HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings News: Williams Activated - Will Play Fri / Bernier Will Start / Quick on Paternity Leave (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=749140)

JBernierFan 03-11-2010 01:30 PM

Williams Activated - Will Play Fri / Bernier Will Start / Quick on Paternity Leave

http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=4563

Quick's wife went into labor. Bernier to the Kings in Dallas! :handclap:

onlyalad 03-11-2010 01:35 PM

I did not think they would call him up. I wonder if it is a straight call up or (my guess) an emergency call up. Kings only have(had) 3 call ups left. Details to follow I am sure.

TwzKing 03-11-2010 01:36 PM

Please oh please let him play

CTKingsFan 03-11-2010 01:39 PM

I'd still say let Ersberg play.... Bernier has been shaking of late... He was yanked last night after the 5th goal in the 2nd. Matters how long Quick is with his wife, but for Dallas i'd give the nod to Ersberg. (more experience)

and congrats to Quick!!

Rommel 03-11-2010 01:41 PM

Congrats Quick!!

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 03-11-2010 02:01 PM

I'd say give Bernier a taste. . he's deserved it for his hard work down in Manchester

CTKingsFan 03-11-2010 02:05 PM

I can't believe how many fans want to throw an rookie goalie in net in the middle of march while in a dog fight with Coyotes for a home ice in the playoffs. Kings fans have been out of the playoffs for too long. You just don't do that! It makes no sense. Not to mention the potential rift it could cause in the lock room, and the disrespect to Ersberg, you can't just disrespect your players like that. Ersberg is the more proven goalie. You give him the start .

T2M 03-11-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingOmatic (Post 24436303)
I can't believe how many fans want to throw an rookie goalie in net in the middle of march while in a dog fight with Coyotes for a home ice in the playoffs. Kings fans have been out of the playoffs for too long. You just don't do that! It makes no sense. Not to mention the potential rift it could cause in the lock room, and the disrespect to Ersberg, you can't just disrespect your players like that. Ersberg is the more proven goalie. You give him the start .

I'm with you on the respect issue, but frankly, at this point I'd say Bernier is the guy who's more ready to start just because he has been starting. Ersberg probably forgets what it's like to have other teams shoot at him. They should have started him in the Columbus game. Either one starting tomorrow is fine with me.

Telos 03-11-2010 02:23 PM

They had to know this was coming with Quick's wife being due around this time... Used 2/4...1/2 of our call-ups allowed after the deadline so far unless this qualifies as an emergency call-up. I think Bernier should play for that price. Give him a game.

Telos 03-11-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingOmatic (Post 24436303)

I am sure Ersberg is knowledgeable of his professional position in the NHL and won't have his feelings hurt. He is a backup goaltender any way you slice it. Bernier, on the other hand, has been groomed to be a starter from day 1. Bernier is already making more money than Ersberg only having played 4 NHL games. It isn't like Bernier hasn't earned a start as well. In the end, it is the coach's decision, which I hope is dictated purely by which option gives the Kings the best chance to win, but I don't see any real disrespect or problem with giving Bernier a chance in goal.

palffytofrovlov 03-11-2010 02:37 PM

Let Bernier play!!!! :yo: We have been waiting for this for 2 1/2 years now since October of 2007....No disrespect to Ersberg, but I think Bernier deserves this shot more then him.

Shellz 03-11-2010 02:38 PM

Awww. Congrats Quick! Hope the little one is healthy :)

JDM 03-11-2010 02:44 PM

If ever there was a team to throw Bernier in against, it would be Dallas since they are incapable of beating us.

Still, Ersberg should play.

It would be funny tho if Bernier played against Dallas then got sent back to Manch, so he gets the game everyone has been clamoring for him to get but no one gets to see it! Hahaha.

JDM 03-11-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 24436782)
He is a backup goaltender any way you slice it. .

Yes, and a backups job is to play when the regular starter can't, like now. Bernier should ride the pine.

BallPointHammer 03-11-2010 02:50 PM

If the Kings don't use Ersberg while Quick is out, than they my as well just get rid of him altogether because it would be obvious to EVERYONE that the team has no confidence in him whatsoever. Play Ersberg! He's earned the opportunity.

RAZZIE King 03-11-2010 02:52 PM

I hope to find an open feed for that Dallas game...

BallPointHammer 03-11-2010 02:57 PM

Anyone who doesn't have NHL Center Ice - it turns out only 1 game all season will not have been televised - November 7 at home against Nashville. I think that is a record.

RonSwanson* 03-11-2010 02:57 PM

As much as he deserves it, I kinda hope Bernier doesn't start the game, unless L.A. plans on keeping him up permanently -- which is likely not gonna happen.

1. Ersberg would lose a ton of confidence
2. Bernier could get rocked and then how does that look to both him and Ersberg?

SLang 03-11-2010 03:07 PM

1. Congrats to Quick

2. I'd like to see Bernier play but understand if Ersberg starts.

3. Center Ice on DirecTV: Los Angeles Kings at Dallas Stars 5:30 pm (PT) channel 778, HD channel 778-1 - Dallas feed.

JDM 03-11-2010 03:08 PM

It would be one thing if Quick was going to be out for a while, like 4+ games, but he will likely be back on Sunday, so Bernier is really just a body to have in case Ersberg sucks it up. If we were out of the playoff race then fine, play Bernier, but to give someone a look just for the sake of a look at this point is beyond stupid and it IS insulting to the Iceberg.

Telos 03-11-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 24437047)
Yes, and a backups job is to play when the regular starter can't, like now. Bernier should ride the pine.

Oh, but the starter can play... :)

In the end, seniority is going to win out, but I would give Bernier the look if the decision were mine. Whatever gives us the best chance at points, and to win in the future.

The Black1963 03-11-2010 03:09 PM

For those who say Eberg should start, answer me this.

If we were short on defense and we called up Voinov, should we play Voinov or start either Harrold or 44DD?

JBernierFan 03-11-2010 03:12 PM

Rich just mentioned on LAKingsInsider, the Bernier call up is considered under "emergency conditions". I'm guessing that means it doesn't count as a call up to our total, correct?

JDM 03-11-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RH63 (Post 24437454)
For those who say Eberg should start, answer me this.

If we were short on defense and we called up Voinov, should we play Voinov or start either Harrold or 44DD?

Harrold or DD, easily.

You all underestimate the importance of having been practicing with the team for the entire season versus getting thrown into the frying pan with little to no warning, even if that call-up is the better talent or the long term solution.

Telos 03-11-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBernierFan (Post 24437498)
Rich just mentioned on LAKingsInsider, the Bernier call up is considered under "emergency conditions". I'm guessing that means it doesn't count as a call up to our total, correct?

Yeah, we are still 1/4. Ersberg is going to get the start too, so Bernier will likely be on the bench for this one and back in Manchester for by the next game.