HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Why a day game? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=749879)

estevao 03-13-2010 03:37 PM

Why a day game?

I know we play like...ONE Saturday day game a year, and this is it...

But could the real reason be that a 7:00 or 7:30 start would break the 22-hour rule, due to Daylight Savings Time?

...it's a conspiracy...

WTFetus 03-13-2010 06:27 PM

Played on earlier this year because of the NFL playoffs if I recall correctly. Probably some viewer conflict.

VP and GM 03-13-2010 07:49 PM

i actually like the day games and always wanted to see more;
1) less TV competition
2) good for younger kids to go
3) lots of time to party after

krudmonk 03-13-2010 08:39 PM

The problem for me is that they're not regular enough for me to even check the time of the game. I just think "the Sharks play at home, so I'll plan my night accordingly." My brother called at the second intermission to say "did you know the Sharks are on right now?"

Blades of Glory 03-13-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VP and GM (Post 24480894)
i actually like the day games and always wanted to see more;
1) less TV competition
2) good for younger kids to go
3) lots of time to party after

There always is a strange atmosphere at the Tank during afternoon games. You get the idea that the adults in attendance aren't exactly awake yet, and I honestly think the players have the same problem. The kids are nice, as is the family atmosphere, but it's a weird atmosphere that really doesn't help the players.

VP and GM 03-13-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades of Glory (Post 24483683)
There always is a strange atmosphere at the Tank during afternoon games. You get the idea that the adults in attendance aren't exactly awake yet, and I honestly think the players have the same problem. The kids are nice, as is the family atmosphere, but it's a weird atmosphere that really doesn't help the players.

It's true! Really hard for the players, their whole game day rountine is off. I hated it myself as a player also...

ChompChomp 03-14-2010 01:06 AM

Aren't there day games because of an arena conflict? I thought that was the reason those are ever scheduled.

I'm not a fan because if I recall correctly, the Sharks historically don't play well in home day games, especially in the playoffs.

HOOCH2173 03-15-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estevao (Post 24476336)
I know we play like...ONE Saturday day game a year, and this is it...

But could the real reason be that a 7:00 or 7:30 start would break the 22-hour rule, due to Daylight Savings Time?

...it's a conspiracy...

Actually there are a total of 2 afternoon games this year. Edmonton was a 1pm game on January 16th.

Usually if the Arena booked a concert or event before the Schedule of the Sharks Home games were set in stone then that could be why. A double booking if you will.

one2gamble 03-15-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChompChomp (Post 24487231)
Aren't there day games because of an arena conflict? I thought that was the reason those are ever scheduled.

I'm not a fan because if I recall correctly, the Sharks historically don't play well in home day games, especially in the playoffs.

alll I know is regardless of record day hockey games are just bad. Early afternoons are made for baseball and football.