HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Rumor: Vokoun will be a BlackHawk ! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=741108)

BabyJagrov 02-21-2010 07:20 AM

Vokoun will be a BlackHawk !

ESPN.COM: Pierre LeBrun reports of conflicting sources regarding the possibility of the Florida Panthers trading goalie Tomas Vokoun

Surprised nobody brought it up before... I think it deserves its own thread !

A lot of reports are saying Vokoun and Leopold to Chicago for Huet, Crawford, Versteeg and picks...

I WON'T buy that deal from Sexton !

With the team wanting to focus on goal-scoring, grit, speed and talent... I don't see how Randy could sell us a deal with Chicago without getting Kyle Beach back !

Trading Vokoun now isn't like throwing the season away, but it smells like that... So I don't want him to bring back an NHLer (Versteeg) just to say he got a regular NHLer back !

I want talent ! I want building blocks to a great franchise !

I want Kyle Beach !!

I could digest the big swap of goalies (Huet and Crawford are pretty good, they are pretty pretty good... as long as we can ship Clemmensen out and make those new two guys our starting duo), if we got a blue-chipper like Vokoun back... And Versteeg isn't one, Chicago first pick isn't either...

I want Kyle Beach !!! :naughty:

Laus723 02-21-2010 07:55 AM

It doesn't need it's own thread, imo, we have several threads on Vokoun currently.

Why do we need Huet AND Crawford when we have such strong prospects already? Huet's signed for an additional year at the same cap hit, so I'd imagine it would have to be Chicago paying more than Versteeg and a goalie prospect for him. Unless Chicago's also taking on Clemmer's contract.

I'm fine with him going there, but we gain almost no cap relief by taking on Huet, there'd have to be far more to the deal, imo.

Boooooth10 02-21-2010 08:35 AM

They're going to have to send a lot more than that if we're going to absorb Huets awful contract.

Georgia Panther 02-21-2010 08:38 AM

Vokoun/Stillman for Huet/Sharp I would do in a minute.;)

That would allow you to send our first and Horton to Edmonton for their first which i would use to draft SEGUIN.

pb1300 02-21-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia Panther (Post 24022314)

That would allow you to send our first and Horton to Edmonton for their first which i would use to draft SEGUIN.

More needs to be coming back IMO. Vokoun alone would be worth Sharp and Huet, and then some, so adding Stillman should add to our return.

Georgia Panther 02-21-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 24022332)
More needs to be coming back IMO. Vokoun alone would be worth Sharp and Huet, and then some, so adding Stillman should add to our return.

To get Sharp you're going to have add a $3.5+salary from us to make it work cap-wise for Chicago, hence Stillman. For the same reason, if you would want more from Chi it would have to be a pick not a player unless you want to add another player from Fla.

AwesomePanthers 02-21-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia Panther (Post 24022314)

Horton and 1st for Oilers 1st? I wouldn't do that. Our first is a 4-7 pick, giving up Horton too for going up 4 spots, thats overpayment imo. And I would draft Hall anyday of the week over Seguin, but that's me.

About the rumor, I don't get why we would give up a goalie and getting two in return, we got really good goalie depth in pur organization, so it makes no sens.

Laus723 02-21-2010 09:44 AM

Chicago won't do that GP, they're cap is incredibly tight, they need to make room. Lots of room.

So far as the Edmonton proposal, no. Too much for a guy who's not played in the NHL yet in either Hall or Seguin.

Would be nice if we could get Kane from Chicago. :naughty:

I May Be Wrong 02-21-2010 09:55 AM

This thread title is deceiving.

Versteeg would be sweet. If we get a solid top six winger back like him, I can't see us dealing Booth/Weiss or Horton, it would make no sense to add him and then trade another away.

panthersfan751 02-21-2010 10:11 AM

Versteeg has been in a slump lately. And we don't need Crawford.

Unless we get either Patrick Sharp or Kyle Beach coming to Florida, I think we're making a bad trade.

Mogo 02-21-2010 10:18 AM

I want some good picks along if we take Huet POS. Trading Vokoun would pretty much mean total rebuild here in Florida. No way we compete next season. Also it would mean Panthers would rush Markstrom to NHL and ruin him.

panthersfan751 02-21-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogo (Post 24022905)
I want some good picks along if we take Huet POS. Trading Vokoun would pretty much mean total rebuild here in Florida. No way we compete next season. Also it would mean Panthers would rush Markstrom to NHL and ruin him.

We probably would end up with something like 2010 1st and 2011 2nd. Which isn't anywhere near value considering how desperately we need offense.

We need either immediate offense coming back in Sharp or a prospect like Beach that can develop and also provide offense.

Markstrom Rules 02-21-2010 10:32 AM

There's another link

http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&sl=cs&tl=en

Also, according to trade rumors board, Bobby Hull was saying this at a recent autograph signing. Take that for what you will. Could be something to this.

If it were Vokoun+Leo(not Seidenberg) for Huet, Crawford, Versteeg, and picks I could live with that. It wouldn't be a "bad" deal. Not my favorite, but....maybe Sexton just wants the guarantee of a top 6 winger coming here, Versteeg is good despite being in a slump right now. It's true there are no guarantees in free agency and the UFA market stinks this summer. We'd clearly have to move either Crawford or Clemmer after this. With Clemmer, we'd probably have to give a pick or something as well to get somebody to take that contract. Crawford might still be attractive to other teams, maybe. This doesn't clear hardly any cap space for the starting goalie position, but it brings in a legit top 6 forward. It is what it is, not a great deal, but a deal to bring in more forward talent. Idk why everyone wants Beach instead of Versteeg though. He hasn't even played an NHL game yet and is an extremely high maintenance prospect.

I May Be Wrong 02-21-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 24023029)
There's another link

Also, according to trade rumors board, Bobby Hull was saying this at a recent autograph signing. Take that for what you will. Could be something to this.

If it were Vokoun+Leo(not Seidenberg) for Huet, Crawford, Versteeg, and picks I could live with that. It wouldn't be a "bad" deal. Not my favorite, but....maybe Sexton just wants the guarantee of a top 6 winger coming here, Versteeg is good despite being in a slump right now. It's true there are no guarantees in free agency and the UFA market stinks this summer. We'd clearly have to move either Crawford or Clemmer after this. With Clemmer, we'd probably have to give a pick or something as well to get somebody to take that contract. Crawford might still be attractive to other teams, maybe. This doesn't clear hardly any cap space for the starting goalie position, but it brings in a legit top 6 forward. It is what it is, not a great deal, but a deal to bring in more forward talent. Idk why everyone wants Beach instead of Versteeg though. He hasn't even played an NHL game yet and is an extremely high maintenance prospect.

Agreed, it's not the greatest deal but it's definitely one I can live with. People should just accept we aren't going to get fair value for Vokoun. It NEVER happens with big name players, just never does. I'd like to see some picks included though if leopold is in it.

BabyJagrov 02-21-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

There's another link

No.. But Versteeg isn't lighting it up this year, and he could be the product of Toews and Kane...

Trading Vokoun away means flushing the season down the toilet. So I would rather get back a potential first-liner with hands, goal-scoring abilities, loads of grit, willing to drop the gloves and some speed... Then a regular 3rd-liner, potential 2nd liner able to put 25 goals and 25 assists a year like Versteeg !

Kyle Beach is gold man !!

To Chicago: Tomas Vokoun, Cory Stillman, Jordan Leopold

To Florida: Cristobal Huet, Patrick Sharp, Corey Crawford, Kyle Beach and a first in 2011

We won't get that... But taking Huet and giving arguably the best goaltender in the League this year won't bode well with the fans if Sexton settles for something less than a king's ransom !

NJ_CATS_FAN 02-21-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthersfan751 (Post 24022843)
Versteeg has been in a slump lately. And we don't need Crawford.

Unless we get either Patrick Sharp or Kyle Beach coming to Florida, I think we're making a bad trade.

Exactly. I dont like the rumored return one bit.

Laus723 02-21-2010 10:58 AM

Chicago doesn't want Stillman, they need to cut salary to make room for their insane contracts.

Versteeg makes me nervous, I think he's so good because of what's around him

Markstrom Rules 02-21-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booootthh (Post 24023093)
Agreed, it's not the greatest deal but it's definitely one I can live with. People should just accept we aren't going to get fair value for Vokoun. It NEVER happens with big name players, just never does. I'd like to see some picks included though if leopold is in it.

Yeah, not to mention the # of teams Vokoun can go to right now is limited because of cap space and need for goalies. If they want to move him now, they are limited and thus the return will be limited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyJagrov (Post 24023153)
No.. But Versteeg isn't lighting it up this year, and he could be the product of Toews and Kane...

Trading Vokoun away means flushing the season down the toilet. So I would rather get back a potential first-liner with hands, goal-scoring abilities, loads of grit, willing to drop the gloves and some speed... Then a regular 3rd-liner, potential 2nd liner able to put 25 goals and 25 assists a year like Versteeg !

To Florida: Cristobal Huet, Patrick Sharp, Corey Crawford, Kyle Beach and a first in 2011

We won't get that... But taking Huet and giving arguably the best goaltender in the League this year won't bode well with the fans if Sexton settles for something less than a king's ransom !

To my knowledge Versteeg hasn't played a lot with Toews and Kane. He scored 53 pts. last season, he's not a 3rd liner. He has more offensive talent than all but 2 or 3 of our players. He's in a slump right now, it happens to everybody.

The season is already over, management and ownership has already accepted that. It would take a miracle for us to make the playoffs. They are looking towards next season. How does Beach project to be any better of a player than Versteeg? His numbers this season aren't good at all for a 4th year player in the CHL, in fact since his 16 year old year his numbers haven't really been impressive. He has major discipline/emotional problems that could keep him from even becoming a regular NHLer. At this point, I'd say Beach projects to be more of a 3rd liner than Versteeg. Let's wait until Beach actually does something in the NHL before we say he's a potential 1st liner. 73 pts. at this point for a 19 yr. old isn't anything to brag about.

We aren't going to get a king's ransom for Vokoun, not at the trade deadline at least. The numbers of teams he can be traded to is very limited because of his contract and the short list of need for goalies out there. This might be the best deal Sexton can get.

Mogo 02-21-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Eh Versteeg? Why can't we for once get a TRUE 1rst liner on this team. It seems the only true 1rst liner we EVER had is Pavel Bure and maybe Ray Whitney

panthersfan751 02-21-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

There's another link

I want Beach along with Versteeg.

BabyJagrov 02-21-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 24023322)
Yeah, not to mention the # of teams Vokoun can go to right now is limited because of cap space and need for goalies. If they want to move him now, they are limited and thus the return will be limited.

To my knowledge Versteeg hasn't played a lot with Toews and Kane. He scored 53 pts. last season, he's not a 3rd liner. He has more offensive talent than all but 2 or 3 of our players. He's in a slump right now, it happens to everybody.

The season is already over, management and ownership has already accepted that. It would take a miracle for us to make the playoffs. They are looking towards next season. How does Beach project to be any better of a player than Versteeg? His numbers this season aren't good at all for a 4th year player in the CHL, in fact since his 16 year old year his numbers haven't really been impressive. He has major discipline/emotional problems that could keep him from even becoming a regular NHLer. At this point, I'd say Beach projects to be more of a 3rd liner than Versteeg. Let's wait until Beach actually does something in the NHL before we say he's a potential 1st liner. 73 pts. at this point for a 19 yr. old isn't anything to brag about.

We aren't going to get a king's ransom for Vokoun, not at the trade deadline at least. The numbers of teams he can be traded to is very limited because of his contract and the short list of need for goalies out there. This might be the best deal Sexton can get.

Man you must be kidding... Leading his league in goals with 46 in 59 games... On a middle-of-the-pack offense in the WHL ? While spending 160 in the penalty box ? Posting a +17 and being a beast on the PP ?

He is a right-handed shot, a force of nature... A ppg-player in the WHL, scoring goals and assisting on them at the same pace...

He has something like 10 goals in his last 6 games without recording a single PIM...

Nothing to brag about ? ... When you'll lead your league in scoring while being the only major offensive threat on your team, you'll call me ! To me it is quite an accomplishment... I remember Pavel Bure doing that in the NHL... Rick Nash also...

I wouldn't pass on a potential first-liner like Kyle Beach... Even for Versteeg... Versteeg hasn't been anything more than a 20 goal-scorer his whole career... I want GAME-BREAKING players, no more fill-ins and we'll do it by committee thing !

If the owners are true to their words, that's the path they should take... High-risk/high-reward impact players !!!

Markstrom Rules 02-21-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthersfan751 (Post 24023434)
I want Beach along with Versteeg.

What do you think about Beach's NHL potential? I know he has some issues with controlling his anger sometimes, but he's already scored 46 goals in the WHL this year.

Yes, but he's a 4th year 19 yr. old, that's not anything special. 27 A to go along with that, he should have a lot more than 73 pts. right now if he's to be considered a potential 1st liner in the NHL. His production has basically plateaued since his 16 yr. old year. He hasn't shown much improvement offensively at all since then. He's such a wild package emotionally, he's done some tremedously stupid things in the WHL. Team Canada didn't even want him for the WJC two years ago when he was clearly one of the best offensive players for his age in the CHL. Who knows what he becomes. I think the guy makes Steve Downie look like Mr. Rogers. At this point though I definitely wouldn't bet on him becoming a 1st liner in the NHL. Maybe a 2nd liner.

Blackhawkswincup 02-21-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Versteeg never plays with Kane and Toews so he cant be a product of them.

He usually plays with Madden + Byfuglien/Ladd on checking line and when Bolland was out he played majority of time at 2nd line C

As for the deal (I want Vokoun as many of you know,,,,,,,, I aint getting my hopes ups)

Remember we have 2 2nd's in this years draft

So maybe the trade is something like

Huet , Versteeg , Crawford , 1st in 2010 + Hawks 2nd in 2010 + Flames 2nd in 2010

For Vokoun + Leopold or Seidenberg

Not bad value for the Panthers as it gives you guys a

-Capable #1 until Markstrom is ready
-Solid young netminder with potential who could be your #2 or trade bait
-Young top 6 winger
-Late 1st rounder (hopefully very, very late)
-a 2nd in the 40-50 range + late 2nd

Blackhawkswincup 02-21-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyJagrov (Post 24023490)

I wouldn't pass on a potential first-liner like Kyle Beach... Even for Versteeg... Versteeg hasn't been anything more than a 20 goal-scorer his whole career... I want GAME-BREAKING players, no more fill-ins and we'll do it by committee thing !

If the owners are true to their words, that's the path they should take... High-risk/high-reward impact players !!!

To be fair to Versteeg he is only 23 and this is his 2nd full season in NHL. Hardly enough to be so against him.

Lots of potential

And while his offensive game has struggled this past month his defensive game is still top notch. Playing on our Checking line/PK alot.

And Versteeg has always played well on all levels of hockey. No reason he cant be a 30 goal + 30 assist going forward.

He can also play all 3 forward positions.

BabyJagrov 02-21-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 24023600)
Versteeg never plays with Kane and Toews so he cant be a product of them.

He usually plays with Madden + Byfuglien/Ladd on checking line and when Bolland was out he played majority of time at 2nd line C

As for the deal (I want Vokoun as many of you know,,,,,,,, I aint getting my hopes ups)

Remember we have 2 2nd's in this years draft

So maybe the trade is something like

Huet , Versteeg , Crawford , 1st in 2010 + Hawks 2nd in 2010 + Flames 2nd in 2010

For Vokoun + Leopold or Seidenberg

Not bad value for the Panthers as it gives you guys a

-Capable #1 until Markstrom is ready
-Solid young netminder with potential who could be your #2 or trade bait
-Young top 6 winger
-Late 1st rounder (hopefully very, very late)
-a 2nd in the 40-50 range + late 2nd

Thanks for showing up man !

Two questions:

- I love the Hawks, and I try to follow them as much as I can, but I haven't seen that much the last two years ! Is Versteeg really the real deal ? A friend of mine told me today, he believes a lot in him... A right-handed shot who can play wing or center in a pinch... That's good... But I think as a Panthers fan we are all wanting a potential 60 point-per-season player with a couple of 70 points season in him... And I can't believe he has it in him. What do you think of the player ?

- Your take on Beach ? Can he become that first-line player ? Would you accept losing him for the goaltender who would put your team over-the-top ?

I would love to see a good trade happenning between our two teams, because Chicago is my favourite in the West... If we could give you the missing piece, I would be ecsastic...

But remember... Joe Nieuwendyk went to Dallas to bring a Stanley Cup to this great city... People seems to forget that Jarome Iginla was sent back the other way to Calgary...

That's the kind of deal I want to see... Great for both clubs !