HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   TV: Justified (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=750974)

Ambassador Bridge 03-16-2010 12:47 PM

Justified

Anybody going to watch this show? Premiere is tonight on FX. Looks interesting.

Ghostbuster 03-17-2010 12:10 AM

Looks pretty awesome to me. Looks somewhere between The Shield and Deadwood.

DAkings20 03-17-2010 01:07 AM

Just watched it, pretty good.

Sebaldian 03-17-2010 04:22 AM

I thought it started off a little shaky but got a lot better.

It was weird that they blew through what seemed to be the set up for a major story arc in the first episode though.

Rhett4 03-17-2010 11:12 PM

I'm a big Sons of Anarchy fan, so I had high expectations for this one. Perhaps a little too high.

I found the main character a bit cartoonish, and as badass as he was, I'm not sure he alone can sustain a series. I didn't get a good feel for what the series would be about from week-to-week. Hopefully it gets fleshed out in the coming weeks. Otherwise, it's a cool concept with no substance.

Also, I like the show Manhunters, where they follow actual federal marshals on fugitive chases. This seemed cheesy and unrealistic in comparison. Southland is still the best cop show on TV right now, as far as I'm concerned.

Nighthock 03-18-2010 03:30 AM

Recorded it yesterday, watched it tonight - Pretty good. Prettyyyyy pretyyyyyyy pretty good.

Cone 03-18-2010 03:32 AM

i watched some of it, seemed alright. i just couldn't stop thinking of how the main character guy sounds exactly like billy bob thornton

silverfish 03-18-2010 12:00 PM

I liked it. But can they really just blow through an entire series digging up past relationships Olyphant has had in Kentucky and using them as storylines? How many people in Kentucky did this guy know?

But I guess they set up some future stuff. Like with him and his dad, and Eva, and his ex-wife.

I'm definitely going to continue watching.

Don Nachbaur 26 03-18-2010 12:13 PM

Interesting show. I'll give it a few episodes to fully decide.

Garbage Goal 03-18-2010 10:50 PM

FX is really good at making original shows (Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, Archer, etc.) so you have to give it the benefit of the doubt until the show proves itself to be unworthy.

silverfish 03-24-2010 01:02 PM

I'm digging it.

Another good episode last night.

Krayzee Phockz 03-24-2010 03:14 PM

I know its only been two episodes, but Raylan Givens is quickly becoming my favorite character on TV right now.

Ensane 03-25-2010 01:59 PM

Goggins and Olyphant are tremendous actors, and Graham Yost has had a hand in some very prominent works over the years (most notably writing for Band of Brothers and more recently, the Pacific). I also was intrigued to learn about all of Elmore Leonard's works that have become successful movies (Jackie Brown, 3:10 to Yuma, Out of Sight, Get Shorty...).

I enjoyed the pilot, but had lesser expectations for this past Tuesday's episode as I heard it was a lot weaker than we should expect from the show. 3 and 4 are supposed to pick up a bit more. I'll give it a full season, but so far, I like what I see. I think I'll come to view it similar to how I do with Burn Notice, a super cool show with an over the top main character that serves for a good relaxing watch after a long day; nothing to take too seriously, but a fun ride nonetheless.

silverfish 03-31-2010 12:49 PM

My only problem with this story through three episodes is how dumb some of the characters are. Not the Marshalls, but basically everyone else. Maybe that's done on purpose though. Actually I also don't like how fast the story lines progress. Like one minute the two guys are working together and then boom the one guy shoots the other. It just seemed a little sudden for me.

I'm enjoying it though. Will keep watching for sure.

FlyersGuy69 03-31-2010 01:52 PM

I am really liking the show so far.

Olyphant plays the role of Givens to a T. it's similar to his Sheriff Bullock in Deadwood...which was great.

DAkings20 03-31-2010 01:55 PM

Liking this show as well

silverfish 04-06-2010 11:20 PM

I feel like this show isn't getting enough respect.

Another real solid episode tonight, next weeks looks interesting too as they'll finally introduce the father character.

SniperHF 04-07-2010 03:10 AM

Still on the fence. Even if I don't follow it closely it's at least decent filler if nothing else is on.

Shameus 04-08-2010 12:36 AM

I have to say I like it. Although I am a fan of Olyphant's so that is what originally brought me to the show.

jumptheshark 04-09-2010 04:23 PM

for those not watching the opening credits--it is based upon an elmore leanard novella and the first eppy was loyal until the last scene to the novella

silverfish 04-14-2010 10:01 AM

I still have the same complaint, the story lines move too fast...

Meganuck* 04-15-2010 02:45 AM

This is a great show to watch on a weeknight after a mindless day... Olyphant is badass.

Don Nachbaur 26 04-15-2010 06:40 AM

The show now gets DVR'd every week for me. the story lines do run a little fast, but it's not too bad.

SniperHF 04-15-2010 03:39 PM

I think I liked the last episode the best so far. If they build well on the foundation they are setting up it could be a great show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Fletcher 29 (Post 25182841)
The show now gets DVR'd every week for me. the story lines do run a little fast, but it's not too bad.

You guys saying the shows stories are fast, what types of other shows do you watch regularly?

silverfish 04-21-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperHF (Post 25192161)
You guys saying the shows stories are fast, what types of other shows do you watch regularly?

I don't know man I watch a ton of **** on tv these days, but you can't not have been a little annoyed at last night's episode. I'm not taking anything away from it because I enjoyed it, but a lot of the stuff that happened just came out of nowhere.

And last night Raylan was some sort of super cop I didn't really love that, but, the ending scene with him and the art "collector" was just amazing.