HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   News Article: News & Notes 2009-2010 VI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=750988)

Langway 03-16-2010 01:14 PM

News & Notes 2009-2010 VI

Oldie:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=730913

QuadrupleDeke 03-16-2010 01:15 PM

BREAKING NEWS: The Washington Capitals Are Evil!!!

Foy 03-16-2010 01:17 PM

And the Chicago Doctors are too!

txpd 03-16-2010 01:43 PM

Modano blew out his appendix. Good Karma that he said no to the trade. Good karma for the Caps that is.

usiel 03-16-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foy (Post 24531767)
And the Chicago Doctors are too!

Funny how there are some rumblings initially that there would be no suspension and then proported lobbying by Chi Town for a suspension, heh. Total conjecture but for some reason I feel there is some truth in there.

strungout 03-16-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd (Post 24532287)
Modano blew out his appendix. Good Karma that he said no to the trade. Good karma for the Caps that is.

Wait...what? Trade? The Caps made a play for Modano?

txpd 03-16-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strungout (Post 24532835)

yea, dallas morning news reported modano was presented a trade to three teams one of which was washington. modano refused to waive his no trade and mcphee went to plan b-belanger

http://hockey.org/

Mike Modano reportedly wants to finish his career with the same organisation he started it with. ESPN is reporting that Modano refused to waive his no trade clause at the trading deadline when three teams including the Washington Capitals expressed interest in obtaining him electing instead to stay with the Stars.

sk84fun_dc 03-16-2010 02:22 PM

txpd, fwiw, if it was an "uncomplicated" appendectomy, he could be back playing in around 2-3 weeks based on what has happened with other players.

Quote:

Originally Posted by strungout (Post 24532835)

link to Dallas News info link

Foy 03-16-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usiel (Post 24532569)
Funny how there are some rumblings initially that there would be no suspension and then proported lobbying by Chi Town for a suspension, heh. Total conjecture but for some reason I feel there is some truth in there.

Not to mention that he went from:
Grade 2 concussion, broken clavicle, and several broken ribs, out for the year.
To:
No concussion, broken clavicle and maybe a broken rib. Out 6 weeks.

strungout 03-16-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc (Post 24533037)
link to Dallas News info link

Ah. Neat!

Good on Mafki for asking. Can't blame Modano for not wanting to end his career in another sweater.

sk84fun_dc 03-16-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foy (Post 24533213)
To:

fwiw, the most recent updates I have seen are reporting 7-8 weeks, which is consistent with some of the earlier reports; not all of the earlier reports were out for the season (including a long playoff run season) from what I read/heard

sk84fun_dc 03-16-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strungout (Post 24533260)
Ah. Neat!

Good on Mafki for asking. Can't blame Modano for not wanting to end his career in another sweater.

Agree.

FWIW, I assume it is a bit easier when one declines after having already won and knowing his name is engraved on the Stanley Cup, but the opportunity to play his entire career in one organization (Minnesota/Dallas) would have been a factor either way.

OT: Hard not no respect Nolan's decision to stick with the Wild, esp. since he has been traded and he has not won the Cup.

Capitlols 03-16-2010 02:38 PM

I know its the politically right thing to do, but I don't think OV should of apologized.

Foy 03-16-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appreci8 (Post 24533381)
I know its the politically right thing to do, but I don't think OV should of apologized.

I love the way he apologized for playing the way he was taught to play. I thought it was brilliant.

CapitalsCupFantasy 03-16-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appreci8 (Post 24533381)

He said sorry that Campbell got hurt, not for throwing the hit. I think what Ovy did was respectful.

Capitlols 03-16-2010 02:46 PM

Btw I can't stand watching Patrick Kane on ESPN talking about dangerous the hit was or unnecessary it was. This the same guy that beat a taxi driver...

Duke33 03-16-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appreci8 (Post 24533554)
Btw I can't stand watching Patrick Kane on ESPN talking about dangerous the hit was or unnecessary it was. This the same guy that beat a taxi driver...

Was thinking that too.....lol.

Eh the juggernaut Hawks are probably still p.o.d they blew two games in embarrassing fashion this past weekend.

pgreene 03-16-2010 04:11 PM

yeah, that was about the biggest non apology i've ever heard. not too worried about that; in fact, i think it'll feed the "ovechkin's an *******" crowd.

init2winit 03-16-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foy (Post 24533213)
To:

This is exactly what I was thinking when I said that it is bs that the league would rely on the word of team doctors for their suspensions. The act should be the most important factor.

His clavicle and a few ribs are fractured. It could be a hairline fracture for all we know. Chicago can say 7-8 weeks and then have Campbell come back after 4-5 weeks and just say "he is a fast healer." I have many issues with how the league handles disciplinary issues.

I also laughed at B.Campbell explaining that kids will be affected by this kind of hit and not thinking that his KO on Umberger wouldn't have the same affect to them. :laugh:

Portable Mink 03-16-2010 05:54 PM

pansies.

chicago players sound like whiney little slags.

neck up you parrots.

Backstrom #19 03-16-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appreci8 (Post 24533554)

Don't hate on him...He's on the evil side.

stanleycaps98 03-17-2010 05:03 AM

Mike Wise: "Outside the Beltway, he is Darth Vadar".

Mike, are you reading these boards?

QuadrupleDeke 03-17-2010 09:02 AM

via Twitter:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JapersRink
Per a Caps official, Anton Gustafsson is on his way to Hershey (AHL) and is exempted from Clear Day rule, as he's on the reserve list.

Little Gus is getting a shot with the big(ger) boys. It will be interesting to see if he can contribute on one of the best AHL teams of all time during their stretch/playoff run, after having played in the second-tier Swedish league all season. My guess is "probably not".

strungout 03-17-2010 09:06 AM

I imagine he'll get some games down the stretch with the 13 point conference lead, but he'll likely be a Black Ace come playoff time (along with the other kids). And that's fine...depth rules.

Washington Capitals 03-17-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke (Post 24551151)
via Twitter:

Little Gus is getting a shot with the big(ger) boys. It will be interesting to see if he can contribute on one of the best AHL teams of all time during their stretch/playoff run, after having played in the second-tier Swedish league all season. My guess is "probably not".

Great chance for him to get some experience. I approve.