HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I would let Garon start the game tonight (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=74728)

Kafka 04-29-2004 02:54 PM

I would let Garon start the game tonight

If I was Claude Julien, I would let him start (I think Theo is the starter anyway). I would do with for two reasons:

1. Only to teams have ever come back from a 3-0 playoff run... and with the way Habs are playing, they wont be the third one.

2. We have to show other teams what Garon can achieve under pressure... and I see an opportunity here.

velimiiro 04-29-2004 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka
If I was Claude Julien, I would let him start (I think Theo is the starter anyway). I would do with for two reasons:

1. Only to teams have ever come back from a 3-0 playoff run... and with the way Habs are playing, they wont be the third one.

2. We have to show other teams what Garon can achieve under pressure... and I see an opportunity here.

Here's why Garon won't play tonight...

Theodore stole game 7 for us against Boston, if we put Garon in and we lose with him, Julien gets the blame, if we lose with Theodore, then it's Theo's fault (if he plays average).

In conclusion i doubt Julien is dumb enough to start Garon.

Capitano 04-29-2004 03:34 PM

No way we start Garon. We live and die with Theo this year.

Cap

Kafka 04-29-2004 03:36 PM

The main reason why Garon won't start is that he would bring problems by winning.... imagine if he stole game 4, then wins game 5........ what a weird situation.....

My bet: TB scores 3 goals in the first period; Garon ends the game....... My fear is that this game will look like game 6 agains Carolina two years ago.

JohnnyB11 04-29-2004 03:37 PM

Quote:

You simply can't play Garon tonight when Theodore has started every playoff game for us. We live or die by Jose, that's the way it has to be.

And I'm 100% positive Theo will be between the pipes tonight. Zero chance for Garon.

tinyzombies 04-29-2004 03:38 PM

Garon must start, no question.

Kafka 04-29-2004 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velimiiro
Here's why Garon won't play tonight...

Theodore stole game 7 for us against Boston, if we put Garon in and we lose with him, Julien gets the blame, if we lose with Theodore, then it's Theo's fault (if he plays average).

In conclusion i doubt Julien is dumb enough to start Garon.

Wow, you are so smart... but you forgot that Habs have to win the FOUR next games... so no one will blame Julien if he loses with Garon...

By the way, I don't understand why people continue to say this nobrainer sentence: "We win or lose with Theo". We have practicly already lost, so why not SOMETHING new????? We lost three in a row.... why not using our brain and triying something else?

Kafka 04-29-2004 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyB11
You simply can't play Garon tonight when Theodore has started every playoff game for us. We live or die by Jose, that's the way it has to be.

And I'm 100% positive Theo will be between the pipes tonight. Zero chance for Garon.

You are right, Theo will start the game cause of the sentence people always come back with: "win or loose with theo".............. but most of the time, to have a winning situation, you have to change something in the situation that led you to three losts...

... just my two cents... I prefer to bring arguments to an opinion to old useless sentences...

Capitano 04-29-2004 03:44 PM

Sure, we're down 3-0, and we're bound to lose. But the game has to be played. You have to go with your best and love him or hate him, Theo is our best. If we win this game then it's 3-1. I'm not saying we'll come back even if we win tonight, but I'm saying that you have to go with what got you here. That's why it's live or die with Theo in my opinion.

Cap

JohnnyB11 04-29-2004 03:46 PM

Quote:

Wow, you are so smart... but you forgot that Habs have to win the FOUR next games... so no one will blame Julien if he loses with Garon...

By the way, I don't understand why people continue to say this nobrainer sentence: "We win or lose with Theo". We have practicly already lost, so why not SOMETHING new????? We lost three in a row.... why not using our brain and triying something else?

And you seem to forget that with Jose in net, our 2002 Hart and Vezina winner, we won 3 straight against Boston with our backs to the wall.

When you have a goalie of Jose Theodore's calibre, you don't sit him out for this game, or any other game there might be in this series. Unless you are one of those looking to run him out of town a la Patrick Roy incident.

No offence, but while you're asking us to use our brains I think you could try giving your own head a shake too :dunno:

417 04-29-2004 03:49 PM

Start Garon...if you want to start a goalie controvery that will spin out of control for the rest of the summer and into next training camp and tick off Theo and put waaaayyy too much pressure on Garon, then yeah, it's a good idae to start Garon... :eek:

Kafka 04-29-2004 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitano
Sure, we're down 3-0, and we're bound to lose. But the game has to be played. You have to go with your best and love him or hate him, Theo is our best. If we win this game then it's 3-1. I'm not saying we'll come back even if we win tonight, but I'm saying that you have to go with what got you here. That's why it's live or die with Theo in my opinion.

Cap

It is just that I had in mind the game against LA at about the end of this season..... Habs were not playing well and Garon was fantastic (well positionned). Theo is usually our best goaltender, but he allowed goals on two breakaways (just a sign that he is not at his best). We have never seen what Garon can do in the playoffs.... why not trying him???

A few years ago (1996-97), THEODORE started games four and five against New Jersey cause Thibault lost the first three games...... Eleven years before, Lemaire (Perron) decided to play a young goaltender instead of STEVE PENNEY.... I think is name is PATRICK ROY.

Changing isn't bad........ most of the time.

Kafka 04-29-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

And you seem to forget that with Jose in net, our 2002 Hart and Vezina winner, we won 3 straight against Boston with our backs to the wall.

When you have a goalie of Jose Theodore's calibre, you don't sit him out for this game, or any other game there might be in this series. Unless you are one of those looking to run him out of town a la Patrick Roy incident.

No offence, but while you're asking us to use our brains I think you could try giving your own head a shake too :dunno:

What tels you Garon isn't able to do the same thing?

JohnnyB11 04-29-2004 03:56 PM

Quote:

What tels you Garon isn't able to do the same thing?

:shakehead

What tells you that Garon IS able to do the same thing? Theo HAS done it before, those are the best credentials going!

I'd start Garon if Theo could pull this series out of the fire. If the Habs can come back and eliminate the Lightning, then game 1 of the conference final I'd love to see Garon in net. Now is not the time to "see what he can do".

Capitano 04-29-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

What tells you that Garon IS able to do the same thing? Theo HAS done it before, those are the best credentials going!

I'd start Garon if Theo could pull this series out of the fire. If the Habs can come back and eliminate the Lightning, then game 1 of the conference final I'd love to see Garon in net. Now is not the time to "see what he can do".

Ummmm...if Theo were to pull this series out of the fire, you'd never ever ever hear me doubt him again that's for sure. And if he were to, then starting Garon would be insane! haha...

Cap

Kafka 04-29-2004 04:02 PM

Quote:

If we never try him, we will never know. The only error you can make is not to try something....

JohnnyB11 04-29-2004 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitano
Ummmm...if Theo were to pull this series out of the fire, you'd never ever ever hear me doubt him again that's for sure. And if he were to, then starting Garon would be insane! haha...

Cap

:lol:

Heheh, yeah that would be something! Go Jose! :handclap:

JohnnyB11 04-29-2004 04:05 PM

Quote:

If we never try him, we will never know. The only error you can make is not to try something....

I disagree, trying something different in goal in this particular instance would definitely be an error. I know you're itching to get Garon in there, but now is not the time.

Habber 04-29-2004 04:07 PM

Hey why don't we replace Koivu and Kovalev with Higgins and Hossa? Koivu and Kovy haven't won us any games this series, so I guess they should sit. Sure Higgins and Hossa don't have any playoff experience, but they've got lots of potential and its a good opportunity for them to show us what they can do under pressure. We might as well since we're down 3-0 we can shake things up a bit.

See how silly it sounds? We have to put our best team forward tonight to try to win the game. Theo is the best we have right now, so he gets the start.

Kafka 04-29-2004 04:12 PM

So were you guys unhappy when Theodore started game 4 agains the NJ Devils instead of Thibault???

By the way, the comparison of Higgins-Hossa and Koivu-Kovalev shows how poor are your arguments. The Bulldogs are playing tonight. Garon will be benched tonight. Komisarek will join the Dogs for sure if the Habs lose tonight.

You guys can think differently then in the Gazette... you have free minds!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Really!

eddy 04-29-2004 04:21 PM

I would go with Theodore still, he is a great goalie when on his game and I think the type of guy who after a rough game really comes out the next game to redeem himself and I have a good feeling he'll do that tonight.

Kafka 04-29-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy
I would go with Theodore still, he is a great goalie when on his game and I think the type of guy who after a rough game really comes out the next game to redeem himself and I have a good feeling he'll do that tonight.

The scenario is looking like the one two years ago against Carolina...... after we lost a game in overtime, Habs lost 5-1 and then 8-2.

Kafka 04-29-2004 04:49 PM

Ok, I understand all your posts after reading the article parts of Jack Todd's article.... I was joking about being able to think differently then the Gazette, but now, I'm serious about it.

markov` 04-29-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Hey, what would've happened if Julien would have started with Garon in game 5? We would probably have lost...and look where we are now.

Don't take any chance, and start with Theo. He's gonna steal the game tonight.

Kafka 04-29-2004 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markov`
Hey, what would've happened if Julien would have started with Garon in game 5? We would probably have lost...and look where we are now.

Don't take any chance, and start with Theo. He's gonna steal the game tonight.

Thing is that Habs OUTPLAYED Boston in games two, three and four. It is just not the case presently. Don't you guys be blinded by stats... they don't provide all the infos you need.