HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs AHL prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=74095)

montreal 04-26-2004 08:41 PM

Habs AHL prospects

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Habbadasher 04-26-2004 08:48 PM

Montreal, I've been reading your articles for almost a year now, and I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate them. Thank you.

Perfect_Gravity 04-26-2004 09:25 PM

Good Article :)

thx

MeTaL4EvR 04-26-2004 09:35 PM

Great article, just as always !!! :handclap:

RaTcine 04-26-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Montreal, I've been reading your articles for almost a year now, and I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate them. Thank you.

I second that.

Carbo N8 04-27-2004 07:26 AM

I really look forward to these reports. Great work!

Munchausen 04-27-2004 09:37 AM

Thanks Dan, good read and great work as usual!

There will be some major congestion up front at the next training camp, as Perezhogin, Higgins, Hossa and Plekanec could all be considered NHL ready at this point. It will be interesting to see how Gainey deals with this quite pleasant problem.

NWT Habs Fan 04-27-2004 10:12 AM

Dan, great read.

I also agree with you that I expect some much better things out of Ferland, Milroy and Archer next season. Some players take more time adjusting to the AHL game, and I would expect a much better sophmore season from this trio.

As for players who could make a splash in Montreal's camp next fall, it is really hard to ignore the great season that Pleks, Higgins and Perezhogin have put up. Both Higgins and Perezhogin had a relatively slow start, or else they could easily have finished at the top of the rookie scoring.

Hossa and Hainsey still top that enigma list. Both really talented, but both with major flaws/gaps in their game still. I was hoping this would be their pro breakout season and they would have flourished with key ice time and with a good bench boss in Jarvis, but I still can't figure why they didn't take more advantage of getting management's eye.

I am also quite interested in how Gainey and Savard deal with the fact that they now have 4 goalies on contract (albeit several have contracts about to expire). Clearly, with the recent signing of Danis, those other three won't all still be around in September IMO.

Mooch 04-27-2004 10:39 AM

Thanks Montreal, you are always a pleasure too read.

Keep up the excellent work!!

montreal 04-27-2004 12:18 PM

Thanks everyone. :cheers:

As for next year in nets. I read a lot of posts that want Garon gone, but I hope that doesn't happen. I like Garon a lot, and with Theodore entering his final year of his contract, we should keep him around, he could be a great one, imo. I hope it's Theodore/Garon then Danis/Fichuad/Damphousse. I am guessing that they won't bring Fichaud back, but I'd rather him him there to work with Danis, as I've heard Garon say he enjoyed having Fichaud around last year cause of all the experience he has. Fichaud seems more solid in nets then Damphousse, but Damphousse is younger and I could see Gainey/Savard going in that direction. I would guess it will be Danis/Damphousse. Michaud unless he has an unreal camp will be in the ECHL, as I don't see them going with 3 goalies, and there's no experience between Danis/Michaud, so I can't see them going that way. Sadly it looks like we will never see Vadmin Tarasov, and now I am starting to wonder if we will ever see Joni Puurula. Still we have 2 19 year olds, that can play in the Euro leagues for a few years.

Hossa and Hainsey I covered in another thread, but it will be very interesting what management does with these 2 guys. I like them both for their skills, but there's also a lot of concerns about their progression or lack of.

As for next year, it's so hard to say since we don't know if there will be a season. If there's no season, Plekanec, Higgins and Perezhogin won't be hurt by another season down there. But it should effect guys like Lambert, Urquhart, Flood, Locke, Deveaux, Glenn, who are all guys I could see being signed over the summer, but with less room in Hamilton, it would be either the ECHL (where we need to find a team before we can send anyone there ;) ) or back to juniors as all of them except Glenn can go back if need be (Deveaux will be 21 in March, don't know the exact cutoff date).

Then there's Kastsitsyn and Korneev, who I would hope to see signed if the IIHF/NHL deal can be worked out. That will be another interesting twist to the summer. We could use both of them in Hamilton season nor no season, I hope both are brought over to see how they adapt to North American hockey. It would be good to have Perezhogin, Kastsitsyn, Korneev on the same team to help their development and adapting to the new culture. Then there's the tryouts as we should have a few overagers or FA's to give an invite to the rookie camp. There are a lot of interesting overagers in the Q alone, (check this article for some of those players, http://www.habsworld.net/show_prospect.php?id=293)

As for Milroy, Ferland and Archer, next year will be an important season for them, as they will need to show some improvement in certain areas, but they all have a good base of skill and even the season wasn't a great one for the 20 year olds, they are still very young, and will hopefully get more ice time next year but not having a season would there ice time, as Pleks, Perezhogin, Higgins would get a lot of ice time. It will be very interesting to see what happens this summer, lots of things going on. :jump:

Cariboux 04-27-2004 04:15 PM

Thanks for your job montreal, very appreciated :handclap: