HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   GDT: SEMI-FINALS - CANADA vs SLOVAKIA - 6:30 PM PST (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=743095)

Nighthock 02-26-2010 02:54 AM

SEMI-FINALS - CANADA vs SLOVAKIA - 6:30 PM PST

Nighthock 02-26-2010 02:55 AM

I'm really really hoping for a Canada/USA rematch! Win or loss would be a great game!

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/47437-1/Idol_Rebel_Yell.jpg

SharksAddict 02-26-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthock (Post 24130692)
I'm really really hoping for a Canada/USA rematch! Win or loss would be a great game!

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/47437-1/Idol_Rebel_Yell.jpg

I think everyone outside of Finland/Slovakia is hoping for that. Canada would probably win but would still love to see it.

RammsteinGT 02-26-2010 09:27 AM

Big thanks to everyone making and contributing to these GDT's during the olympics! I don't dare venture into the main board's threads so this here is very appreciated.

GO Canada!

And because I'm superstitious, I'll keep it going in this thread...today, Halak must take a page from the book of Jim Morrison.

Quote:

"Time to live, time to lie, time to laugh, and time to die. Take it easy baby. Take it as it comes."

SonomaShark 02-26-2010 09:32 AM

However, go SharkNucks!

CrazedZooChimp 02-26-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B
RammsteinGT;24132579]Big thanks to everyone making and contributing to these GDT's during the olympics! I don't dare venture into the main board's threads so this here is very appreciated.[/B]

GO Canada!

And because I'm superstitious, I'll keep it going in this thread...today, Halak must take a page from the book of Jim Morrison.

Seconded, I've tried following the main board GDTs and it makes my head hurt (or it makes me hate everyone). It's nice to have a place to discuss the games with calm people, all of whom want to see the Sharks do well.

yada 02-26-2010 11:26 AM

i didnt see easy mention anything about this so ill post the officials. i havent seen enough of these guys calling the games to give a breakdown so if easy wants to add anything ill leave it up to him.

Denis LaRue (USA)
Jyri Ronn (FINLAND)

SJeasy 02-26-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yadadaiholla (Post 24134233)
i didnt see easy mention anything about this so ill post the officials. i havent seen enough of these guys calling the games to give a breakdown so if easy wants to add anything ill leave it up to him.

Denis LaRue (USA)
Jyri Ronn (FINLAND)

LaRue is the only one I noticed (I really dislike the no numbers thing) and followed. It has to be blatant and in the first two periods. Basically DCS.

yada 02-26-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJeasy (Post 24134585)
LaRue is the only one I noticed (I really dislike the no numbers thing) and followed. It has to be blatant and in the first two periods. Basically DCS.

im with you three thousand percent on the no numbers issue.

The Nemesis 02-26-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan (Post 24132587)
I'm generally in this camp too, but all of the Canadian arrogance has made it so I wouldn't mind a bit if they got spanked by Slovakia.

http://hfboards.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1267198019

Again, can I ask you to stop this "Canadian arrogance" crap? Every nation has its arrogant sections. You don't think there are some annoying arrogant idiots out rubbing today's US game in the faces of people? Stop painting my country as if there's something wrong with it because some yahoos are taking things too seriously.

yada 02-26-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 24142115)
Again, can I ask you to stop this "Canadian arrogance" crap? Every nation has its arrogant sections. You don't think there are some annoying arrogant idiots out rubbing today's US game in the faces of people? Stop painting my country as if there's something wrong with it because some yahoos are taking things too seriously.

how about the annoying americans who said the tournament was for the us taking after they beat canada in a game that ultimately was unimportant. :shakehead

Thresher 02-26-2010 05:38 PM

Frankly, I'm embarrassed by the behavior of both sides.

Basically it's a cacophony of: "You're so arrogant. We're obviously the best." - In all it's contradictions and aberrations.

If the gold medal game proves to be a rematch of Canada/USA, I think I'm going to stay far far away from HF.

SonomaShark 02-26-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Sorry Nem... I'll stop. I can't wait for Sunday so this border war can end and I can get back to liking Canada again (actually, it's really only a certain 4 or 5 people on the main board that have me so fired up right now). I'm seriously glad that the Olympics are only two weeks!

Spacemania 02-26-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thresher (Post 24142619)

Basically it's a cacophony of: "You're so arrogant. We're obviously the best." - In all it's contradictions and aberrations.

If the gold medal game proves to be a rematch of Canada/USA, I think I'm going to stay far far away from HF.

Yeah, the Olympics isn't meant for this sort of thing, its about international comrodery, to enjoy sharing and competing in a sprot that is mutually enjoyed. Yeah there is a certain national pride, but players shake their opponents hands at the end of each game for a reason. That reason being the core of sports period. What good is a championship if everyone around you thinks your an *** ****?

Edit: and on a second note, I don't think there is anything wrong in praising ones own team. Thats perfectly fine, understandable, etc. Thats to be expected, and thats a good healthy thing. Though I think thats all a fan should say about teams, keep their comments to just their own team and nothing more, unless its meant as a complement to the opponent. Its odd as hell to say this, but I've come to respect Curling because its level of sportsmanship is above anything else I've seen.

USF Shark 02-26-2010 05:49 PM

one of my peers texted me: "good win, enjoy your silver medal America"

My response: "yeah, it will be a real shame when Slovakia beats us in the finals"

I don't care if we do it, or if Slovakia does it, but I want Canada to lose. Being an American in Canada has exposed me to so many anti-American comments (even from professors which ticks me off even more). At first I took it as some good natured bashing, but it just gets so damn annoying after almost 7 months living here.

I love Canada, and most Canadians who I am friends with are wonderful people, but it's the jerks who have me cheering against Canada.

CrazedZooChimp 02-26-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Amen, I can't wait to go back to just hating international collections of players based on what city they play in :nod:

Seriously though, it's why I stick to this board, most of the people here are relatively level headed. I also kinda want to Slovaks to win gold, because I think it would be HI-larious after all the trumping up of Canada and the US.

Spacemania 02-26-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp (Post 24142815)
Amen, I can't wait to go back to just hating international collections of players based on what city they play in :nod:

Seriously though, it's why I stick to this board, most of the people here are relatively level headed. I also kinda want to Slovaks to win gold, because I think it would be HI-larious after all the trumping up of Canada and the US.

well that and we all know everyone here hates Pronger, so any anit-canadain statment from this side of HF can be assumed to be anti-pronger sentiments.

on that note, I find no problem in bashing an individual who's had a poor and well-documented reputation. Everyone here that knows me knows that I hate any player with a passion that has intentionally taken a player out of a game with a headshot, and that I consider the act unforgiveable.

SactoShork 02-26-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

I wonder what HF was like in 1980? :sarcasm:

SonomaShark 02-26-2010 06:01 PM

I've been called a fat McDonald's-face-stuffing lazy non-healthcare-having war-mongering stupid POS American that likes a choking loser team and that I know nothing about hockey because I have the word "Fan" in my screen name a few too many times this past week or so. Oh, and for some reason, some Canadians seem to think that calling us "Yanks" is an insult. <end of rant for the rest of the Olympics!>

Spacemania 02-26-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoShark (Post 24142875)

.- -. -.. / - .... . / .- -- . .-. .. -.-. .- -. ... / .... .- ...- . / -... . .- - . -. / - .... . / .-. ..- ... ... .. .- -. ... .-.-.- / .. - ... / .- / -- .. .-. .- -.-. .-.. . .-.-.- / .. - ... / .- / -- .. .-. .- -.-. .-.. . / --- -. / .. -.-. . .-.-.-

Kudos to the first to figure this joke out :laugh:

SonomaShark 02-26-2010 06:04 PM

Luongo has the coolest mask on the ice. I love the lumberjack.

SonomaShark 02-26-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spacemania (Post 24142928)
.- -. -.. / - .... . / .- -- . .-. .. -.-. .- -. ... / .... .- ...- . / -... . .- - . -. / - .... . / .-. ..- ... ... .. .- -. ... .-.-.- / .. - ... / .- / -- .. .-. .- -.-. .-.. . .-.-.- / .. - ... / .- / -- .. .-. .- -.-. .-.. . / --- -. / .. -.-. . .-.-.-

Kudos to the first to figure this joke out :laugh:

Yes, it's a MIRACLE!!! ;)

Spacemania 02-26-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan (Post 24142953)
Yes, it's a MIRACLE!!! ;)

dammit, I was expecing it to take longer than this :laugh:

Thresher 02-26-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoShark (Post 24142875)

http://blog.nola.com/michaelkleinsch...GamesScene.jpg

Kitten Mittons 02-26-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Ugh, you're so arrogant. :sarcasm:

The Olympic board is pathetic. US fans turned into a bunch of Sean Avery's with this new found confidence, while Canadians are like Getzlaf's: chirping even when blowing out another team (see Malkin elbow)