HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Better Rookie so far (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=752113)

Gnashville 03-18-2010 09:50 PM

Better Rookie so far

Who has been the better in their Rookie Campaign?

Webersmashpuck 03-18-2010 10:38 PM

Cody Franson has exceeded expectations, he is playing about as well as Tyler Myers in Buffalo but does not get 30 minutes a night due to the players ahead of him.

Colin Wilson just might be a point per game player and has played out of his mind since his latest callup.

Both are going to be good ones.

ZombPred 03-18-2010 10:41 PM

It's hard to compare a D-Man to a Winger. 2 totally different positions. But both are awesome!

Enoch 03-18-2010 10:53 PM

I wonder where we would be had Wilson not hurt his groin in training camp and essentially lost a couple of months at the beginning of the year.....He has been fantastic.

Franson - his play has been solid. He has flaws, but he has done just about everything possible to not have his skating exploited. And his shot is incredible.

lstcyr 03-18-2010 11:03 PM

will Wilson be eligible for the Calder next year or has he played too many games this year?

Seth Lake 03-18-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstcyr (Post 24589361)
will Wilson be eligible for the Calder next year or has he played too many games this year?

Ineligible. Too many games this season.

CoreySzn 03-18-2010 11:20 PM

Wilson's been fantastic since his latest call up but I think Franson's had the better year overall but that's mostly because I've seen more of him. Both have been great for the team but they've had some injury problems, unfortunately.

OpenWheel 03-18-2010 11:26 PM

I have to call a draw. Franson has been very refreshing. Better then I hoped, that's for sure. And he's been important. But I think Wilson going strong will be more important the rest of the way. Wow, we need him to stay healthy and consistent. It gives us a legit number one line, and then makes each line below stronger as well.

Since my favorite goal for Wilson so far is a simple pp one, a very nice feed from Franson to Wilson and in, on the road trip, I'll vote a tie. Although to be honest, Wilson looks much more impressive to me. But I have to say Franson is good as well.

BigFatCat999 03-19-2010 09:58 AM

To close to call. If Wilson keeps going like this, jebus. All i got to say is this. Anyone else drooling for a Hornqvist-Wilson-Radulov line?

I Will Son 03-19-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 24595009)
To close to call. If Wilson keeps going like this, jebus. All i got to say is this. Anyone else drooling for a Hornqvist-Wilson-Radulov line?

In my GM on NHL 10 I have had that line going strong for four seasons. ITS AMAZING

WalkmanX 03-19-2010 06:43 PM

i have been Pleasantly surprised by both of the rookies and cant wait to see them playing a full season with us next year witch I'm sure they will.

iv been wondering if a Erat-Hornqvist-Wilson or Wilson playing center and Hornqvist wing could work. i remember earlier in the season when Arnott was out Hornqvist played center on the first line and did quite well.

quoth the Raven 03-19-2010 07:24 PM

This was a hard choice. At first my mouse hovered over Wilson because of his recent play, scoring numerous goals since the break. However then I went down to Franson because he's also been a great defenseman and has really stepped it up. Sooo, I chose "too close, just glad we have them both." Our rookies have really been impressive this year, I am pleased.