HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   crazy ticket deal for games next week($10 upper level, $25 lower level) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=743412)

Telfo 02-26-2010 09:01 PM

crazy ticket deal for games next week($10 upper level, $25 lower level)
 
saw this on the AJC in the comments. crazy good deal

"Hey Guys…..Here’s a decent 80% OFF Thrashers tickets sale for next week….Let’s fill up Philips!!

ATLANTA–FEBRUARY 26, 2010– The Atlanta Thrashers just
reduced prices by as much as 80% on two games next week at
Philips Arena. These are the first home games following the
NHL’s Winter Olympics break.

Upper Level seats are $10 (reg. $32-$62) and Lower Level
seats are $25 (reg. $62-$78) for the following games:

- Tuesday, March 2 vs. the Florida Panthers
- Thursday, March 4 vs. the New York Islanders

This offer is exclusive to Travelzoo subscribers and does
not include any fees — an additional savings of as much as
$9.60 per ticket.

Click the link below and use code “ZOO” in the Special Offer
Code field. You must then create an account and sign in to
purchase tickets.

http://www.travelzoo.com/newsflash/71242115-760316/

NO CONVENIENCE CHARGES!

John Cena* 02-26-2010 09:48 PM

That's an amazing deal. Lower level tickets when i go to the games in Philly are $110. I think glass seats are like $140.

OkayIGiveUp 02-27-2010 09:47 PM

I wish I lived in Atlanta. I suffer from the same problem as ASF; as I live in Toronto, too expensive for my taste.
But I do have tickets for when the Thrashers come around on the 30th of March! Can't wait for that game.

headsigh 02-28-2010 10:31 AM

Maybe I'll go see a game, then.

Bongo 03-04-2010 10:26 AM

Less than 10K there for the Panthers game on Tuesday. Some folks blamed the weather. What a joke.

dj4aces 03-04-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bongo (Post 24291104)
Less than 10K there for the Panthers game on Tuesday. Some folks blamed the weather. What a joke.

The reported figure is 13k+. Where did you get the less than 10k number?

Not that 13k is much better. I'm just calling bull.

btn 03-04-2010 11:34 AM

There were several inches of snow on the ground as far south as Marietta.

It was I believe the 2nd highest attnedance figure on a Tuesday for the season, the other being In the middle of the holidays.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bongo 03-04-2010 11:49 AM

Don't believe everything you read. Those attendance numbers are based on tickets sold. Not tickets scanned at the door. The Thrashers have been fudging these numbers since day 1.

Also, I was there and I know the difference between several hundred people and several thousand.

TasteofFlames 03-04-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bongo (Post 24292250)
Don't believe everything you read. Those attendance numbers are based on tickets sold. Not tickets scanned at the door. The Thrashers have been fudging these numbers since day 1.

That's probably because tickets sold is all that matters, from a business stand-point.

Bongo 03-04-2010 12:41 PM

I don't know if it's a league wide practice or not but its a pretty trasnparent lie. Since all the tickets are scanned with a barcode reader, they know exactly how many people should up.

Sabreality 03-04-2010 12:47 PM

well maybe its time for some of you slackers in and around ATL to get to a game or 2 :)

this is what its all about...a chance to go 4-1-2 post Kovy tonite...some GREAT matchups with playoff implications on the horizon...PLAYOFFS BEGIN NOW!

6 teams...3 slots up for grabs

Aaronxxx 03-04-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bongo (Post 24293061)
I don't know if it's a league wide practice or not but its a pretty trasnparent lie. Since all the tickets are scanned with a barcode reader, they know exactly how many people should up.

it's a league-wide practice

flerd_trandle 03-04-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bongo (Post 24293061)
I don't know if it's a league wide practice or not but its a pretty trasnparent lie. Since all the tickets are scanned with a barcode reader, they know exactly how many people should up.

Ownership makes money from tickets sold whether you use them or not.

nyrmetros 03-10-2010 12:54 PM

Any ticket deals for the Rangers game?

Telfo 03-10-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmetros (Post 24414494)
Any ticket deals for the Rangers game?

just the usual stuff. there are some half-price student tickets you can buy at the box office.

then the chikfila family pack thing that is 4 tickets and some food for $89.

i think thats all for a friday night game

Enstrom39 03-10-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmetros (Post 24414494)
Any ticket deals for the Rangers game?

full price if you're a Rangers fan, sorry :)

nyrmetros 03-12-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telfo (Post 24415300)
just the usual stuff. there are some half-price student tickets you can buy at the box office.

then the chikfila family pack thing that is 4 tickets and some food for $89.

i think thats all for a friday night game

How strict are they with student ID? I have one from 2005 that works at the Nassau Coliseum in LI.

Telfo 03-12-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmetros (Post 24459041)
How strict are they with student ID? I have one from 2005 that works at the Nassau Coliseum in LI.

no problems... i use one that is around 7 years old. they just glance at it

nyrmetros 03-12-2010 03:38 PM

Is that the same deal as this?

http://thrashers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=35542

which seems to have expired on March 2nd ?

Telfo 03-12-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmetros (Post 24459242)
Is that the same deal as this?

http://thrashers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=35542

which seems to have expired on March 2nd ?

no thats different. the regular student tickets arent a special promo, they are all the time.

it is the $32 tickets for $16 or the $64 tickets for $32

nyrmetros 03-12-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telfo (Post 24459269)
no thats different. the regular student tickets arent a special promo, they are all the time.

it is the $32 tickets for $16 or the $64 tickets for $32

I'd go for the $32 for $16 if they take my ID. Are those seats much better than the straight up $10 seats? TicketTheif has section 408 for the $10 tix, last row I'd imagine.

http://cdn.nhl.com/thrashers/images/...HR_IndGame.jpg

TOAONCBA 03-12-2010 04:09 PM

Really depends on what you prefer. The $10's arent really too bad, just waaaay up. When I use the $16 student discounts we usually end up just moving down into the $42 section so its a bit lower but on the ends of the rink. You may be able to move down from the $10's too if its not too crowded. But it is a Friday night against the Rangers, so it should be a somewhat decent turnout.

nyrmetros 03-12-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOAONCBA (Post 24459702)
Really depends on what you prefer. The $10's arent really too bad, just waaaay up. When I use the $16 student discounts we usually end up just moving down into the $42 section so its a bit lower but on the ends of the rink. You may be able to move down from the $10's too if its not too crowded. But it is a Friday night against the Rangers, so it should be a somewhat decent turnout.

I just spoke with a Thrasher ticket rep. He said they def have the student ID program for the $32 for $16. Yea I was wondering what type of crowd would be at the game tonight.

TOAONCBA 03-12-2010 04:16 PM

But if you want to do the $10's then it's best to get there a little early. They are usually to first to sell out from my experience. That's when I use the student discount.

nyrmetros 03-12-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOAONCBA (Post 24459794)
But if you want to do the $10's then it's best to get there a little early. They are usually to first to sell out from my experience. That's when I use the student discount.

Well I'm dependent on my friend since we are gonna drive. So we'll figure things out once we get down there.

Any thoughts on the best place for super cheap beer before / after the game?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.