HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Rumor: Blog says Coyotes are moving to Winnipeg (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=747328)

kingbrutis 03-07-2010 10:11 AM

Blog says Coyotes are moving to Winnipeg

It's on hockeybuzz, so take that for whats it's worth. It really bothers me because of the silence of the deal with IEH. He says it's almost a done deal.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=26818

FutureGM97 03-07-2010 10:19 AM

that doesn't sound good.

Mayo Taco Monday 03-07-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingbrutis (Post 24351700)
It's on hockeybuzz, so take that for whats it's worth. It really bothers me because of the silence of the deal with IEH. He says it's almost a done deal.

Well, my mood is ruined. I sure am getting sick of the god damn ****ing emotional roller coaster.:rant:

MP 03-07-2010 10:38 AM

I see that somebody forgot to just say no.

Again.

Colt45Blast 03-07-2010 10:52 AM

Its just another idiot with a blog. We were told by another blogger that Atlanta was going to Winnipeg and Coyotes heading to KC while the Moose move too SK.
Posted via Mobile Device

SuperDave21 03-07-2010 11:01 AM

I don't believe it for a second. The guy is painfully biased and gives no credible evidence to support his claim. He's a bag of hot air. Not only that, he can't write his way out of a wet paper bag. It's a blog full of plot holes and spelling errors. Pay no attention, nothing to see here folks.

EDIT: Ok, after reading it a second time, it's even more laughable. The blogger (who I can't find anywhere else on Google) gives no facts to support his claim. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. For those of you with a BA degree in any discipline, what's the one point stressed in writing/research classes? Gather facts and support those facts with undisputed evidence. This Peter Tessier guy not only never supports any of his "facts," but his main "points" are nothing more than speculation and hearsay, coupled with opinion and rumor. In the first paragraph he states, " It is a report from a very close person to the principals who has heard this is in place and ready to happen." His "news" and/or "article" and/or "facts" are all going off of a "guy he knows." That's it.

Stop paying attention to this kind of nonsense.

shadowwolf 03-07-2010 11:04 AM

well if this is true, I won't be renewing my subscription to the hockey news and center ice.

diceone 03-07-2010 11:12 AM

I don't buy it. HockeyBuzz is definitely not reputable. The Coyotes are doing great now and the attendance is getting better.

Also wasn't the reason the NHL bought the Coyotes to keep them in Phoenix?

Colt45Blast 03-07-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diceone (Post 24352313)
I don't buy it. HockeyBuzz is definitely not reputable. The Coyotes are doing great now and the attendance is getting better.

Actually the team was brought by the NHL for:
1. To see to it that a sports league and not a bankruptcy court determines who shall be the owner of a team and where a team should play.
2. To have more meetings with potentional buyers and Glendale when he dust has settled down.

Also its still not guaranteed the Coyotes will be here until the league makes things official and relocation is a last resort if no one is willing to keep the team here.
Posted via Mobile Device

welcomebackwinnipeg 03-07-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diceone (Post 24352313)

I don't buy it either. Now I'm not sure because I was pretty young when the Jets left Winnipeg, but did their attendance not get better as they were leaving the city as well?

I'm in no way saying you are losing your team, I hope you don't. Just a general question. I'm not sure if that's a good excuse for them not to be leaving. I hope however, that this whole thing pulls through and the city of Phoenix can keep their NHL team.

Art.Vandelay 03-07-2010 11:28 AM

I don't believe a thing I read on Hockeybuzz. But there are more and more stories popping up claiming that the Coyotes are indeed moving and there is almost no information coming from IEH or the NHL. I'm starting to get the horrible feeling that the NHL is playing hardball with IEH because they know they can move the team somewhere else and get A LOT more money than if they keep it here. They can release a statement that says "Well we gave it our best shot" and take the money and run.

I TRULY hope I am wrong, but I really have a bad feeling here.

diceone 03-07-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaPride (Post 24352407)
Actually the team was brought by the NHL for:
1. To see to it that a sports league and not a bankruptcy court determines who shall be the owner of a team and where a team should play.
2. To have more meetings with potentional buyers and Glendale when he dust has settled down.

Also its still not guaranteed the Coyotes will be here until the league makes things official and relocation is a last resort if no one is willing to keep the team here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good to know. I wasn't able to follow hockey for a couple of years so I had no idea what was going on with the business side of the Coyotes. I heard in passing that they were already sold and moving to Hamilton when I was gone and I was devastated.

I still don't buy it, I'm thinking they'll stay.

And if something does happen, the NHL will lose a fan. The Coyotes are my team and I won't be care much for any of the others.

XX 03-07-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

What I know is that there are people planning season ticket purchases and getting ready to promote for Corp support.
That is the entire basis for this rumor, straight from that guys mouth, on the message board @ hockeybuzz

So, in a word, ********.

Bob McKenzie also nixed Bettman being in Winnipeg, apparently.

Keep in mind that Eklund needs to generate page views, and thus is known to make up complete ********.

SuperDave21 03-07-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 24352527)
That is the entire basis for this rumor, straight from that guys mouth, on the message board @ hockeybuzz

So, in a word, ********.

Bob McKenzie also nixed Bettman being in Winnipeg, apparently.

Keep in mind that Eklund needs to generate page views, and thus is known to make up complete ********.

Exactly.

The blog's author is not even close to a credible source. He's a hack at best and crack pot at worst. Awful writing, poor grammar and punctuation, facts are not facts at all, but instead speculation based off of another unvalidated source. Like I said, this blog is nothing more than tabloid. Despicable journalism and piss poor "reporting."

EDIT: I went back to the article to see if there was a way to contact the blog's author. There is, but only as a private message on HockeyBuzz. What a tool! ALL credible reporters and journalists give an email address to contact them at the very least in case of questions regarding the article in any way. This guy is the epitome of poor journalism and I will PM his as much.

mouser 03-07-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay (Post 24352479)
I'm starting to get the horrible feeling that the NHL is playing hardball with IEH because they know they can move the team somewhere else and get A LOT more money than if they keep it here.

On that note, the NHL could get even more money if they sold new expansion teams to those other locations.

Rabbit 03-07-2010 11:52 AM

C'mon guys, they were so sure Atlanta was as well, until the NHL officials stepped in and said "What the hell are you talking about"

If this were true, we'd hear something bigger than an article from "hockeybuzz"

I will start freaking out if TSN puts it on their site.

SuperDave21 03-07-2010 11:53 AM

Here's what I PM'd him:

"Mr. Tessier,

I am at a loss of words regarding your article. Not only did you "report" on something that is complete hearsay from an unvalidated source, but you state personal opinions and speculation as facts, and then fail to support your claims with any substantiated evidence. If I were a professor at any college or university in the United States, I would post your article as a prime example of poor journalism and written composition. The article not only contains poor grammar and spelling errors, but it reads like it was written by a fifth grader. I would be ashamed and embarrassed if I were you."

SuperDave21 03-07-2010 12:05 PM

Per Bob McKenzie's Twitter:

Posted March 4th: "Once and for all people, this "story" that the Thrashers' move to Winnipeg is imminent is completely and utterly false. Keep getting asked."

Posted March 4th: "Zero validity. Bettman isn't in Winnipeg, hasn't been in Winnipeg. Yet many people keep saying it's happening. And I don't believe it is."

Bob McKenzie is a respected journalist with actual connections and ties to the NHL. He doesn't report on information unless he knows it's true.

kingbrutis 03-07-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperDave21 (Post 24352794)
Here's what I PM'd him:

"Mr. Tessier,

I am at a loss of words regarding your article. Not only did you "report" on something that is complete hearsay from an unvalidated source, but you state personal opinions and speculation as facts, and then fail to support your claims with any substantiated evidence. If I were a professor at any college or university in the United States, I would post your article as a prime example of poor journalism and written composition. The article not only contains poor grammar and spelling errors, but it reads like it was written by a fifth grader. I would be ashamed and embarrassed if I were you."

If you read the comments below the blog, seems as everyone except Winnipegers are saying it's completely made up. At this point, it is up to people with way more money and way more power than any of us. I got tax money back and bought a ticket and playoff package. If they were to move, I'd be heartbroken. I'd at least be able to take my 5 yr old to game and enjoy our team while they are here. Playoff game atmosphere should be F-ing amazing!!! Those memories will always be something to cherish.

rj 03-07-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingbrutis (Post 24351700)

I'll comment nothing on this story other than I saw this as the most recent post for the Southwest Division.

Dude, relax, journalism isn't yet to the point that blogs count as credible sources for such rumors. :laugh:

SuperDave21 03-07-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingbrutis (Post 24353085)
If you read the comments below the blog, seems as everyone except Winnipegers are saying it's completely made up. At this point, it is up to people with way more money and way more power than any of us. I got tax money back and bought a ticket and playoff package. If they were to move, I'd be heartbroken. I'd at least be able to take my 5 yr old to game and enjoy our team while they are here. Playoff game atmosphere should be F-ing amazing!!! Those memories will always be something to cherish.

Yea I know, but I am sick and tired of poor journalism and journalists in this day and age. Every rumor is reported as fact because some 2 bit hack writer has an internet connection and an opinion. Screw that. It's time to start questioning these people or else this kind of stuff will run amok.

I hope your 5 year old enjoys the games! I wish I had that kind of experience when I was little, but I'm an AZ native so hockey didn't arrive in my life until the Coyotes came to town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj (Post 24353114)
I'll comment nothing on this story other than I saw this as the most recent post for the Southwest Division.

Dude, relax, journalism isn't yet to the point that blogs count as credible sources for such rumors. :laugh:

I can't relax. The moment a person is not questioned on where he/she got their facts is the moment blogs become credible sources. I'm sorry, but the entire HockeyBuzz website should be labeled as a tabloid and nothing more, so these kinds of things don't make it around as "news." I'm an English major with a minor in History so I was taught, time and time again, to support any and all claims to the fullest. If it cannot be supported then it should not be written. However, if it is written, then everyone has the right to question your credibility and validity of your statements.

kingbrutis 03-07-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperDave21 (Post 24353299)
I hope your 5 year old enjoys the games! I wish I had that kind of experience when I was little, but I'm an AZ native so hockey didn't arrive in my life until the Coyotes came to town.

I was lucky enough to grow up in MD. We had Skins and Caps season tickets. The Caps playoff runs were some of the most thrilling and heartbreaking memories of my life. The Pens and Lemiux ruined so many of a little boy dreams. Dale Hunter has and will always be my fav player of all time. Back to the Yotes, thats why it's so important to me that my son feels involved. He looks at Doan like I did Hunter. No matter what happens off the ice, we still have the Coyotes for now. Getting ready to go to the Carnival.

moosemeister 03-07-2010 12:53 PM

Ahh. What people do when their favorite team isn't on TV that night.

CitizenCoyote 03-07-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperDave21 (Post 24353299)

My father took me to my first hockey game when I was about 5, I would guess. I'm told that Gordie Howe scored. Frankly, the games before I was about 11 or so are a blur. The first one I remember that really stands out is the game where Mark Howe was seriously injured by the old style goal in the game that ultimately led to the development of Marsh pegs. Everytime I see them putting a goal on pegs, I remember that night and the blood on the ice. It was gruesome.

Anyway, being a hockey fan since age 5 is not all it's cracked up to be sometimes. If the Coyotes don't stay in the desert, I'll have the distinction of seeing my two favorite teams move on me in 25 years. I probably have a fairly unique perspective of someone to whom this has previously happened, and the thought of going through it again is awful, particularly now that my own son is so into the Coyotes.

SH1VERmeT1MBERS 03-07-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoyotesVisitor (Post 24353997)
My father took me to my first hockey game when I was about 5, I would guess. I'm told that Gordie Howe scored. Frankly, the games before I was about 11 or so are a blur. The first one I remember that really stands out is the game where Mark Howe was seriously injured by the old style goal in the game that ultimately led to the development of Marsh pegs. Everytime I see them putting a goal on pegs, I remember that night and the blood on the ice. It was gruesome.

Anyway, being a hockey fan since age 5 is not all it's cracked up to be sometimes. If the Coyotes don't stay in the desert, I'll have the distinction of seeing my two favorite teams move on me in 25 years. I probably have a fairly unique perspective of someone to whom this has previously happened, and the thought of going through it again is awful, particularly now that my own son is so into the Coyotes.

I'm right there with you...I'm a Browns fan. Yes...the Browns. :(