HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   GDT: Flyers @ Leafs GAME 4 19:00 EST (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=74959)

Teezax 04-30-2004 12:23 PM

GDT: Flyers @ Leafs GAME 4 19:00 EST

No need to make thi slong. Bottom line is to get this win, take the 3-1 lead, and put this series in the books when we return to Philadelphia. The new lines for tonight look a little odd, but let's see how it all pans out. Hitch knows better than all of us how to adapt to new situations, so let's wait this out and hope for a happy ending. For god's sake he better keep them focused for that ghastly 2nd period that has really been hurting us in these playoffs. Flyers will match the intensity tonight and come out big.

Flyers 2
Leafs 1

Coburnfan05 04-30-2004 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
No need to make thi slong. Bottom line is to get this win, take the 3-1 lead, and put this series in the books when we return to Philadelphia. The new lines for tonight look a little odd, but let's see how it all pans out. Hitch knows better than all of us how to adapt to new situations, so let's wait this out and hope for a happy ending. For god's sake he better keep them focused for that ghastly 2nd period that has really been hurting us in these playoffs. Flyers will match the intensity tonight and come out big.

Flyers 2
Leafs 1

I agree the lineup does look weird. Here is what I would go with:

JR-Archie-Amonte
Gags-Prims-Rex
Leclair-Zus-Kaps
Brash-Sharp-Radio

We need to be very physicall in the 1st period to take the crowd out of it and be wary of the second period.

Phi - 3 (Zus, Ragnarsson, Reechi in OT )
Tor - (Leetch, Tucker)

CNote 04-30-2004 01:24 PM

according to Hitch on philly.com he said Zeus will get bumped down and Johnny goes up to the top line....

LeClair-Roenick-Recchi
Gagne-Zhamnov-Amonte
Brashear-Primeau-Kapanen
Somik-Handzus-Radivojovic

-cnote-

bennysflyers16 04-30-2004 01:37 PM

We need this bad, Tampa is going to be really rested, no need to go 7 games. I am expecting the Fly boyz best game of the season !!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!

blah 04-30-2004 01:50 PM

Looks good on paper, hopefully they can play well and roll all 4.

JOHNBOY 04-30-2004 01:52 PM

I am very nervous about this game?!?!?!

We win, then we take a commanding 3-1 lead...
We lose it is a whole now ballgame, 2-2...
I am not going to make a prediction for this one.

This is such a critical game!!

GO FLYERS

:banana:

z0llie 04-30-2004 02:18 PM

i think mixing the lines up for a least the start of the game might work.

ObeySteve 04-30-2004 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z0llie
i think mixing the lines up for a least the start of the game might work.

Hitchcock mixed up the lines in Game 2 or so, and that sure hasn't done much to help.

Teezax 04-30-2004 02:23 PM

Is it just me, or is mixing with chemistry at this point in the season not a good idea? I don't understand the mentality if splitting up JR and Archie, they were really starting to click. Hitch is trying to light a fire under the butts of Rex and Leclair by putting JR with 'em, I doubt this move will fix anything. Leclair is done, he is unfixable.

ObeySteve 04-30-2004 02:29 PM

Couldn't agree more....you hit everything I was going to say.

Nikkowar 04-30-2004 02:45 PM

Since I won't be seeing the game(Bodom concert!!!!!),I'll post my well wishes here!

GO FLYERS!!!!! :yo:

FlyHigh 04-30-2004 04:18 PM

Way to go Hitch by switching up our hot line of JR-Zhamnov-Amonte. Hopefully they will still be together on the PP. I think Preems will step up and have a good game and Gagne could be okay. This is an absolute must-win, we do not want to be looking at a 2-2 series with the Leafs having all the momentum and possibly a Nolan return to the line-up. We need to wrap this one up in five so that we aren't too tired to play Tampa. No predictions...

Flyman 04-30-2004 05:06 PM

We must win tonight! The guys have to show they have balls! The trash comments by Al Mo and Antropov have to be punished, and I'm confident in Markov doing that job!

GO FLYERS !!!!

Brad* 04-30-2004 05:30 PM

Flyers win tonight, and they win the series.

GKJ 04-30-2004 05:40 PM

If the Flyers lose tonight, it won't matter if we win the series because Tampa is going to smoke us. If we get rest i think there is a chance but i am not confiendent at all going to play Tampa Bay as it is.

Flyers 4
Leafs 1

King Fish 04-30-2004 05:44 PM

We win 3-1 tonight. We will need to protect Johnson as they will be slashing at his hand. Goals: (Primeau, JR, Pitkanen) Leafs: (Tucker)

Augustus 04-30-2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Flyers win tonight, and they win the series.

Yes, I quite agree with you. If Leafs play with the intensity they did in game 3, and keep it up, then I think we can defeat the Flyers. However, it has not been their history under Quinn to keep this kind of effort up game after game, a good reason why they haven't been to the Finals in decades.

That being said, IF they can keep up this intensity (and not go into penalty box, something else they haven't yet proven to me) then I think we advance.

Game 4 is, as you say, do or die for the Leafs.

Hope they do.

slapshotflyer 04-30-2004 06:04 PM

Nearly game time.

Lets Go Flyers!!!

slapshotflyer 04-30-2004 06:10 PM

Anyone know why the NHL.com radio feed for WIP is actually broadcasting MOJO Leaf radio? Is there a problem with the WIP feed?

Anyone care? :shakehead

EDIT: Got it sorted. Game started. :yo:

JOHNBOY 04-30-2004 06:24 PM

GOAL!!!!!!!!!

Gagne!!

:banana:

Upcoming PP!!!!

JOHNBOY 04-30-2004 06:27 PM

Wow, what the hell kind of penalty was that??

:shakehead

Sum1winachampionship 04-30-2004 06:27 PM

Seriously, I'm in DC and I interfered with Belfour more than LeClair did right there

z0llie 04-30-2004 06:27 PM

Wow Mcreary Is So Cut. I Thought That You Had To Touch The Goaltender To Interfere With Him. That Is By Far The Worst Call I Have Ever Seen

Toonces 04-30-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z0llie
Wow Mcreary Is So Cut. I Thought That You Had To Touch The Goaltender To Interfere With Him. That Is By Far The Worst Call I Have Ever Seen

Well, that one phantom high sticking call on Brashear will always take the cake.

It was pretty bad though.

Steve L* 04-30-2004 06:31 PM

Does goalie interference now include breaking wind on him cause thats all LeClair could have done.

Just another in a long line of brutal calls.