HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Player Discussion: Olympics in Sochi 2014 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=743562)

Nordic* 02-27-2010 08:08 AM

Olympics in Sochi 2014

Zetterberg-Backstrom-Pajaarvi

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Petersson-Lander-Bergfors (???)

Tedenby-Franzen-Stalberg

Omark (Berglund if he stops sucking, Josefsson)

Hedman-Kronwall

Karlsson-A.Larsson

O.E.L-Murray

Enstrom (Grossman, Hjalmarsson)

Lundqvist
Markstrom
pylon

What we'll lack, if using this line-up, is a competent third line.

Any changes?

pjuud 02-27-2010 02:38 PM

Anton Stralman instead of Hjalmarsson in my opinion.

TheFatOne 02-27-2010 03:20 PM

Zetterberg-Backstrom-Bergfors

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Steen-Berglund-Hornqvist

Moller-Backlund-Stalberg

Wandell

Hedman-Kronwall

Karlsson-Hjalmarsson

Stralman-Enstrom

Edler-Ericsson

Nordic* 02-27-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landskronala (Post 24158044)
Zetterberg-Backstrom-Bergfors

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Steen-Berglund-Hornqvist

Sjostrom-Lundqvist-Stalberg (Energy-line)

Omark, Harju, Wandell, Brunnstrom, Nilsson, Ritola, Moller, Thuresson, Backlund, Pääjärvi, F Pettersson, Klasen, Tedenby, Ullstrom, Kruger, Josefson, Franzen, A Petersson, Lander.

Hedman-Kronwall

Karlsson-Hjalmarsson

Stralman-Enstrom

Edler-Ericsson

Murrya, Grossman, Oduya, Gunnarson, Junland, OEL, Larsson, Erixon, Rundblad.

My team would beat yours nine times out of ten.

TheFatOne 02-28-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 24162026)
My team would beat yours nine times out of ten.

You must be drunk.

bottomofthefoodchain 02-28-2010 12:21 PM

You must be high :nod:

Joel Lundqvist will never be on a Swedish Olympic team

Ribban 02-28-2010 12:36 PM

After such a disaster of a hockey year, Jrs, women, men, it is so nice to see the loving and caring feeling amongst the fans. One wishing the other to be drunk, and the other wishing him to be high.

If we were only so lucky. (and if you are, **** you for not sharing!) :laugh:

IT 03-01-2010 03:08 AM

Lundqvist
Markstrom
Gustavsson

Hedman Hjalmarsson
Kronwall Karlsson
Enstrom Murray
O.E.L

Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Paajarvi Backstrom Franzen
Bergfors Zetterberg Hornqvist
Moller Berglund Stalberg
Steen

joe89 03-01-2010 05:23 AM

I wouldn't rule out Forsberg :sarcasm:

We haven't even seen many of those players in NHL, makes it really bold. But I would predict to see Hedman, Larsson, Karlsson, MPS from current prospects. And I still have high hopes for Berglund & Backlund. But keep in mind that players like Hjalmarsson, Grossman, Strålman, Gunnarsson, Edler will be in a terrific age. And Junland? Looking good.. We are pretty stacked on D, it's so hard to predict.. Kronwall, Enström and Hedman are my only locks right now there.

I also have my doubts that our oldest player will be around 33/34 yo..

Nordic* 03-01-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe89 (Post 24194477)
I wouldn't rule out Forsberg :sarcasm:

We haven't even seen many of those players in NHL, makes it really bold. But I would predict to see Hedman, Larsson, Karlsson, MPS from current prospects. And I still have high hopes for Berglund & Backlund. But keep in mind that players like Hjalmarsson, Grossman, Strålman, Gunnarsson, Edler will be in a terrific age. And Junland? Looking good.. We are pretty stacked on D, it's so hard to predict.. Kronwall, Enström and Hedman are my only locks right now there.

I also have my doubts that our oldest player will be around 33/34 yo..

If BÅG still coached I have no doubt about Magnus Johansson getting a sport there too.

Ribban 03-01-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 24199875)
If BÅG still coached I have no doubt about Magnus Johansson getting a sport there too.

How old are Warg and Fabricious?

zecke26 03-01-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribban (Post 24203641)

34 and 31 in 2014, so why not?

but the team needs grit. so a 36y old marcus nilson is a must for sotchi!

Ribban 03-01-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26 (Post 24204000)
34 and 31 in 2014, so why not?

but the team needs grit. so a 36y old marcus nilson is a must for sotchi!

Hmmm. That may be a bit young for such an important tournament.... Nilson should be right there though!

Crazyhorse 03-02-2010 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribban (Post 24203641)

Not to mention the prolific scorer, Weinhandl. He's a lock for Sotji! ;):laugh:

zecke26 03-02-2010 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse (Post 24218260)

sure he is. i can imagine him on a pure scoring line with mårtensson. maybe ekman on that line. i mean, everyone talked about taking NHLers because the games are in NA. so in sotchi the KHLers have to build the core. :D

LiveeviL 03-02-2010 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribban (Post 24205423)
Hmmm. That may be a bit young for such an important tournament.... Nilson should be right there though!

BÅG himself will lace them, you read about it here first!

B Boarding 03-02-2010 01:24 PM

MPS (22) - Backstrom (26) - L. Eriksson (28)

Sedin (33) - Sedin (33) - Hornqvist (27)

Zetterberg (33) - Berglund (25) - Franzén (34)

Klingberg (23) - Wandell (27) - Landeskog (21)

Backlund (24)

Taxi:
Josefson (22)
A. Petersson (23)
Steen (29)

The forward crop is a mix between young players and players in their prime. Some players like Landeskog and Klingberg are maybe too young but I included them since we really badly need size and grit. In almost every tournamnet our exit is because of our lack of drive to the net and inability to score the garbage goals. In this Olympics it was also exposed that our players wasn't good at changing the pace of the game when we got behind. We didn't have that kind of players.

OEL (22) - A. Larsson (21)

E. Karlsson (23) - Hedman (23)

Kronwall (33) - Murray (33)

Hjalmarsson (26)

Taxi:
Edler (27)
Grossman (29)
Enstrom (29)

The defense is very young and might even be too young. But at 2014 I really think they are the best we'll have. The top 4 are maybe the most talented defensemen we've had, since Lidstrom. Remember that Doughty dominated this year in the OG and I think Adam Larsson will be about as good come 2014. Our defensive pool is really deep so it hurts to leave some really good defensemen out of even the taxi squad. I'm a bit worried that the defense will be too offensive minded. We usually have a hard time to clear our own crease when we play against Canada and the US. It will be fun to see the bottom 3 flattening people with open-ice hits, if they choose them wisely.

Lundqvist (31)
Markstrom (23)
J. Gustavsson (29)

Taxi:
Enroth (25)
D. Larsson (28)

For the first time we will have two superstar goalies, in Markstrom and Lundqvist and that is a very good thing. Now we won't be as vunerable to injuries and bad form. Enroth and Gustavsson is basically a wash for the 3rd spot.

bottomofthefoodchain 03-02-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse (Post 24218260)

Seriously, why not? Big rink and all.

jfc64 03-03-2010 11:43 PM

Possible team +

Sedin - Sedin - Josefsson
MSP - Zetterberg - Hörnqvist
Eriksson - Bäckström - Bergfors
Persson - Johansson - Samuelsson
Franzén - Backlund - Berglund
Tedenby - Wandell - Möller

Hedman - OEL
Kronwall - Hjalmarsson
Karlsson - Ericsson
Murray - Larsson
Tallinder - Edler
Enström - Strålman

Markström
Lundqvist
Gustavsson
Enroth
Lindbäck
Wesslau

jfc64 03-04-2010 12:56 PM

Do we have any players born 92, 93 or 94 that could make it to Sotji?

B Boarding 03-04-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfc64 (Post 24294497)
Do we have any players born 92, 93 or 94 that could make it to Sotji?

Btw, must we try to WIN the damn tournament? Can't we go with veterans who are slow and doesn't care much if we lose since it's the spirit of the olympic that counts? I suggest the following players for our team:

Sundin - BAG - Näslund
Näslund - Forsberg - Alfredsson
Loob - Steen - Nilsson
Sedin - Bäckström - Zetterberg
Sedin - Sandström

Lidström - Salming
Jönsson - Hedman
Olausson - Johansson

Lundqvist
Salo
Pekka Lindmark

Coach: Conny Evensson

92-born: I'm quite sure Adam Larsson will make the team. Maybe Landeskog as well. His physical presence will be needed.

93-born: Probably not. Victor Rask might have a very slim chance of making bottom 6.

94-born:Super talented Filip Forsberg and scoring winger Collberg have a minimal chance. But it's really minimal. They would need to have Peter Forsberg-like development to make it.

Nordic* 03-05-2010 09:48 AM

We all saw what youthful grit and passion did for the Americans this Olympics, while the more skilled and experienced team didn't seem to care at all.

The best mix is 5-6 30+ players that brings experience, but then you also need a few 20-24:ish players for enthusiasm.

We also need an energy line, both Canada and USA played a much faster game than we did - we weren't even close. Not that it's our way to play the game, but we must be able to match their intensity if need be, and we just weren't.

Energi line 2014.

Tedenby-Franzen-Landeskog (hated that Franz played fourth line in Vancover, but in 2014 he'll be a perfect fit with these two young guns flanking him)

A tough, skilled swede that can fight. Where do I sign up?

DJB 04-06-2010 09:05 PM

Nice to see some love for Karlsson in the top 4...

GoHomez 04-07-2010 02:10 AM

Four years is a lot of time, especially when it comes to projecting the development of players that are currently in their early twenties. I mean, some of them will definitely turn out to be lemons and bomb. I have a sneaking suspicion that Markstrom, sadly, will be one of them... not enterily sold on him.

A sleeper call for Sotji is Linus Videll, once he gets out of Sodertalje I think he will absolutely blossom!
Big, strong, smart and a decent scorer. The main knock against him is his lack of speed, which is a concern at the international stage. But with his size and smartness I think he has the tools to succeed.

Garl 04-07-2010 02:18 AM

OG 2014 are very far away. But what also complicates projecting the roster is the fact that we have a lot of young talent and you never know how they will turn out in 4 years, espescially since our 26-30 y.o. are not exactly strong.