HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   time for spring hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=745344)

ILflyersfan12 03-02-2010 10:01 PM

time for spring hockey

well guys its time for spring hockey to start up in my area. its not really an organized league just some guys that play and we ahve teams and stuff and the winner wins some money in the end.

we had tryouts today. and i took a stick right off the mouth. haha.

so, id jsut like to wish some good luck for people starting up spring hockey or if you are in the middle or end of your season.

GOOD LUCK!

CanadaBacon 03-03-2010 01:49 AM

Last spring/summer i didnt play, i figured i was getting too old and wanted to take the summers off.

A bunch of buddies asked me to play this year in a small league (everyone knows each other/works with each other) so it looks like its back to year round hockey....atleast for one more year.

noobman 03-03-2010 09:07 AM

I've been doing summer hockey since I started playing... it's a lot of fun. I find that only the hockey hardcore ever seem to sign up for it though, so the skill level often seems a little higher. IE: I would play between C and D in winter hockey now... but probably go D or even E in summer hockey.

It was a lot of fun when I was a kid. There's a full contact league out of Chesswood Arena in Toronto... skill level ranges from AAA to house league amongst age brackets (young AAA players usually got bumped up, old house league players got bumped down), so you saw a bit of everything. I got to share the ice with some amazing hockey players there.

HowToHockey 03-04-2010 03:58 AM

LUCKY!!

I live in the bush, no summer/spring hockey here. When I lived in London, On I played in 2 different summer leagues and one pick up. Man that was nice!

ILflyersfan12 03-04-2010 11:34 AM

i dont think il be able to play. might have to have knee surgery.:(

Hrad 03-04-2010 02:29 PM

Currently just finishing my season up but looking forward to 3 on 3 hockey starting up in May and ending in July. First time I'm ever going to be playing hockey through the summer, I can't wait.

Also, does anybody know any other summer leagues near Brampton/Mississauga where a 16 year old can play?

Google isn't being my friend as of late :shakehead

ILflyersfan12 03-04-2010 03:21 PM

well guys, im getting ready to head into the docs. office. its more of a physical therpy office.

hope it is nothing serious and i can play.

noobman 03-04-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILflyersfan12 (Post 24297192)
well guys, im getting ready to head into the docs. office. its more of a physical therpy office.

hope it is nothing serious and i can play.

Good luck buddy. I had to shutdown my current season due to knee injuries. I got lucky... just some minor ligament problems not requiring surgery.

My physiotherapist is recommending another week of physio for me, plus the continuation of my exercises. My legs look so lopsided and awkward.... left leg is noticeably smaller than the right!

ILflyersfan12 03-04-2010 09:28 PM

well i got some great news. it doesnt require surgery. it will cause me to miss only a week. maybe a couple treatments of theropy later on if it happens again. it was something to do with a ligament. like a stretched ligament or something. the doc. says that it is almost healed. it was minor. i am so happy i dont have to have surgery.

he also said that i could skate some, but not more than 30 min. and when i get done to ice it. and if it gets worse to come in right away. im really happy its not a torn ligament or something.

and i got some more good news. i got a phone call today from the coach of the team i tried out for. i got a spot on the team. i am so happy. but our first practice is tommorow. and i wont be able to practice until next friday. thats when i will be cleared from the doctor. it just depends how i feel on it and so on and so forth. i am so excited. this is the first real hockey team ive been on. its not just 5 people its an actual "league". but we all know each other mostly. the coach said,"ive seen you play pick up game hockey, and you have alot of intensity, you play hard, you skate hard, you are just somebody that i would want leading my team. but there are some down falls to you also, you take stupid penalties. blah, blah, blah, blah" the coach is a real nice man. i hope i can have some fun playing and maybe put some pucks in the back of the net.

CanadaBacon 03-05-2010 12:54 AM

You guys have refs for pick up? (by pick up im assuming shinny)

ILflyersfan12 03-05-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 24313486)
You guys have refs for pick up? (by pick up im assuming shinny)

yea. just like somebody else that is not playing. but we try to make it seem like actual game. its deffiently going to be a different story i guess. first time on a hockey team in a real league.

whats different about it than pick up games?

ILflyersfan12 03-06-2010 11:31 AM

well guys, got an update. my knee doesn't hurt as bad. it is not swollen anymore. i am going back to doc. later today to be re-evaluated.

he told me when i went the first time, that it was an injury that i had had for awhile and that i just didnt do anything about and it had almost healed because of the timing, when i went to the doctor about it. he might say still friday and he might push it back to like wednesday or something. i havent skated yet, because i dont want to risk hurting it even more.

went to the teams practice and watched, it was tempting not to go put on my gear and play. we got some new guys in there that none of us know, so it should be fun. and its a good sign i guess when we get people we dont know, we must be growin'! lol.