HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Another Hockey Bag Thread (Question) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=750716)

Blues88 03-15-2010 08:10 PM

Another Hockey Bag Thread (Question)
 
I have read the other threads involving bags and I have a few questions:

Who has had either of these two bags and which one should I get?

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=EB5K9

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=CB6

They seem to be the same type of quality and quality is what I'm after. Went and looked at Bauer bags a few days ago and they were horrendously thin and cheap.:shakehead

I had an Itech bag for a few years and every pocket has ripped off:handclap:
Terrible. Never again.

If anyone has any other ideas let me hear them. Want to stay ~$50. These seem to be the best deals in terms of quality/pockets vs price.

Thanks alot.

thedonger 03-15-2010 08:23 PM

i see you're in stl. if that's the case, i'd go to your local total hockey and check this bag out: http://totalhockey.net/Product.aspx?...=3443&div_id=2
i believe it's an smu for total hockey and hockeymonkey. i have the warrior version that i purchased from perani's (same exact bag). the material is surprisingly hefty and they're bigger in person than i thought they'd be. i ended up going with the "junior" 32" size as i'd originally ordered the 40 then 36 which were both way too big. i'm 5'8" 200lbs and i still have a ton of room left over in the 32 and the price was right.

Ani simov mal 03-15-2010 09:05 PM

Go with the Reebok.

Blues88 03-15-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedonger (Post 24520742)
i see you're in stl. if that's the case, i'd go to your local total hockey and check this bag out: http://totalhockey.net/Product.aspx?...=3443&div_id=2
i believe it's an smu for total hockey and hockeymonkey. i have the warrior version that i purchased from perani's (same exact bag). the material is surprisingly hefty and they're bigger in person than i thought they'd be. i ended up going with the "junior" 32" size as i'd originally ordered the 40 then 36 which were both way too big. i'm 5'8" 200lbs and i still have a ton of room left over in the 32 and the price was right.

:laugh:Thats funny because I have been looking at that exact bag for a few weeks now. Actually just went up to Total Hockey today and messed around with it. They are huge, I couldnt believe I was looking at a 36". Still, I like having the outer side pockets and these bags have them for around the same price. Good choice though and thanks for the feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anisimov (Post 24521762)
Go with the Reebok.

Thanks. I almost forgot that I cant forgive CCM for the super tacks discontinuation:naughty:.

It is now between these two reeboks.

Thanks alot.

quoth the Raven 03-15-2010 09:32 PM

Go with the first Reebok you posted. I got that exact one and I love it so far. It's roomy and durable and looks really slick as well. :thumbu:

TBLfan 03-16-2010 01:30 AM

If you want a quality bag that will last a while get a SMI, Eagle or Defiant hockey bag. Absolutely the best value considering how long they will last.

timbitca 03-16-2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blues88 (Post 24522149)
I almost forgot that I cant forgive CCM for the super tacks discontinuation:naughty:.

Glad I'm not the only one! :D

shoeshine boy 03-16-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blues88 (Post 24522149)
:laugh:Thats funny because I have been looking at that exact bag for a few weeks now. Actually just went up to Total Hockey today and messed around with it. They are huge, I couldnt believe I was looking at a 36".



according to the description it's 40"x20"x18". I got a Bauer XXXX non-wheel on clearance once that I could have sublet as an apartment in NYC. it's not so much the 40 as it is the 20 that makes these bags just way too freakin' big, imo.
I have this bag: http://www.purehockey.com/ecom/produ...Carry-Bag.html and I absolutely love it. exterior skate pockets plus pockets on both ends and the straps are perfectly sized for slinging over my shoulder.

nystromshairstylist 03-16-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blues88 (Post 24520505)
I have read the other threads involving bags and I have a few questions:

Who has had either of these two bags and which one should I get?

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=EB5K9

I have this one, and after 4 weeks, it's held up well. I don't think any sub -$100 bag will not be destroyed if pounded, but under normal wear this Reebok 5K should be fine for several years at least.

Pedagogue 03-16-2010 10:32 AM

Go with the RBK bag! I had the CCM and after about 3 months the zippers went. Worst bag I have ever had. I do play a lot at 3 times per week though. I had to cough up more cash and got a Warrior Hitman bag which is more durable.

TinofGrizz 03-16-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blues88 (Post 24520505)
I had an Itech bag for a few years and every pocket has ripped off:handclap:
Terrible. Never again.

A few years? Isn't that acceptable for a hockey bag? They aren't made out of steel.

TBLfan 03-16-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinofGrizz (Post 24529127)
A few years? Isn't that acceptable for a hockey bag? They aren't made out of steel.

It shouldn't be. The three bags I mentioned earlier should last the average rec player 5+ years, EASY. The typical retail bags with all the bells and whistles are crap, you're lucky if they last you a year before they start breaking.

shoeshine boy 03-17-2010 10:44 AM

maybe I'm not rough enough on my bag.....I get regular retail bags and they last about 5 years on average playing 2-3 times a week. or maybe I've just been lucky.....

HowToHockey 03-18-2010 12:13 AM

I like the RBK bag, the first one.

I'm glad you didn't post a wheelie bag. I bought into the hype and got one (well it was on sale) I used it for a few games, then switched to a soft bottom. With the wheelie bottoms it is like loading a 4x8 chunk of plywood into your car with hockey equipment piled on top. Way to heavy too!

Squidriss 02-10-2012 05:25 PM

honestly just get one of those koho bags from crappy tire ive been using mine for the last 4 years does the job well for 25 dollars

michaelshu 02-10-2012 06:45 PM

you do realize this is a 2 years old post, right...?

AIREAYE 02-10-2012 08:29 PM

you also bought hockey gear from Walmart so I dunno if you're trolling or not lol

Squidriss 02-12-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 43928305)
you also bought hockey gear from Walmart so I dunno if you're trolling or not lol

Yes i have a OPS from walmart, and it works for me, in fact it worked so well that i scored 3 goals last night.. and to get this straight that sticks is the only piece of equipment i have from walmart....

AIREAYE 02-12-2012 08:54 PM

Hey man, just poking fun! If it works for you it works for you :P Nothing wrong with buying a stick at Walmart.

The best player at my regular pickup game uses a $50 Canadian Tire Reebok stick, wears the old Jofa bubble helmet and a half-cage. I think he looks pretty darn good in it, especially when he dangles half our team haha.

Jarick 02-13-2012 01:13 AM

Oh man, pretty much everyone rocking the old crappy gear is either awesome or just awful.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.