HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Mock Draft!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=75284)

Barnaby3636 05-02-2004 07:25 AM

Mock Draft!!!!

Someone do a mock draft, mine will follow

RANGERDIEHARD 05-02-2004 10:37 AM

I'll do a top 60

1 - Alexandre Ovechkin, LW 6-2/205
2 - Evgeni Malkin, C 6-3/185
3 - Cam Barker, D 6-3/206
4 - Rostislav Olesz, C 6-2/200
5 - Lauri Tukonen, RW 6-2/ 198
6 - Robbie Schremp, C 6-0/ 200
7 - A.J. Thelan, D 6-3/205
8 - Alexander Radulov, RW 6-1/180
9 - Wojtek Wolski, LW 6-3/195
10 - Andrew Ladd, LW 6-2/200
11 - Marek Schwarz, G 6-0/175
12 - Drew Stafford, RW 6-2/200
13 - Kyle Chipchura, C 6-2/200
14 - Alexander Picard, LW 6-2/190
15 - Mike Green, D 6-1/195
16 - Wes O’Neil, D 6-4/200
17 - Alvaro Montoya, G 6-2/195
18 - Enver Lisin, RW 6-1/183
19 - Boris Valabik, D 6-6/210
20 - Andrej Meszaros, D 6-2/190
21 - Davis Bolland, RW 6-0/175
22 - Ladislav Smid, D 6-3/200
23 - Sami Lepisto, D 6-0/176
24 - Oscar Hedman, D 6-0/210
25 - Johan Fransson, D 6-1/180
26 - Jakub Sindel, C 6-0/172
27 - Kirill Lyamin, D 6-3/200
28 - Lukas Kaspar, RW 6-2/200
29 - Roman Volshenko, LW 6-1/190
30 - Petteri Nokelainen, C/W 6-1/190

31 - Carl Soderberg, C/W 6-3/200
32 - Roman Tesliuk, D 6-1/195
33 - Bruce Graham, C 6-6/220
34 - Devan Dubnyk, G 6-6/195
35 - Bret Carson, D 6-5/220
36 - Mike Funk, D 6-4/200
37 - T.J Hensick, C 5-9/185
38 - Evan McGrath, C 6-0/180
39 - Johan Salomonsson, W 6-2/185
40 - Mark Fristic, D 6-2/230
41 - Peter Pohl, RW 5-11/185
42 - Sergei Ogorodnikov, C 6-2/185
43 - Ryan Garlock, C 6-1/200
44 - Mikhail Yunkov, C/W 6-0/180
45 - Adam Berti, LW 6-2/190
46 - Vaclav Meidl, C 6-5/200
47 - Mitch Manu, D 6-2/205
48 - David Shantz, G 6-1/200
49 - Bryan Bickell, LW 6-3/210
50 - Kyle Wharton, D 6-2/185
51 - Dan Lacosta, G 6-1/186
52 - Sergei Shirokov, LW 6-0/172
53 - Jeff Schultz, D 6-6/215
54 - Blake Wheeler, RW 6-3/185
55 - David Booth, LW 6-1/212
56 - Adam Pineault, RW 6-1/193
57 - Alexei Yemelin, D 6-0/190
58 - Roman Tomanek, RW 6-1/176
59 - David Krejci, C 5-11/176
60 - Lauri Korpikoski, C/W 6-1/185

Barnaby3636 05-02-2004 10:52 AM

Okay... Since nobody will do a draft I will just do mine

1.Washington Capitals- Alexander Ovechekin RW
This is no suprise, this kid is gonna be something special, hes big fast he hits he has soft hands he can shoot like a mofo, the Caps are getting a gem!

Pitsburg Pengiuns- Evegni Malkin C
This guy is amazing! He could very easily go #1 but the hype on Ovechekin is way to much, so hes going 2 but this guy is a great 2 way center and could be pitts. #1 center for years to come. The only downfall is he has slight concussion problems, but hes great!

Chicago Blackhawks- Cam Barker D
This is the Deffesnive Gem of the draft he can hit and he can put some points up on the board, he's gonna be something special

Columbus Blue Jackets- Andrew Ladd LW
A very very solid big LW at 6'2 210 lbs this kid is gonna be great, to put on a line with Zherdev Or Nash, he can also move to Center, so these 3 kids on one line is gonna be something special sometime soon

Phoenix Coyotes-Mark Schwartz G
The Yotes need a goaltender Boucher is not gonna cut it for him and this guy could be just as good as Fleury or Kerri Ahtoneen (SP) This is gonna be a great goalie in years to come

New York Rangers- Rotislav Olsez C
An absolute great center, maybe just as good as Malkin, if not better, he is going to be a 2 center if not a 1 center, this guy can easily put up 60-70 pts. seasons in years to come and he is most likley NHL ready, which the Rangers need.

Florida Panthers- Laurio Tukkonen RW
Maybe an NHL ready Rw but with 2 years of development by the right people, this guy could be something special he is 6'2 but he needs to put on a little muscle weight and he is gonna be great

Carolina Huricanes- Alvaro Montoya G
This is a very fast goalie with gret reflexes and great side to side movment Artus Irbe is not cutting it anymore and Montoya may take over Depietro's role of taking the best US young goaltender in the leauge

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim- Robbie Schremp C
A great C and he's gonna be really good after learning from Sergi Federov on the Offensive side and then Steve Rucchin on the Deffensive side

Atlanta Thrashers- AJ Thelen D
A HARD HARD HARD HARD hitting American born Deffenemen who is gonna start possibly with Atlanta, and could easily in be in the top 4 in years to come

Los Angeles Kings- Alexander Rudalov RW
Although he has a bad attitude and a horrible work ethic he is still a great player and the right coaches could get him going on the right dirrection again... A STEAL for the Kings

Minnesota Wild- Wojtek Wolski LW
For some reason his stock has really dropped, but he is still a solid LW/C and with a year or 2 of good development he can be a very good 2nd line LW

Buffalo Sabres- Alexander Picard LW
Anohter solid Lw needs to put on about 20-30 lbs to be NHL ready but he can shoot like a mofo!

Edmonton Oilers- Kyle Chiperuara C
A strong #2 center who can be a steal this late in the 1st rd, Edmonton is getting a leader and a great worker

What do you guys think??
LETS GO RANGERS!!

Potted Plant 05-02-2004 10:58 AM

I agree with you that it is entirely possible that Olesz slips to us. If we draft Olesz, I would like to look into the possibility of trading up from #26 and drafting Alexander Picard. This guy sounds like a real player.

Also, I don't see Drew Stafford on your list. I've seen him in the 7-10 slots in most mock drafts. Where do you have him?

in the hall 05-02-2004 11:08 AM

roofle we get olesz? objective aren't we?

there is no way he is out of the top five unless there is legit speculation the coyotes or bj's will pass on him to reach for a considerable downgrade in talent

i'm not saying he won't slip but it is far fetched to think he will at this point

Broadway Brett 05-02-2004 11:28 AM

I will do a top 10, with trades:

1. NYR (from Washington)-Alexander Ovechkin-The trade is our 1st, four 2nds, $4 million, Petr Prucha, David Liffiton, Karl Rachunek, and Dominic Moore for Ovy and a salary the caps give to us. Ovy's visit to Prague has killed his trade stock and has scared the Caps. They love Prucha and they get him, as well as alot of players to help them now. They need a Center to play between Fehr and Semin-Olesz perhaps? And we get to keep Toronto's #1

2. Pittsburgh Penguins-Evgeny Malkin- Surprise! They get a number 1 center and tons of talent here. They could trade with the Caps at #6 and get more picks and players.

3. Chicago Blackhawks-Cam Barker- A great defenseman, don't buy into his "huge Flaws".

4. Comlumbus Blue Jackets-Andrew Ladd- They could trade with Chicago but settle for this fine lad.

5. Phoenix Coyotes-Lauri Taukenin-They love this future bust.

6. Washington Capitals (From NYR)-Radislav Olesz-A great center, better than Malkin IMO.

7. Florida Panthers-AJ Thelen- They need another stud on D, and get one.

8. Carolina Hurricanes-Al Montoya-They acquire a later 1st for Cam Ward and draft Montoya.

9. Anaheim Mighty Ducks-Robbie Schremp-The Ducks are ecstatic Pavel Brendl the 2nd fell to them at 9.

10. Atlanta Thrashers-Wes O'Neil-A bit of a reach, but a great player, to go along w/ Coburn.
Stafford is selected at # 11 if you wanna know

Trash me all you want-I want you too

SingnBluesOnBroadway 05-02-2004 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broadway Crosby

1. NYR (from Washington)-Alexander Ovechkin-The trade is our 1st, four 2nds, $4 million, Petr Prucha, David Liffiton, Karl Rachunek, and Dominic Moore for Ovy and a salary the caps give to us. Ovy's visit to Prague has killed his trade stock and has scared the Caps. They love Prucha and they get him, as well as alot of players to help them now. They need a Center to play between Fehr and Semin-Olesz perhaps? And we get to keep Toronto's #1

I'm not sure either team would make this trade.

Janerixon 05-02-2004 12:18 PM

Quote:

1 legit nhler, 3 prospects, 5 draft picks and 4 million dollars? no way sather ever offers that or does it ever happen, ever!

Potted Plant 05-02-2004 12:51 PM

I agree. That is just way too much to pay to get Ovechkin, especially in light of the later assertion that his stock has fallen a bit. My offer would be our #6 pick, our first second rounder, and a second rounder next year. That likely wouldn't be enough, but that's OK. If it's not enough, I stick with what we have.

I also think that the notion that either Olesz or Barker slips to us is quite realistic. There is always some high-flyer that suddenly makes a big leap a little before the draft, and there is often someone who drops. Besides, Olesz is not exactly getting rave reviews from every corner. There are those who say that he didn't pick up his game this year, and those who are concerned about his concussion. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he drops, and if he does we can snatch him up at #6.

To be honest, I am much more interested in moving up from #6 to #3 or #4 rather than #1 because the price is likely to be much more affordable and it will ensure us getting either Olesz or Barker. Further, I am much more interested in moving up from #26 into the top 15 as I think that will be a very reasonable price and could land us a guy like Picard or Stafford.

Broadway Brett 05-02-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon
1 legit nhler, 3 prospects, 5 draft picks and 4 million dollars? no way sather ever offers that or does it ever happen, ever!

How about two 2nds, our 1st, Prucha Rachunek, and the money?

RGF 05-02-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

How about two 2nds, our 1st, Prucha Rachunek, and the money?

how about that is still too much. forget rachunek, put poti instead if your that keen on trading young dmen. (which is not a good idea)

2 seconds, our first, prucha take it or leave it..otherwise draft with what we have, were going to get an "A" from the draft analysts no matter what bc of depth, an ditll be quality depth.

Broadway Brett 05-02-2004 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGF
how about that is still too much. forget rachunek, put poti instead if your that keen on trading young dmen. (which is not a good idea)

2 seconds, our first, prucha take it or leave it..otherwise draft with what we have, were going to get an "A" from the draft analysts no matter what bc of depth, an ditll be quality depth.

I don't like Rachunek, and I wanna get ridda him, and maybe two 2nds, Prucha, our 1st, and Poti would do it? It should. And we have alot of good young D-men. Tyutin, Baranka, Liffiton, Taylor, Pock, Kondratiev, and maybe Poti and Rachunek if you consider them young. I think we need to get a Wes O'Neil caliber to pair w/ Tyutin in the future. WE need more great D-talents, not average ones like Liffiton, Taylor, Pock and so on, get rid of some and get real good ones. My offer is a little more than yours, and I think mine is good enough.

Janerixon 05-02-2004 01:43 PM

Quote:

I don't like Rachunek, and I wanna get ridda him, and maybe two 2nds, Prucha, our 1st, and Poti would do it? It should.

no one is debating with you if that is enough to get the trade done, its more than enough, its to much

the way i see it sather will not trade more than 4 players for one in any trade, since we have an abundance of picks i could see washington asking for our 1st, a 2nd rnd pick, prucha, and rachunek/poti

but im still not sure sather is going to want to trade that package for one player, it is possible, but i just dont see sather dying to move up in this draft, i think he may make a trade or two but it wont be involving the 6th pick, it will be with the leaf pick to move up and get another top 15 prospect

Unknownbutfamous 05-02-2004 01:43 PM

Liffiton and Pock are going to be better than average players.

Son of Steinbrenner 05-02-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownbutfamous

i agree pock could be a special player. liffiton reminds me of brian marchment.

Broadway Brett 05-02-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownbutfamous

Maybe, but I think we need another top two D-man, and not just top-5.

Potted Plant 05-02-2004 02:02 PM

I've already said what I think it's worth. If that's not enough to get it, we need to pass. I think the packages being bandied about are WAY out of line. He's just not worth multiple decent NHLers and multiple high draft picks. No one is at this stage. If we're going to make trades, I'd rather focus on better bargains, not on a bubble that is going to burst right after the draft.

I'm not saying Ovechkin is going to bust. He may very well be a very good NHLer, but no one has mentioned Ovechkin as the next Lemieux. He's more like the next Gaborik or Lecavalier. Very good players, but still not quite elite players years after they're drafted. This is not to say he's not worthy of the #1 pick, but just to say that he's not "savior of the franchise"-level, and so he's just not worth a Lindros-like package.

I repeat my squeal-point: Our #6, our first 2nd rounder, and a 2nd rounder next year. I have to be squeezed to include that second 2nd rounder too, as I'm really reluctant to say it's worth it.

RGF 05-02-2004 02:59 PM

bway crosby...how old are you? you seem overlyzealous to toss players away that you seem to not know a lot about.

obviously liffiton and pock or rachunek arent AMAZING. but theyre really young and have more potential than other teams D lines. I think NEW YORK is entering a stage that San Jose entered 5 years back. they were starting to develop a ton of young dmen, and now its paying off. mclaren obviously cemented their youth and we made need that, but our prospects are a lot better than you know about

i would be happy to bet you 100$ that Liffiton and Taylor are solid NHL players if their development continues the way it has. Pock will be good, not a brian leetch but a better poti with development. and Rachunek vs Poti? id take Rachunek right now, but honestly im not willing to trade any of our DMEN till we have an overwhelming glut of young able ready NHL caliber prospects. this is why San Jose could afford to trade Jillson.

YOU DONT trade solid prospects before you see them or know a lot about them.

SECONDLY, youd be a bad GM. youre theoretically spreading your legs for any rival gm to rob you off talent that youre too careless to know about. play poker or something...you need to learn that you up the ante gradaully lol. you dont just lay it all out there, the goal of a team LOOKING TO REBUILD into something NYR FANS have NEVER experienced is to give away as least as possible and exact the best returns for the minimums. THIS has been SATHERS only redeeming quality he has brought with him from EDM. he seems savvy this way. always getting stuff of less or not giving too much away

please stop insisting on ovechkin, prucha could be much better, and if not, if oveckin is a stud, we still would have a player that many scouts see as a datsyuk, which id take over another kovalchuk, bc there will be another "flash" for NYR to get one day. maybe itll be CROSBY. id rather sit tight now with what we have rebuild like how we are, add, and if we suck next yr, guess what we might not have to trade anything away and get even better.

if we give away as much as you want, youll set the organization back 5 yrs again. SO THIS THREAD IS DONE

Broadway Brett 05-02-2004 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGF
bway crosby...how old are you? you seem overlyzealous to toss players away that you seem to not know a lot about.

obviously liffiton and pock or rachunek arent AMAZING. but theyre really young and have more potential than other teams D lines. I think NEW YORK is entering a stage that San Jose entered 5 years back. they were starting to develop a ton of young dmen, and now its paying off. mclaren obviously cemented their youth and we made need that, but our prospects are a lot better than you know about

i would be happy to bet you 100$ that Liffiton and Taylor are solid NHL players if their development continues the way it has. Pock will be good, not a brian leetch but a better poti with development. and Rachunek vs Poti? id take Rachunek right now, but honestly im not willing to trade any of our DMEN till we have an overwhelming glut of young able ready NHL caliber prospects. this is why San Jose could afford to trade Jillson.

YOU DONT trade solid prospects before you see them or know a lot about them.

SECONDLY, youd be a bad GM. youre theoretically spreading your legs for any rival gm to rob you off talent that youre too careless to know about. play poker or something...you need to learn that you up the ante gradaully lol. you dont just lay it all out there, the goal of a team LOOKING TO REBUILD into something NYR FANS have NEVER experienced is to give away as least as possible and exact the best returns for the minimums. THIS has been SATHERS only redeeming quality he has brought with him from EDM. he seems savvy this way. always getting stuff of less or not giving too much away

please stop insisting on ovechkin, prucha could be much better, and if not, if oveckin is a stud, we still would have a player that many scouts see as a datsyuk, which id take over another kovalchuk, bc there will be another "flash" for NYR to get one day. maybe itll be CROSBY. id rather sit tight now with what we have rebuild like how we are, add, and if we suck next yr, guess what we might not have to trade anything away and get even better.

if we give away as much as you want, youll set the organization back 5 yrs again. SO THIS THREAD IS DONE

I never said Pock and Liffiton won't be solid NHL'ers. They'll be good. The offer I made would not be my first offer, I know a little more than that, my offer would be the MAX I would offer, so stop with the personal attacks and a couple months ago, people were offering both our 1st's three 2nds and three or 4 prospects. I am not focusing on his play at Prague. Ovy has alot more potential than Pock or Prucha. Prucha has been way overrated by his play in Prague, and we need to take advantage of that, as they think Prucha is a top-caliber prospect, and in there minds a 1st round pick.

I didn't give up our best prospects either, and we would still have three seconds and another first, that is still alot, and Ovy DOES have franschise saving potential, unlike Kovalchuk or anyone else in the league. This trade would help the organization immensly, not set them back one bit. How old are you because you seem to nothing on any prospects in our organization.

I don't get to see these players, I read about them, that is how I base my opinions, when I am the Gm of the NYR I will be able to see the players and have my own thoughts and evaluations on them.

RGF 05-02-2004 06:57 PM

well, first off, you never propose trades offering the most first. secondly i think i know the prospects a little better. i wouldnt make a ridiculous offer like that knowing what i know.
and no one is taking advantage of prucha's talents from the WC. theyve been there the whole time. Rockstrom, is an amazing talent evaluator. he found guys like datsyuk et al.
there are plenty of players drafted in late rounds that have developed into NHLers that seem like they were 1st rounders back in their drafts. kim johnson is one of them. a 9th rder but players like a first rder. so thats no a legit point. no gm cares what round you went in.

Broadway Brett 05-02-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGF
well, first off, you never propose trades offering the most first. secondly i think i know the prospects a little better. i wouldnt make a ridiculous offer like that knowing what i know.
and no one is taking advantage of prucha's talents from the WC. theyve been there the whole time. Rockstrom, is an amazing talent evaluator. he found guys like datsyuk et al.
there are plenty of players drafted in late rounds that have developed into NHLers that seem like they were 1st rounders back in their drafts. kim johnson is one of them. a 9th rder but players like a first rder. so thats no a legit point. no gm cares what round you went in.

I said nothing about where they are drafted, and everyone on this board has offered the most they would offer, including me. If I am a GM I know to go small, and work you're way up. I may seem stupid, but I am not.

charliemurphy 05-02-2004 10:32 PM

IMO...the highest offer should be:
Lundmark/Liffiton or Taylor /2-2nd rounders 04'.
I don't know how Ovechkin's game will be effected by the size of the rink.
Does anyone have any comments on Ovechkin's game and how it would translate into the NHL level?

RGF 05-02-2004 11:31 PM

I PROMISE you Taylor will be a stud. ive seen him play several times. liffiton will be solid in a devries way from the one time i saw him play. hes great but not flashy, exactly how devries played for us

if we offer anything it should be

lundmark, our 6th (1st), 2 2nds( one early, the other late second rder), and a 2nd next yr.

that gives us Oveckin, TOs firts, 2 2nds.

= good draft either way.

FYI MY OFFER is fair i believe

charliemurphy 05-02-2004 11:35 PM

What is the core of the defense in your opinion? For the future?
The offer does seem fair.

Bluenote13 05-03-2004 11:17 AM

'Fair offers' don't mean a thing, twelve other teams could throw in better prospects & picks. Thats why we won't be landing the 1st overall pick. Case closed.