HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sid the Kid's glove, went into the first row. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=744944)

heartandsoul 03-02-2010 05:43 AM

Sid the Kid's glove, went into the first row.

When Crosby scored, mere seconds after the winning goal went into the net, Crosby shook off his gloves and threw them into the air. One glove hit the ice, but i think the other one went into the stands over the glass.

A windfall for whoever the lucky fan was who caught it. That glove would bring thousands of dollars on Ebay. Maybe tens of thousands of dollars. Imagine being the fan who got to see the players celebrate directly in front of you, but you got Sid's sweaty glove that scored the winning goal 2 seconds before. He scored the winner and you had the glove in your hands 2 seconds later. Amazing.

Charlie Milles* 03-02-2010 05:55 AM

Maybe it hit a little girl in the face?:dunno::sarcasm:

TheReaper 03-02-2010 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartandsoul (Post 24218404)
When Crosby scored, mere seconds after the winning goal went into the net, Crosby shook off his gloves and threw them into the air. One glove hit the ice, but i think the other one went into the stands over the glass.

A windfall for whoever the lucky fan was who caught it. That glove would bring thousands of dollars on Ebay. Maybe tens of thousands of dollars. Imagine being the fan who got to see the players celebrate directly in front of you, but you got Sid's sweaty glove that scored the winning goal 2 seconds before. He scored the winner and you had the glove in your hands 2 seconds later. Amazing.

Just enough to pay for those awesome icelevel seats.

MBrodeur30 03-02-2010 07:31 AM

Both of them fell onto the ice. I thought the exact same thing, but the replay showed, that both of them hit the ice.

jabberhockey 03-02-2010 08:13 AM

The glove would have just hit the netting behind the boards and fell to the ice.

NewFang 03-02-2010 08:20 AM

I saw the glove go into the stands and punch some guy in the nuts

TheReaper 03-02-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewFang (Post 24219138)
I saw the glove go into the stands and punch some guy in the nuts

Hahahah, good one.

Modo 03-02-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Spy A Sedin Duck (Post 24219076)
The glove would have just hit the netting behind the boards and fell to the ice.

I didn't even notice, was there netting there? Wasn't sure if the same rules applied to international hockey.

Moon Man* 03-02-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReaper (Post 24219151)
Hahahah, good one.

Yes, hilarious. Newfang must have all of Leno's material for the next few weeks already taken care of to be hanging around here, dropping gems like that one.

Other Little Mikey 03-02-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modo (Post 24219166)
I didn't even notice, was there netting there? Wasn't sure if the same rules applied to international hockey.

Yes, there was. I noticed it when I was there because it doesn't go as high up as Rexall's, which is right to the roof.

go_leafs_go02 03-02-2010 12:31 PM

The rink was the exact same as for the Canucks, same boards, same glass, same ice size, same netting. Just suck all Canucks-advertising out of it.

In his spot, no way he could throw up his gloves that high above the netting. Never been to GM Place, but I expect it to be fairly high.

xtr3m 03-02-2010 12:43 PM

We need multiple video evidence to do geometrical calculations. Also, was there a lucky loonie somewhere?

Rometiklan 03-02-2010 12:48 PM

I have to watch that again, but I could have sworn Crosby merely dropped his gloves and stick to the ice after he realized the puck was in the net and he was skating to the corner.

Oilbender 03-02-2010 12:50 PM

Knocked someone out, and now they are suing. Way to go, Sid.:sarcasm:

Mr Lahey* 03-02-2010 01:05 PM

Flew into the stands and wiped a tear from Ovechkin's rosy cheek.

ronnyweed 03-02-2010 01:11 PM

he threw his gloves in the corner, im pretty sure even if they cleared the glass that huge 20 foot net that stops pucks from entering the crowd would have come into play

Villert 03-02-2010 01:31 PM

Never mind his gloves... did you see the mouthguard? That thing went flying, spit included. It's pretty funny to watch in the replay, that MAY have been able to squeak through the netting even.

I'd take it over a glove...:sarcasm:

Canucks5551 03-02-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 (Post 24223841)
The rink was the exact same as for the Canucks, same boards, same glass, same ice size, same netting. Just suck all Canucks-advertising out of it.

In his spot, no way he could throw up his gloves that high above the netting. Never been to GM Place, but I expect it to be fairly high.

They changed the glass to plexiglass from seamless glass for the games. The netting also doesn't go up that high.

Slee 03-02-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rometiklan (Post 24224449)
I have to watch that again, but I could have sworn Crosby merely dropped his gloves and stick to the ice after he realized the puck was in the net and he was skating to the corner.

Naw, he flung those mother ****er's in the air.

The Expert 03-02-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moon Man (Post 24219218)
Yes, hilarious. Newfang must have all of Leno's material for the next few weeks already taken care of to be hanging around here, dropping gems like that one.

It was funny, and Leno is the man. Conan sucks, sorry.

ekcut 03-02-2010 01:54 PM

What game are you talking about? I don't remember hearing anything about Sid scoring a goal.

Other Little Mikey 03-02-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villert (Post 24225826)
Never mind his gloves... did you see the mouthguard? That thing went flying, spit included. It's pretty funny to watch in the replay, that MAY have been able to squeak through the netting even.

That made me laugh too, mostly because he took it out of his mouth, then threw it. :laugh: Obviously he was losing his mind just as much as the rest of us, I had to watch the replay about four times before I calmed down enough to hear Cuthbert's call.

Crosbyfan 03-02-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBrodeur30 (Post 24218799)
Both of them fell onto the ice. I thought the exact same thing, but the replay showed, that both of them hit the ice.

They bounced off the ice and landed in the stands. I have them both and have them for sale, just PM me.

They are just $1,000 each, or $1,900 for the pair...two pairs for $3,000.

PensFanSince1989 03-02-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villert (Post 24225826)

Watching Crosby's Pre-Game Penguins press conference, it seems as though the mouth guard is one of the few things he got back. I don't think he got either his stick or gloves back, they 'disappeared' somewhere.

yada 03-02-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lahey (Post 24225047)
Flew into the stands and wiped a tear from Ovechkin's rosy cheek.

Lawl, well done :handclap: :biglaugh: :thumbu: