HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Does Sather or Torts gett fired when we don't make the playoffs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=748967)

Section311 03-11-2010 07:41 AM

Does Sather or Torts gett fired when we don't make the playoffs

Since its probably going to be the first time we dont make the playoffs since 2004, do you think Sather will fire Torts? Or even better since Dolan wont make his millions in playoff revenue, do you think he will actually fire Sather?

Section311 03-11-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ze Agitator (Post 24431732)
We made the Playoffs in 2006, that will be the first time since 2004.. ;)

I actually knew that...thanks I will fix it

King of cool 03-11-2010 07:53 AM

And I deleted my post. :laugh: :shakehead

EDIT: But seriously, somewhere in my mind, I do hope a new GM takes over the job, I don't mind the coach if both work hand in hand to make this team win.

EDIT2: And are competent of course...

AJRanger 03-11-2010 07:54 AM

I'd like to think Sather would fire himself.

Staals Eye 03-11-2010 07:56 AM

Torts is not going to get fired.

azrok22 03-11-2010 07:57 AM

No.

However, I think missing the playoffs makes it a lot more likely that Redden gets fired to start next season (ie: sent to Hartford).

FOXHOUND* 03-11-2010 07:58 AM

No to both

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-11-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azrok22 (Post 24431788)
No.

However, I think missing the playoffs makes it a lot more likely that Redden gets fired to start next season (ie: sent to Hartford).

Based on what?

HAPPY HOUR 03-11-2010 08:06 AM

Wade Redden makes me sad.

Can't imagine the word that will explain my feelings for him next season.

Didn't think that there would be a contract worse than Kamenskys..till this crap flew south from Ottawa.

Stugots 03-11-2010 08:07 AM

Neither goes, Sather overhauls half the roster again this summer, and we are in the same position next year as we are now. Hate to be such a downer but what this organization has done in the past, I find it hard to expect anything more.

azrok22 03-11-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 24431800)
Based on what?

The fact that Sather's hands are tied regarding contracts, and he'll want to make changes. The only way he'll have money to make those changes is to clear salary (and because of Drury's NMC, his hands are tied even further). Not to mention Torts isn't exactly fond of Redden.

I find it hard to believe that Sather will keep the status quo next season, and I believe that Redden will be the casualty to facilitate Sather's annual July shopping.

HAPPY HOUR 03-11-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stugots (Post 24431824)
Neither goes, Sather overhauls half the roster again this summer, and we are in the same position next year as we are now. Hate to be such a downer but what this organization has done in the past, I find it hard to expect anything more.

And we probably woudn't be any better if the roster stays the same. Its a lose lose situation.

ChipAyten 03-11-2010 08:14 AM

Torts will stay, and unfortunately so will Sather.

RangerBoy 03-11-2010 09:02 AM

If you want change,root for the Rangers to miss the playoffs. Dolan doesn't get his playoff revenue. One playoff home game is worth $1-1.5 million. No TV revenue for MSG. He has to give the playoff $ back. Don't let them hold it as a deposit 4 next season. They make millions just off the interest. Dolan can't raise ticket prices next season if the Rangers miss the playoffs. Hurt him in his wallet and he understands that.

BroadwayBlues 03-11-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 24432179)
If you want change,root for the Rangers to miss the playoffs. Dolan doesn't get his playoff revenue. One playoff home game is worth $1-1.5 million. No TV revenue for MSG. He has to give the playoff $ back. Don't let them hold it as a deposit 4 next season. They make millions just off the interest. Dolan can't raise ticket prices next season if the Rangers miss the playoffs. Hurt him in his wallet and he understands that.

What kind of change? Firing another coach? Unless Sather is gone nothing will change.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-11-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azrok22 (Post 24431826)
The fact that Sather's hands are tied regarding contracts, and he'll want to make changes. The only way he'll have money to make those changes is to clear salary (and because of Drury's NMC, his hands are tied even further). Not to mention Torts isn't exactly fond of Redden.

I find it hard to believe that Sather will keep the status quo next season, and I believe that Redden will be the casualty to facilitate Sather's annual July shopping.

How is that related to the playoffs? His hands are tied regardless.

BobSantos 03-11-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues (Post 24432204)
What kind of change? Firing another coach? Unless Sather is gone nothing will change.

The kind of change may be:

1) Kids mature another year.

2) We pick up a solid defender over the summer - the kind of guy Sather tried but failed to get last summer.

3) ? Maybe a big move to (and I know I may be walking on thin ice with this one) unload some of our bigger names to acquire and disperse talent around the lineup, instead of concentrating it in one/two positions. ?

4) Hopefully, lastly, a good draft.

With Sather or without him, it seems these things (except #3) should happen.

azrok22 03-11-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 24432288)
How is that related to the playoffs? His hands are tied regardless.

It's very related.

If we make the playoffs - status quo is fine for another year, because "look, we just made the playoffs and earned several million dollars in revenue from the few additional home games we played!"

If we miss the playoffs - Dolan is out several million dollars in lost revenue and there's more pressure to field a substantially different team next year in order to show the "improvement."

In order to have cap space to substantially alter the team, I think he buries Redden.

HockeyBasedNYC 03-11-2010 09:39 AM

Sather is going to step down but remain president, and Messier will take over as GM.

Then we will have to live through the growing pains of a rookie GM for 3 years, who is under the tutelage of Sather.

Sather knows better. He knows this is the 5th year in his tenure they've missed the playoffs and only has 2 playoff series wins to show for 10 years of work. Dolan isnt the type to flat out fire someone unless they have criminal charges against them.

So Sather will not suffer the embarrassment of being publicly terminated like he should be, just like all the pink slips hes handed out in the past. This team has seen more of a turnover in players and coaches than probably any team in the league over that ten year period. Yet the one responsible for it will be allowed to step down gracefully and hand over the reins to his chosen predecessor. That way his nepotism will continue once hes gone.

This team should be fully changed at the top, not some half-assed restructuring similar to the new roster we see each training camp. Nothing is done with the right plan in the organization and it starts with the owner. He allows it all to take place. Nothing is really going to change until the ownership is changed.

Its extremely unfair.

ogie 03-11-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azrok22 (Post 24431788)
No.

I love how people seem to think Wade Redden is the ultimate problem with this team. Like getting rid of him will fix everything.

Jersey Girl 03-11-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogie (Post 24432592)
I love how people seem to think Wade Redden is the ultimate problem with this team. Like getting rid of him will fix everything.

Very true. And even if they do somehow get out from under that contract, the person who will decide what to do with that additional cap space is the same guy who threw money at Redden in the first place.

Nothing will change until Sather finally outlives the job.

Radek27 03-11-2010 09:56 AM

If Sather isn't fired I'm gonna have to throw a friggin fit because i'm going to feel my hockey team is being held hostage by an idiot. "Wade Redden is one of the best first passers in the game" Why would I feel confident about this man's ability to fix my hockey team? This gives the fans zero hope when we know we are smarter than him.

HockeyBasedNYC 03-11-2010 09:59 AM

I'd love to know what coach out there can take this team as currently constructed and turn them into a contender.

For crying out loud Torts has had one year with this team... Can we at least give him 2 or 3 to see if things turn around?

If thats the case we should get rid of Dubinsky because hes not a star yet, Gilroy because hes sub-par, Anisimov and Del Zotto too. no patience.

At least Renney had a nice tenure here, and it could be argued it was time to make a change.

WhipNash27 03-11-2010 09:59 AM

Fire everyone. Start over. I'm tired of this garbage.

Bleed Ranger Blue 03-11-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogie (Post 24432592)

He is the biggest problem.