HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Vlad (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=73939)

John Flyers Fan 04-26-2004 12:07 AM

Vlad
 
He looked extremely shakey with us in the regular season, but he's been excellent so far in the playoffs.

Keeps getting better and better.

Played a game high 29:14 second tonight. :bow:

7 minutes more than any other Flyer.

9 seconds more than Leetch

Winston Wolf 04-26-2004 12:18 AM

I totally agree. He is also the reason why Kim Johnsson can fully recover and not rush back only to risk further injury.

And to all of you people who said he is worse or equal to Therien when we got him at the trade deadline, all I have to say is: :lol :bonk:

Teezax 04-26-2004 08:32 AM

I like Malakhov has he is the only defenceman willing to shoot on net. He's clearin the crease, and getting the puck out of the zone, all the little things that we picked him up for. However the only knock is that he sometimes looks sleepy out there. But for the most part I like the acquisition.

MojoJojo 04-26-2004 10:17 AM

This series is SO physical, we really need his big frame and muscle out there. He's been good, but I wouldnt say spectacular. Its a good thing the Leafs dont have the speed to really exploit his weak skating.

Flyers26 04-26-2004 10:51 AM

notice his cage is gone.

John Flyers Fan 04-26-2004 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
notice his cage is gone.

Yep, he didn't wear the cage for game one.

Brad* 04-26-2004 11:40 AM

Yes, he has been very solid. I don't know if I want him playing 30 minutes a game every game, though.

John Flyers Fan 04-26-2004 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Yes, he has been very solid. I don't know if I want him playing 30 minutes a game every game, though.

When Johnsson returns his icetime will decrease a bit.

Brad* 04-26-2004 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
When Johnsson returns his icetime will decrease a bit.

Anyone heard any news on when Johnsson will be returning?

Flyers26 04-26-2004 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Anyone heard any news on when Johnsson will be returning?

Maybe Wed. if not maybe Seidenberg...

Teezax 04-26-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
Maybe Wed. if not maybe Seidenberg...

Like the saying goes: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Although I'm sure most of us were worried with Kaps playing Defence, he seems to be doing the right things out there. We're up 2-0, and I'm a little skeptical about bringing in Seids now. Anyone else? Or am i alone on this one.. :dunno:

donelikedinner 04-26-2004 01:25 PM

since we are up 2 games, if hitch thinks seids is good to go why not? the leaf defense would have fits with samy's speed. plus, seids has a heavy shot from the point and he likes to shoot.

mercury 04-26-2004 01:28 PM

Teezax, I agree. I would keep Kappy on D until Johnsson can return healthy. I love Seids, but I think both he and the team are better off with him staying down with the Phantoms, with a return to the Flyers next season. BTW, *no jinx* it looks like it might come down to Lightning vs. Flyers ECF. The best team in the East the second half of the season vs. the best team in the East the first half. It reminds me of the end of GTA Vice City: "I always knew it had to end like this!"

MojoJojo 04-26-2004 01:36 PM

If we still need a defenseman by the third round, Denis is the man. Brashear has taken Kaps spot on the third line (and has done a good job), and Somik replaces Brash on the fourth so moving Kap back to wing doesnt really help out our offense. Seidenberg has been great with the phantoms and brings a big point shot to the table, but has the same problem as Kapanen: too small and gets out muscled along the boards. Add to that the fact that Seidenberg is still getting back into shape after a long absence, and add Kapanen's skating ability, I give the edge to Sami.

Teezax 04-26-2004 01:59 PM

By the looks of it, KJ will be back for minimum game 3 but in reality probably game 4. I think Sami on D for one more game won't be an issue. I have been pleasantly surprised that he can handle himself back there with all the big T.O bodies skating into the D Zone hard. Flyers are making me confident this year, and finally we have trust in a goalie, it's a great feeling.

Flyers26 04-26-2004 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
By the looks of it, KJ will be back for minimum game 3 but in reality probably game 4. I think Sami on D for one more game won't be an issue. I have been pleasantly surprised that he can handle himself back there with all the big T.O bodies skating into the D Zone hard. Flyers are making me confident this year, and finally we have trust in a goalie, it's a great feeling.

Remember, we had the last change at home, and got the right match up's for Sami. That won't happen in Toronto.

Teezax 04-26-2004 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
Remember, we had the last change at home, and got the right match up's for Sami. That won't happen in Toronto.

True, but Sami plays like a 6'3" 235 pound defenceman. He has been getting hit by the big boys from Toronto, but he gets up, shakes it off, and continues to play hard. He has the heart of a lion and he has been one of Clarke's best acquisitions in the last few years. I can't say enough about his competetivenes. If anythign I would even consider Sami having a little more physical edge than Seids (as of right now) so I just wouldn't tamper with something that's going right.

Dave Carlson 04-26-2004 02:13 PM

I'm worried about Kapanen's 1v1 ability. So far I have only seen him challenged open ice once, and he was beat badly. Fortunatly for him his speed helped him recover and I believe Rags covered for him. But I'm just worried that they may eventually be able to exploit him one on one and score a break away goal.

FlyersGuy69 04-26-2004 02:35 PM

I don't even think that we need to bring Johnsson back until after this series. which should only go 2 or 3 more games tops.

Malakhov has played great and Jim Jackson was saying during the game that Hitch has reall leaned on him because he has been playing so well. I love his point shot too. low, hard and on net just about everytime.

Larry44 04-26-2004 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
I think Sami on D for one more game won't be an issue. I have been pleasantly surprised that he can handle himself back there with all the big T.O bodies skating into the D Zone hard.

The only question is whether Sami can survive with Toronto having the last change. Quinn will want the Roberts/Sundin/Mogilny line vs. Sami and Rags and that might be too much to ask of Sami.

He's been great, but he did have on glorious miscue on a flip pass that Francis took off him for a partial breakaway early in Game 2. Esche stopped him, but if he'd scored, we'd all be saying 'get Sami off the D' wouldn't we?

Gert B Frobe 04-26-2004 07:10 PM

Sami sure skates his way out of trouble well. He hasn't cost us anything yet on defense. The key is he is moving the puck quickly and his outlet passes are very good. I never thought Malakhov could lug 29 minutes a game but he looks good doing it. BTW he will score against Toronto soon- they're lucky he hasn't already...

MojoJojo 04-26-2004 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry44
The only question is whether Sami can survive with Toronto having the last change. Quinn will want the Roberts/Sundin/Mogilny line vs. Sami and Rags and that might be too much to ask of Sami.

I doubt they will go out of their way to match their forward lines to suit Kapanen. More than likely thier first priority will be to keep Sundin away from Primeau.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry44
He's been great, but he did have on glorious miscue on a flip pass that Francis took off him for a partial breakaway early in Game 2. Esche stopped him, but if he'd scored, we'd all be saying 'get Sami off the D' wouldn't we?

All defensemen make mistakes. Sure they catch a lot of crap when the opposition scores, but there are usually between ten and twenty good scoring chances every night. Kapanen would have caught some flak if it had gone in, bjut the same can be said of the mistakes of any defenseman.

Winston Wolf 04-26-2004 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
I doubt they will go out of their way to match their forward lines to suit Kapanen. More than likely thier first priority will be to keep Sundin away from Primeau.

Yeah, considering Pat Quinn is the opposing coach, I'm not even sure he knows Kapanen is playing out of position.

Teezax 04-27-2004 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy
Yeah, considering Pat Quinn is the opposing coach, I'm not even sure he knows Kapanen is playing out of position.

LOL :lol

z0llie 04-27-2004 09:04 AM

as mojo said, i doubt the leafs will look to match up on sami, i think they are going to be more concerned with the primeau matchup.

off topic-anyone else notice pitkanen's seemingly unwillingness to hold on to the puck and take a harder shot... seems hes just flicking the puck at the net a lot


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.