HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Injury Report: Williams Participated in Full Practice / Traveled with the Team to Dallas (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=744785)

TonySCV 03-01-2010 06:42 PM

Williams Participated in Full Practice / Traveled with the Team to Dallas

This news is stunning. What a quick recovery! There's a good chance he could be back in a week or two.

http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=4272

"Williams made it through his first full practice on Monday morning and accompanied the Kings on their two-game road trip. Williams still has quite a bit of conditioning work to do, but injured players typically donít travel, so Williamsí presence on the road indicates that the Kings are very serious about his return. Everyone is staying tight-lipped about a possible return date ó and Williams stressed that he will not play during this two-game trip ó but Williams is progressing very well."

Youngblood93 03-01-2010 06:51 PM

He may be back by St. Patrick's day. That would be a huge lift.

JDM 03-01-2010 06:52 PM

Hot diggity dog. That's great.

But, times like these make me miss Ron even more, because it should be obvious that he is being rushed by management to sell the fact that DL didn't have the balls to make a good trade, so Williams return will be sold as "It's like making a trade. Better even, since he knows the team and we've been good without him."

Or was it that we were good without him so therefore he sucks?

I guess they aren't mutually exclusive.

Huzzah for Slick Willie! Don't rush it bub.

bcking 03-01-2010 06:52 PM

Awesome news, did not think he would be back this year.......he must be working his ass off

agentfouser 03-01-2010 06:54 PM

readings williams' comments on how he handled the injury really speaks volumes about his dedication. this guy has obviously had some unfortunate injuries the past few years, but it's great to see how much he battles to come back from them.

Sydor25 03-01-2010 06:55 PM

Very impressed, but it sounds like his injury wasn't as bad as was initially reported.

JDM 03-01-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 24210307)
Very impressed, but it sounds like his injury wasn't as bad as was initially reported.

Well I missed the part when it went from a broken leg to a broken ankle. Felt like Rich just slipped that in there a few days ago.

Unless I did miss something right after the injury.

Telos 03-01-2010 07:02 PM

Holy Cow. Hopefully we don't rush him. But I can't complain if he joins the roster early. We really need him.

Reaper45 03-01-2010 07:44 PM

WTF?
Justin Williams = Bionic Commando.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52...mmando-NES.jpg

redcard 03-01-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 24210349)
Well I missed the part when it went from a broken leg to a broken ankle. Felt like Rich just slipped that in there a few days ago.

Unless I did miss something right after the injury.

I think you did miss something, i seem to remember it being reported as a broken ankle only a few days after it happened. Could be wrong though.

LAKings4ever 03-01-2010 08:53 PM

JW must be working hard, would love to have him back by mid-march...hell, I'll take the end of March as it gives him plenty of time to get back into form.

Scrivezina 03-02-2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 24211442)
WTF?
Justin Williams = Bionic Commando.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52...mmando-NES.jpg

I miss playing nintendo

Zad 03-02-2010 01:24 AM

How is this possible?

VictoryRose 03-02-2010 07:38 AM

I had almost the identical injury. Pretty incredible to be coming back this quickly.

Defgarden 03-02-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 24217600)
How is this possible?

ROIDS!

KINGS17 03-02-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 24210245)
Hot diggity dog. That's great.

But, times like these make me miss Ron even more, because it should be obvious that he is being rushed by management to sell the fact that DL didn't have the balls to make a good trade, so Williams return will be sold as "It's like making a trade. Better even, since he knows the team and we've been good without him."

Or was it that we were good without him so therefore he sucks?

I guess they aren't mutually exclusive.

Huzzah for Slick Willie! Don't rush it bub.

JDM is becoming my favorite poster.

DIEHARD the King fan 03-02-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGS17 (Post 24220091)

I am soooooo jealous.
You are going to make me start arguing with you again.;)
Where have you been?

itstheo54 03-02-2010 01:01 PM

WOW, shocking how bout a comeback for the March 18 game I'll be at vs. the Blackhawks. Its after a 4 day off period after a saturday day game.

Gentle Ben Kenobi 03-02-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGS17 (Post 24220091)

:cry::cry:

Kingz4life 03-02-2010 03:33 PM

This is outstanding news! I have expected him to come back all along by the end of March and it looks like he will be back in just a couple weeks. The injury was never really described in detail until now.

I don't buy the whole management is rushing him back. If he is healthy enough to be on the ice then he will play. The best part about this is that he will actually have time to possibly come back at a high level for the playoffs since he has 6 weeks before the regular season is over!

Smyth-Kopitar-Willams :yo:

Whitney sure would look great on that line or on the second tho:naughty:

Cruel11 03-05-2010 07:10 PM

UPDATE on Willie:

Quote:

The big day for Williams will be Monday, when the team doctor will look at x-rays of his leg and determine if Williams is ready to move forward. If the news is positive, itís no stretch to say that Williamsí status at that point could be considered day-to-day.
Quote:

Williams hasnít revealed his target date for a return. Today, I joked around with Williams, pulled out my pocket schedule and pointed to March 18 as the game I thought he would return. Ryan Smyth, who knows what Williamsí target date is, looked over his shoulder, but both guys maintained poker faces. Itís possible that it could actually be a couple games earlier than that, but I picked March 18 because there are three days off before that game, and it would give Williams ample practice time to prepare. Weíll seeÖ

backhander 03-05-2010 11:32 PM

williams....thought i was maybe going to catch a few games before the end of the season at best. this will get him prepped for the playoffs. positive news