HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Backlund/Duchesne (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=753229)

Gert B Frobe 03-21-2010 10:41 PM

Backlund/Duchesne

What is their deal? Is Backlund hurt?

Are they both worse than Boucher? I don't ****ing care if they're not "NHL ready" according to all the professional scouts who post on this site. Boucher isn't "AHL ready" and he starts two games in two nights on a pretty good NHL team with a good defense and he ****ing SUCKS!!!! For the love of GOD give somebody else a chance - this team needs to win at least 6-7 games or it's over early.

How the **** could they both be worse than Boucher???

GKJ 03-21-2010 10:43 PM

Backlund was hurt. They're going to switch when Backlund is cleared. Should be sometime this week.

Gert B Frobe 03-21-2010 10:46 PM

I hope Backlund can start on Thursday. I'm sure they won't start him on Tuesday in Ottawa. Biggest game of the season on Tuesday - does anybody have any confidence at all? They're going to get embarassed.

Juicy Couturier* 03-21-2010 10:52 PM

Yeah they totally should have won scoring 1 goal tonight.

GKJ 03-21-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe (Post 24643669)
I hope Backlund can start on Thursday. I'm sure they won't start him on Tuesday in Ottawa. Biggest game of the season on Tuesday - does anybody have any confidence at all? They're going to get embarassed.

Ottawa isn't doing much better right now.

Pascal Leclarie could ail scoring woes.

Gert B Frobe 03-21-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 24643789)

good point you're right - he doesn't suck

whatthef 03-21-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe (Post 24643587)
What is their deal? Is Backlund hurt?

Are they both worse than Boucher? I don't ****ing care if they're not "NHL ready" according to all the professional scouts who post on this site. Boucher isn't "AHL ready" and he starts two games in two nights on a pretty good NHL team with a good defense and he ****ing SUCKS!!!! For the love of GOD give somebody else a chance - this team needs to win at least 6-7 games or it's over early.

How the **** could they both be worse than Boucher???

Yes Backlund is hurt. Yes they are both worse than Boucher. I don't see them as any more than average AHL starters at best. You are after all talking about the starting goal tender (Backlund) of the 26th (of 29) place AHL team. Also, even playing in the preseason with the Flyers Backlund looked like he had no business playing in the NHL. While Duchesne has been in the ECHL most of the season with decent stats, but it is the ECHL.

infidelappel* 03-22-2010 12:24 AM

I have never seen Duchesne play, but in preseason, Backlund absolutely looked horrible.

People were just rifling the puck by him, and he would never even move out of his crouch.

Unless playing in the A this year has done wonders for him (which, judging by his stats, it hasn't), there's no way he is either NHL-ready or even almost on Boucher's level, let alone a better option to turn to down the stretch run, when experience matters.

Snevik 03-22-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infidelappel (Post 24645034)
I have never seen Duchesne play, but in preseason, Backlund absolutely looked horrible.

People were just rifling the puck by him, and he would never even move out of his crouch.

Unless playing in the A this year has done wonders for him (which, judging by his stats, it hasn't), there's no way he is either NHL-ready or even almost on Boucher's level, let alone a better option to turn to down the stretch run, when experience matters.

all indication from people who have seen the phantoms play this year (aka: not me) has pointed towards backlund playing very well and being much improved behind a very bad team. but, no, of course he's not a better option.

ChumpyG 03-22-2010 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 24643868)

Which means the Flyers get shut out.

buff 03-22-2010 09:34 AM

The situation is that ... Boucher : 5W 14L 2OL... The Flyers does'nt win with him.

I think Duchesne deserve a shot tomorow in Ottawa. We need that win!!!

GoneFullHextall 03-22-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 24643868)

Ottawa 2 Flyers 1.

Leclaire makes 42 saves in the win.

King Fish 03-22-2010 02:59 PM

Is there anyone we can sign off waivers? I think anyone would be better than Boucher. Kevin Weeks, John Graham, Felix Potvin, Beezer, Richter?

HoverCarle* 03-22-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 24643789)

Doesnt help when Boucher lets in 1 goal in the first 2 minutes every game. I hope Backlund gets healthy, at least he has an NHL contract to play for

pelts35.com 03-22-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buff (Post 24647659)
The situation is that ... Boucher : 5W 14L 2OL... The Flyers does'nt win with him.

I think Duchesne deserve a shot tomorow in Ottawa. We need that win!!!

The Flyers once tried putting in a rookie goalie to turn things around. Ironically enough it was against Ottawa. Unfortunately the Sens ended up winning that game 5-0.

pelts35.com 03-22-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovercraft (Post 24652971)
Doesnt help when Boucher lets in 1 goal in the first 2 minutes every game. I hope Backlund gets healthy, at least he has an NHL contract to play for

If you posted this when Leighton went down I would have said that you won't see Backlund at all. However, given Boucher's win/loss record it's certainly a possibility and couldn't hurt.

Boucher's play is earning him a job in Adirondack next season.

DrinkFightFlyers 03-22-2010 03:20 PM

Is Neil Little available to start tomorrow night?

buff 03-22-2010 03:21 PM

Maybe but it's time to try something. Why the Flyers cannot produce a #1 goalie from his own organisation like 99% of the other team on this league ??

MiamiScreamingEagles 03-22-2010 04:08 PM

Philly.com:

Quote:

Phantoms goalie Johan Backlund, who has been bothered by a groin injury, will take some shots from player-development coach Derian Hatcher in Voorhees Tuesday. If all goes well, he will practice with the team Wednesday and perhaps be activated for Thursday. . .

HoverCarle* 03-22-2010 04:18 PM

Hatcher shots dont count as practice

TheSkatingDutchman 03-22-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles (Post 24654187)
Philly.com:

Well, here's to hoping he can stand up to the test of being shot on by the offensive dynamo that is Derian Hatcher.

MiamiScreamingEagles 03-22-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkatingDutchman (Post 24654438)
Well, here's to hoping he can stand up to the test of being shot on by the offensive dynamo that is Derian Hatcher.

Clarke will be out there, too.

King Fish 03-22-2010 05:23 PM

I say we make a play for either Schneider or Bernier next year. Both had good years in the AHL, Beriner is a couple years younger and a bit smaller 5-11 177. Schneider is listed at 6-2 195. What will it take to get one of these guys, Bernier is listed a one spot better than Schneider in the top prospects list. Has anyone seen either of them play?

pelts35.com 03-22-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buff (Post 24653334)
Maybe but it's time to try something. Why the Flyers cannot produce a #1 goalie from his own organisation like 99% of the other team on this league ??

99% of the other teams in the league?

We all feel your pain here, but that's a major overstatement. Sure there are the Brodeur's, Miller's and Lundqvist's, but there are also the Vokoun's, Luongo's, Bryzgalov's, Kiprusoff's out there as well.

That said I don't care if we draft one or acquire one, we just need to get one.

buff 03-22-2010 08:41 PM

Halak or Price not bad at all, M-A Fleury, Jonathan Quick , Evgeni Nabokov , Jonas Hiller, Pekka Rinne , Niklas Backstrom , Marty Turco his a has been but Dallas produced him... All are better than our goalies... The Flyers are the worst team to find talent in a goalie and yes i'm sick of that...