HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   It finally happened... I'm an ice hockey player. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=752530)

Splitbtw 03-20-2010 12:59 AM

It finally happened... I'm an ice hockey player.
 
After numerous threads I started on here, I finally got everything I needed and went to a stick n puck today after hitting a public skate.

At first, the skating took some getting used to, but I managed to get it down for the most part. I felt really weird putting on so much gear not really knowing what the best order of operation was, but it was a learning process.

Stick-handling an ice hockey puck is really fun because it glides so much compared to roller. Taking shots with it was a little different as well (though this might have been due to it being close to 6 years since I've skated and shot a puck regardless of surface).


I'm in love. I can't wait to hit a pickup session on Monday. Why did I not do this earlier? Dumb.... :yo:

VickiUKHockeyFan 03-20-2010 07:28 AM

Ongratulations! Im about to head out to my second ever roller practice, having never played hockey on any surface so I kinda know the feeling! Good luck and enjoy the journey :)

Jumbo* 03-20-2010 10:48 AM

Ongratulations!

Please 03-20-2010 10:49 AM

Nice one!

Hemlor 03-20-2010 11:39 AM

Congrats!! Welcome to the family.

spitfires07 03-20-2010 12:38 PM

don't call it an "ice hockey puck" or "ice hockey"...just call it hockey, just thought i'd let you know if your going to be a hockey player from now on

HowToHockey 03-20-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spitfires07 (Post 24610291)
don't call it an "ice hockey puck" or "ice hockey"...just call it hockey, just thought i'd let you know if your going to be a hockey player from now on

Haha good advice, unless you live in Australia or South Africa where people would assume when you say hockey, you mean field hockey.

budster 03-20-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splitbtw (Post 24606530)
Stick-handling an ice hockey puck is really fun because it glides so much compared to roller.

Sounds like he came from roller...

Quote:

Originally Posted by spitfires07 (Post 24610291)
don't call it an "ice hockey puck" or "ice hockey"...just call it hockey, just thought i'd let you know if your going to be a hockey player from now on

No love for the wheels? ;)

spitfires07 03-21-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budster (Post 24611870)
No love for the wheels? ;)

I got love for the wheels, but I call that roller hockey or ball hockey,

Hockeyfan68 03-21-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spitfires07 (Post 24639772)
I got love for the wheels, but I call that roller hockey or ball hockey,

I play a lot of "Ball hockey" while standing in line at the bank with my hands in my pockets. .... nobody notices so the hell with it ... you only live once.

BigNumber1Centre 03-22-2010 12:22 AM

Congrats hockey is like no other sport. You got speed, you got skill and finesse and you got the physical aspect too!

Splitbtw 03-22-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spitfires07 (Post 24610291)
don't call it an "ice hockey puck" or "ice hockey"...just call it hockey, just thought i'd let you know if your going to be a hockey player from now on

yeah... good looking out


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.