HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Spring Workout Routine (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=744230)

TheDream18 02-28-2010 08:26 PM

Spring Workout Routine

My season will be ending soon this year and I want to get a jump on the players I play against going into next season. I mainly want to get quicker, a harder shot and add 15 or 20 pounds of muscle. What are some workouts that I can do that will help attain these goals? Thanks for all the help.

ledzeppelinfan1 02-28-2010 08:38 PM

I'm no expert, but if you're wanting to put on 15-20 pounds of muscle...you have enormous expectations and had better be prepared to bust your *** everyday for 2-3 hours...

The Devil In I 02-28-2010 09:03 PM

What can you do to achieve your goal of gaining 15-20lbs of muscle in the offseason? Steroids. That's it. If you absolutely bust your ass you might be able to add 10 lbs of muscle. Some of the best advice you'll get is eat correctly, for adding muscle you need to boost your intake and eat healthy. And I'd recommend squats, squats, and more squats.

Hades 02-28-2010 09:25 PM

You could gain like 15 pounds but most of it won't be muscle.

TheDream18 02-28-2010 09:32 PM

This is getting a little out of hand. I didn't want it to mean 15 pounds. But I want to get stronger.

noobman 03-01-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDream18 (Post 24184235)
My season will be ending soon this year and I want to get a jump on the players I play against going into next season. I mainly want to get quicker, a harder shot and add 15 or 20 pounds of muscle. What are some workouts that I can do that will help attain these goals? Thanks for all the help.

If you're in your teens and you're growing, it might not be totally unrealistic to gain 10-15 pounds in a summer. If not, you've got a LOT of work ahead of you.

If you want advice on how to achieve your goals... you'll need to provide more information about yourself:

Age, weight, height, skill level, position played, current workout regiment, etc etc.

If you want to improve your skills you have to practice your skills! This means stickhandling in your driveway, getting a net and taking shots, etc etc

Little Nilan 03-01-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDream18 (Post 24184235)

Are you a beginner, intermediate, advanced or elite at weightlifting?

If you're starting out, read Starting Strength, then a few weeks later (about 12), read Practical programming.

If you're intermediate, read Starting Strength, because you're probably a beginner who thinks he's an intermediate. Then, find your weaknesses and get on a westside type program. I've gained a really impressive amount of muscle, strength and speed in a short time while doing this.