HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Rangers recall Corey Potter (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=744400)

JDNYR11 03-01-2010 01:00 AM

Rangers recall Corey Potter

Rangers haved recalled Corey Potter from Hartford.
http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

TheHotRock 03-01-2010 01:02 AM

**** it, i'll be "that guy"

a d man will be traded

Jumbo* 03-01-2010 01:03 AM

Or MDZ might not be 100% ready yet. He did just get his stitches out this weekend I believe.

TheHotRock 03-01-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 24193213)
Or MDZ might not be 100% ready yet. He did just get his stitches out this weekend I believe.

don't do that. watching this team hurts, ******** speculation is all i have

Carlos Ranger 03-01-2010 01:10 AM

It's just insurance for Del Zotto.

jniklast 03-01-2010 05:45 AM

Why Potter again, I know he played alright for the Rangers, but isn't he playing prety bad for the Pack? I think I would've prefered Heikkinen.

Vitto79 03-01-2010 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jniklast (Post 24194529)
Why Potter again, I know he played alright for the Rangers, but isn't he playing prety bad for the Pack? I think I would've prefered Heikkinen.

I imagine Heikkinen said he is gone to the KHL regardless so they won't bother with him now.

Once again it is fishy, DZ is banged up but still.

RangerBoy 03-01-2010 06:02 AM

MDZ skated yesterday without any contact. Unless he can shoot the without any discomfort,he is not allowed to play. He felt pain in his side when shooting the puck. The 50 stitches were removed yesterday.

Jarkko Immonen 03-01-2010 06:45 AM

So terrible. Heikkinen said he'd be done if he didn't get the chance to play with NYR after the Olympics. Potter is awful.

New York RKY 03-01-2010 07:10 AM

Sangs must still be injured, huh?

RangerBoy 03-01-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 (Post 24194796)
Sangs must still be injured, huh?

Sanguinetti returned from his high ankle sprain two weeks ago.

Thankfully it's not Sanguinetti. The Rangers are going to play Sanguinetti on Tuesday to showcase him for a trade on Wednesday. Mad scramble to find out which teams are scouting the Rangers-Sens and make up possible trades.:sarcasm:

New York RKY 03-01-2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 24194854)
Sanguinetti returned from his high ankle sprain two weeks ago.

Thankfully it's not Sanguinetti. The Rangers are going to play Sanguinetti on Tuesday to showcase him for a trade on Wednesday. Mad scramble to find out which teams are scouting the Rangers-Sens and make up possible trades.:sarcasm:

Sorry I'm a little confused, If they we're gong to showcase Sangs wouldn't he had been the one called up??

The Thomas J.* 03-01-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen (Post 24194709)
So terrible. Heikkinen said he'd be done if he didn't get the chance to play with NYR after the Olympics. Potter is awful.

Yea, he is a lame duck. They won't give him a shot now unless we have massive injures on D now. It's almost like they are being spitefull.

Riche16 03-01-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHotRock (Post 24193198)
**** it, i'll be "that guy"

a d man will be traded

Nice avatar... :yo:

however this is more about MDZ and his gaping chest wound I think.

MortUWary 03-01-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Thomas J. (Post 24194906)
Yea, he is a lame duck. They won't give him a shot now unless we have massive injures on D now. It's almost like they are being spitefull.

SARCASM WARNING (apparently, the smiley isn't enough sometimes):

Sather is far too professional to do anything spiteful like that. So is Lou Lamoriello. Neither GM has done that in the past, why would one of them do it now?

Fitzy 03-01-2010 08:19 AM

MDZ had his stiches removed, he should be good to go.

Guess we're all hunkey dorey capwise though.

bscharf 03-01-2010 09:18 AM

eh

Quote:

Originally Posted by jniklast (Post 24194529)

Heikkinen will be gone to the KHL next year. No point in bringing him up. Potter played very well when he was brought up so why no bring him up and give him some ice time and experience while MDZ recovers and gets a lighter work load.

OrbitalDynamics 03-01-2010 09:40 AM

Potter will get about 7 minutes and be sent back right after the game, who are we kidding?

UAGoalieGuy 03-01-2010 09:49 AM

May be the Rangers did not recall Sangs because he will be included in a possible deal? I'm hoping for some activity lol I'm glad I have off on Wednesday!

Levitate 03-01-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy (Post 24195314)
MDZ had his stiches removed, he should be good to go.

Guess we're all hunkey dorey capwise though.

well that means things won't break open, but they might sit him if he can't shoot or pass the puck or throw/take hits very well. It's great when guys can play through pain and be effective, but I don't see a reason to toss a rookie into that situation if giving him a little bit more time to recover will be beneficial

squishy 03-01-2010 03:16 PM

Heikkinen hit a wall about a month ago. He hasn't looked nearly as good as he did earlier in the season lately.

That said, Potter hit a wall about a year and a half ago, so I guess it's all relative. :p:

LamoTheKid 03-01-2010 03:23 PM

http://twitter.com/oilers_insider

Top post.

I have no idea how credible the source is but aside from MDZ not being ready, this could be another reason for the move.

Inferno 03-01-2010 03:25 PM

im assuming it would be redden+ for Souray.

and i would do that deal ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

getting out from under that contract would be frikkin awesome..and Souray is twice the player Redden is.

GAGLine 03-01-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squishy (Post 24204535)
Heikkinen hit a wall about a month ago. He hasn't looked nearly as good as he did earlier in the season lately.

That said, Potter hit a wall about a year and a half ago, so I guess it's all relative. :p:

I wonder how much of that (in both cases) is frustration over not making it to the NHL full time. A couple years ago, some of us (yourself included) were touting Potter as an underrated dman who had a legitimate shot to make the team in camp.

Of course, we'd like to see these guys continue to work their hardest and eventually "make it", but they are human too. Maybe they don't put in as much work when they feel they are stuck in neutral and their play suffers as a result.

Levitate 03-01-2010 03:26 PM

hahaha there's no way that's a credible site