HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings Article: Today's New Lines (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=746708)

Chazz Reinhold 03-05-2010 04:15 PM

Today's New Lines

http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=4417

And yet, for some unknown reason, Brown remains on Kopitar's line.

onlyalad 03-05-2010 04:37 PM

for those too lazy to click:

Smyth-Kopitar-Brown
Frolov/Stoll/Richardson (not sure who would center this line)
Modin-Handzus-Simmonds
Parse/Halpern/Clune/Ivanans/Williams

Winger23 03-05-2010 04:46 PM

The only thing i can think of is to make room for Williams to bring him back into game shape by playing him 5-10 minutes a game on the 4th line until he's ready for more minutes.

Ziggy Stardust 03-05-2010 04:47 PM

Once Williams is back in the fold, I expect the lines to look something like this:

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds
Richardson-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Halpern-Parse/Clune/Ivanans

Stupid Sexy Flanders 03-05-2010 04:47 PM

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about these things, but I'd really like to see Smyth-Kopitar-Simmonds.

Chazz Reinhold 03-05-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 24323276)
Once Williams is back in the fold, I expect the lines to look something like this:

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds
Richardson-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Halpern-Parse/Clune/Ivanans

How long until that happens, though? It sure seems like Murray's going to neuter Kopitar and Brown by keeping them together until then. That's effectively eliminating a whole line from the team.

TonySCV 03-05-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders (Post 24323282)
I don't spend a lot of time worrying about these things, but I'd really like to see Smyth-Kopitar-Simmonds.

We all would. The Brown with Kopitar experiment should have ended ages ago.

Cruel11 03-05-2010 04:59 PM

I can't wait till Willie comes back. The Bropitar combo is not working.

Johnny Utah 03-05-2010 05:31 PM

When Williams comes back Parse goes down and Clune to the 4th line. We need that grit.

Muzzinga 03-05-2010 05:49 PM

wait, has the Zeus-Fro combo. I.E. the players with the best chemistry and have been the most consistently productive over the past few months, seriously been broken up? Goodbye secondary/all scoring then

DIEHARD the King fan 03-05-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw1tch (Post 24324215)
wait, has the Zeus-Fro combo. I.E. the players with the best chemistry and have been the most consistently productive over the past few months, seriously been broken up? Goodbye secondary/all scoring then

I think you read that right. Basically TM seems to be following the old adage:

If it aint broke, I'll break it, so I can fix it.

wabwat 03-05-2010 06:30 PM

and for merry measure, Frolov is being moved over to right wing.

aegwillnotwinthecup* 03-05-2010 06:32 PM

All aboard the Failboat, Captain Murray. :shakehead

Chazz Reinhold 03-05-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup (Post 24324899)
All aboard the Failboat, Captain Murray. :shakehead

And to think I was being heavily criticized in the comments section at Hammond's section for criticizing Murray...

Cruel11 03-05-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabwat (Post 24324868)
and for merry measure, Frolov is being moved over to right wing.

It better work out TM:

Quote:

ďI used Fro on the right before the break. It happened during a game, and I liked what I saw. He can make that adjustment easily, and to be it opens up an opportunity for him to use his shot off the right side. On the left side, he ends up, quite often, delaying and finding weak-side D. He makes good plays from there, but this gives him an opportunity to use his shot coming down that side. Thatís what Iím hoping I can accomplish out of the change.Ē

Incidentally, I talked to Frolov today for an upcoming feature, and he didnít seem bothered by the move.

CTKingsFan 03-05-2010 10:52 PM

Every time the Kings have a bad game Murray changes the lines up then it takes 2 or 3 more bad games until he changes them back to what he had when they where winning... Does it every time. :help:

Puck U 03-05-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingOmatic (Post 24330418)
Every time the Kings have a bad game Murray changes the lines up then it takes 2 or 3 more bad games until he changes them back to what he had when they where winning... Does it every time. :help:

Yeah especially, remember that one time back in January where after a couple losses and then a tough game we won against Buffalo he next game put Richardson & Simmonds w/ Kopi and moved Smyth down w/ Stoll & Brown, remember, and Terry benched Bobby Boucher and then the Kings went on to win like 8 or 9 games in a row with that lineup ... 'member, oh man that was so bad ... I hated that, 'member that ... :sarcasm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders (Post 24323282)
I don't spend a lot of time worrying about these things ...

And looking at our Record this year ... I DON'T EITHER ... Terry can mix it up how ever he wants as long as the team finds ways to WIN. :nod:

Zad 03-05-2010 11:23 PM

Coaches coach
Players play
Fans...fans...help me out here people.

KINGS17 03-06-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 24330861)
Coaches coach
Players play
Fans...fans...help me out here people.

Fans b*tch.

MxK1NGS 03-06-2010 12:22 AM

I would like to see what Halpern could do on the first line. He did play with Lecavlier with TB, how about here?

Smyth-Kopitar-Halpern
Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds
Richardson-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Moller-Parse/Williams(Reconditioning)

THEN...

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds
Halpern-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Richardson-Clune/Parse/Moller

Thoughts?

CTKingsFan 03-06-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck U (Post 24330774)
Yeah especially, remember that one time back in January where after a couple losses and then a tough game we won against Buffalo he next game put Richardson & Simmonds w/ Kopi and moved Smyth down w/ Stoll & Brown, remember, and Terry benched Bobby Boucher and then the Kings went on to win like 8 or 9 games in a row with that lineup ... 'member, oh man that was so bad ... I hated that, 'member that ... :sarcasm:

And looking at our Record this year ... I DON'T EITHER ... Terry can mix it up how ever he wants as long as the team finds ways to WIN. :nod:

:dunno: I can't remember everything. Brothers gotta vent...:sarcasm:

CTKingsFan 03-06-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGS17 (Post 24331341)
Fans b*tch.

Pretty much

Chazz Reinhold 03-06-2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingOmatic (Post 24331503)
Pretty much

I guess fans shouldn't want the team to be as good as they can be. My bad.

Puck U 03-06-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold (Post 24332174)
I guess fans shouldn't want the team to be as good as they can be. My bad.

No one is saying that, but the Kings have what the 4th or 5th best record in ALL the NHL. Not one of us thought we'd exactly be in this position at this time of year, so SOMETHING is working for this team ... and I doubt much of it comes from what line combo's the Fan's want. That's a game best left for NHL '10. ;)

Ollie Weeks 03-06-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Doughty8 (Post 24331427)
I would like to see what Halpern could do on the first line. He did play with Lecavlier with TB, how about here?

Smyth-Kopitar-Halpern
Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds
Richardson-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Moller-Parse/Williams(Reconditioning)

THEN...

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds
Halpern-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Richardson-Clune/Parse/Moller

Thoughts?

Halpern on the 1st line is a fairly ridiculous proposition.