
A.Markov 21:22 mins
P.Brisebois 19:04 mins
M.Komisarek 16:25 mins
F.Bouillon 14:26 mins

I Just don't get it!

And it's not the first time!!(during the bruins serie)

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=71153

Guy LaFleur 04-25-2004 05:52 PM

I've been saying he's nothing more than mediocre all season. I'm surprised more people didn't agree at the time. Sure, it's nice to see him get fifteen goals, but he won't be doing that again. He's mediocre defensively and the only thing he has going offensively is his hard shot. Being that he's prone to injuries makes him see even less appealing to me.

I just want to see Montreal trade him while his stock is moderately high. Maybe we can get someone that's not mediocre.

TwineSniper 04-25-2004 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobe
I can't stand this guy no more. I don't know what this guy is thinking, but he's playing atrocious hockey. It's unbelievable how dangerous he's with the puck. Not reliable at all. As if he's doing it on purpose because no one can play this bad ( Tampa's third goal at the end of the 2nd period, he turned it over yet again!)

Julien, bench this guy. He's horrible.


Nobody's debating with you that he did not play his best game.

But if anybody deserves a wake up call, it's Andrei Markov. Let me count the ways:

1) Weak passes that almost never found there way through.
2) Weak clears that were almost always turned over
3) Weak shoot ins, especially on the PP, that were almost always handled by Khabibulin, one of the worst puckhandling goalies in the league, leading to a clear.
4) Weak checking on players on our end, ex. Modin's goal.
5) Easily knocked off the puck, St. Louis turned him aside easily at least twice.
etc.......

Now for these things, I am not gonna say he didn't have his good moments, our only goal for example. But right now, his negatives far outweigh his positives.

kobe 04-25-2004 06:00 PM

I can't in the life of me understand why Julien keeps playing him on the power play! Put Markov, Bouillon, Komi, whoever! But keep this guy off the ice! He just blows big time!

KOMO_ROCKS 04-25-2004 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy LaFleur
I've been saying he's nothing more than mediocre all season. I'm surprised more people didn't agree at the time. Sure, it's nice to see him get fifteen goals, but he won't be doing that again. He's mediocre defensively and the only thing he has going offensively is his hard shot. Being that he's prone to injuries makes him see even less appealing to me.

I just want to see Montreal trade him while his stock is moderately high. Maybe we can get someone that's not mediocre.

And who exactly do you have in mind to get back in return? Sure Souray is fighting the puck, but he still is a top 4 d-man on this team

Belarus Rocket 04-25-2004 06:08 PM

As much as I dislike Is play right now,I don't see the point of benching him...who are you gonna make play at Is place...Quintal,Dykhuis,well I still prefered Souray

s7ark 04-25-2004 06:09 PM

As horribly as he has been playing (I'm incredibly disappointed), it's still true that you should win or lose the playoffs with your best players on the ice, and sort the rest out in the off-season if need be. I hope he partially redeems himself before the end of this series.

KOMO_ROCKS 04-25-2004 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future=Hossa
As much as I dislike Is play right now,I don't see the point of benching him...who are you gonna make play at Is place...Quintal,Dykhuis,well I still prefered Souray

I agree, we cannot bench Souray right now......we are in the second round and with a win in game 3 we are back in this series. The habs have exceeded my expectations from the beginning of the year. If I were to tell you guys if you would be happy if the habs beat Boston in the first round and were down 2-0 to Tampa going back home, I am positive most of you guys would take it. This team was not even supposed to make the playoffs according to the so called "experts", let alone get passed the first round. Lets enjoy the ride and hope for the best :handclap:

tnq 04-25-2004 06:14 PM

Souray
 
he has to stop pretending to be a Norris Winner and play as simple as possible. Damn it. He is worse than Komisarek

Traitor8 04-25-2004 06:15 PM

I wouldn't mind if we start offering him to offer teams since his value is pretty high and he is always injury prone. we might get a solid defenseman back plus a good prospect.

Guy LaFleur 04-25-2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
And who exactly do you have in mind to get back in return? Sure Souray is fighting the puck, but he still is a top 4 d-man on this team

Even if it's only a draft pick, it'd be a welcome return. He's mediocre at best - he should not be our top four defenseman. He's gone back to his mediocre play and hopefully Julien and Gainey figure out that it's best to have him in our last pair or in the press box. He's been atrocious in the playoffs so far and that's how he normally plays. Yes, he has his good days, but they're few and far between. I'd just as soon rush Hainsey to the big leagues as I would keep him on our top line.

Team_Spirit 04-25-2004 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy LaFleur
Even if it's only a draft pick, it'd be a welcome return. He's mediocre at best - he should not be our top four defenseman. He's gone back to his mediocre play and hopefully Julien and Gainey figure out that it's best to have him in our last pair or in the press box. He's been atrocious in the playoffs so far and that's how he normally plays. Yes, he has his good days, but they're few and far between. I'd just as soon rush Hainsey to the big leagues as I would keep him on our top line.

Hainsey was steady this year with the Habs , they didn't rush him .. they let him play big minutes in Hamilton .

Traitor8 04-25-2004 06:33 PM

Souray Sucks! All this playoffs..

you can say he's injured but there are dumb mental mistakes he does that has nothing to do with his injuries!

KOMO_ROCKS 04-25-2004 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy LaFleur
Even if it's only a draft pick, it'd be a welcome return. He's mediocre at best - he should not be our top four defenseman. He's gone back to his mediocre play and hopefully Julien and Gainey figure out that it's best to have him in our last pair or in the press box. He's been atrocious in the playoffs so far and that's how he normally plays. Yes, he has his good days, but they're few and far between. I'd just as soon rush Hainsey to the big leagues as I would keep him on our top line.

Souray definately needs to get his act together SOON

BJCOLLINS 04-25-2004 06:39 PM

And play who?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.