HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preds move up on draft day?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=749841)

lightning_legwand* 03-13-2010 01:37 PM

Preds move up on draft day??
 
Do any of you guys think that we will try to move up on draft day possibly??

I mean if negotiations are not going well with Hamhuis and Ellis come draft day, plus we have a 1st round pick, Do you think we could be wheeling and dealing possibly??

The reason that I ask is because I am just loving the play of Wilson and Hornqvist as of late. I think those two could possibly be the future of our offense, especially with Sully and Arny not getting any younger.

But outside of Patric and Colin, who is next in line for young forwards???

Budish?? How is he doin this season??
O'Reilly?? Can he produce at the same level as Hornqvist and Wilson??



I would not mind seeing a top 5-7 draft pick of a skilled forward entering our system in July!


Who knows, we could swing any kind of deal. Especially if Radulov also agrees to come back to NHL for next season (his KHL contact is up then), could be interesting on draft day!!

Any thoughts??

Paranoid Android 03-13-2010 03:31 PM

Considering we don't have a 2nd round pick, it's pretty unlikely that we will be able to move up. You also have to remember that moving up into the top 10 is a pretty rare occurrence. Most GMs want the best possible pick and a situation like the Islanders were in a couple years ago is not common.

There also looks like there will be mostly defensemen in the 5-9 slots according to some early rankings, but who knows at this point.

P.S. Radulov still has one more year left on his KHL contract, so he is not coming back next season.

lightning_legwand* 03-13-2010 04:40 PM

He has another year left after this one?? really???

I thought last season was his last, then I found out this season was his last year, and now I find out he has next season still as well?? Brutal!

Is he signed on in the KHL til he is 30?? lol


Also,
Just because we do not have a 2nd rounder doesn't mean we will not move up. You are probably right about not in the top ten, but we can always trade anything in next years draft picks or players/prospects.

Looks like Taylor Hall will be an Oiler though.

Seth Lake 03-13-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning_legwand (Post 24477122)
He has another year left after this one?? really???

I thought last season was his last, then I found out this season was his last year, and now I find out he has next season still as well?? Brutal!

Is he signed on in the KHL til he is 30?? lol


Also,
Just because we do not have a 2nd rounder doesn't mean we will not move up. You are probably right about not in the top ten, but we can always trade anything in next years draft picks or players/prospects.

Looks like Taylor Hall will be an Oiler though.

Radulov signed a three-year contract that began last season. He has one more year left...

lightning_legwand* 03-13-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 24477734)
Radulov signed a three-year contract that began last season. He has one more year left...

So one more year eh! Well get er done I guess eh!

Do you think he even plays for us again or we just trade him?

PredsV82 03-14-2010 06:38 PM

Poile obviously will make a move to get a player he wants(thats how we got Wilson after all) but I would actually think if this is a weak draft (isnt that the rumor?) that poile would be more likely to trade down than up.

PredsV82 03-14-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning_legwand (Post 24479497)
So one more year eh! Well get er done I guess eh!

Do you think he even plays for us again or we just trade him?

we will make him play for us. It will actually be quite useful to have a top 6 forward available at less than 1 million dollars the year that Arnott and Sully are presumably going to be gone... in fact having him might give us the money to re-sign sully or Arnott if it suits poile

Brodeur 03-19-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 24500840)
Poile obviously will make a move to get a player he wants(thats how we got Wilson after all) but I would actually think if this is a weak draft (isnt that the rumor?) that poile would be more likely to trade down than up.

2010 is generally considered a better than average draft. Might be a perceived dropoff after the top 3 but the guys in the 10-30 range look comparable to 2008/2009. Definitely seems like a forward heavy year in the first round. But I agree that you guys seem more likely to trade down than to trade up at this rate.

worstfaceoffmanever 03-19-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 24500840)
Poile obviously will make a move to get a player he wants(thats how we got Wilson after all) but I would actually think if this is a weak draft (isnt that the rumor?) that poile would be more likely to trade down than up.

This is a very solid draft class, especially for everyone's favorite hockey pariah, Russia.

I would say the guy we're looking at is Quinton Howden out of Moose Jaw. 6'3" wingers with his speed don't come along too often.

Enoch 03-19-2010 08:17 PM

We should be sitting in the high teens/low 20s, so unless we are absolutely in love with a guy in the top 5-7.....we should probably stay put. We have a very good track record in this area of the draft. Rest easy :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.