HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Attn: BWO Broadway - Operation Brian Update (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=75334)

BlueBlood17 05-02-2004 01:40 PM

Attn: BWO Broadway - Operation Brian Update

Greetings and Salutations to the Broadway Chapter of the BWO.

We hope you are enjoying the spring and the roller-coaster ride that Leetch and our Leafs have been on. Here, just hours before Game 5 of the conference semi-final, we would like to thank you oncea again for your ongoing support. Most importantly, however, we would like to thank you for the gift that is Brian Leetch.

He has been nothing short of magnificent since he's gotten here, and with 8 points (him and McCabe lead all d-men) in the playoffs, has been a great addition to our team. He is a great player, and a class act, and only someone of his stature could make something as magnificent as Operation Brian formulate and thrive.

We hope you are all cheering with us again today and in the games to come!

GO LEAFS GO!
GO LEETCH GO!
LET'S GO RANGERS!

Janerixon 05-02-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBlood17
Greetings and Salutations to the Broadway Chapter of the BWO.

We hope you are enjoying the spring and the roller-coaster ride that Leetch and our Leafs have been on. Here, just hours before Game 5 of the conference semi-final, we would like to thank you oncea again for your ongoing support. Most importantly, however, we would like to thank you for the gift that is Brian Leetch.

He has been nothing short of magnificent since he's gotten here, and with 8 points (him and McCabe lead all d-men) in the playoffs, has been a great addition to our team. He is a great player, and a class act, and only someone of his stature could make something as magnificent as Operation Brian formulate and thrive.

We hope you are all cheering with us again today and in the games to come!

GO LEAFS GO!
GO LEETCH GO!
LET'S GO RANGERS!

we are glad he is helping you and we certainly enjoy watching him in the playoffs and the fact he is helping another original six team who hasnt won the cup in sometime is even more reason to cheer for the leafs. But i have to admit McCabe is a huge part of the reason leetch has been so successful as a leaf, playing with a good defensive partner who can handle the rough stuff around the net and also give leetch the confidence to rush the puck knowing a capable defensemen is back just make leetch even better

Go Leafs Go!

Burberry Manning 05-02-2004 02:00 PM

I dont know why but I am rooting for Philly in this series. I never liked this "operation brian" thing and I want the Flyers to do just well enough to get their fan's highest hopes up......... But then I want them to fail of course, shattering their little hearts and dreams. Yea I'm going to hell but I dont kerr.

in the hall 05-02-2004 02:02 PM

GO LEAFS GO!
GO LEETCH GO!
LET'S GO RANGERS!
:yo:

Raging Bull 05-02-2004 02:07 PM

As of yesterday, Brian Leetch led all players with 8 assists in the 2004 playoffs. Tied with Saku Koivu, who we all know is eliminated.

BDubinskyNYR17* 05-02-2004 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogilny8989
As of yesterday, Brian Leetch led all players with 8 assists in the 2004 playoffs. Tied with Saku Koivu, who we all know is eliminated.

Leetch and the Leafs down 2-0 to the Flyers not even halfway in the first. The flyers came out strong. Kim Johnsson got an assist on a beautiful rush.

http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboa...s/GS030225.HTM

Make that 3-0 Primeau scored on another giveaway by McCabe, his second giveaway of the game that resulted in goals.

EDIT: Make that 5-1 Radivojevic congrats on his first playoff goal :yo:

Make that 6-1 wow. At least the Rangers defense would be better than this. :yo: Well maybe, maybe not. :dunno:

Son of Steinbrenner 05-02-2004 05:02 PM

leetch looks terrible today.

RangerBoy 05-02-2004 06:19 PM

Pat Quinn has basically played Brian Leetch and Bryan McCabe into the ice.

Nearly 30 minutes per night.

Go Flyers!!!

Mary Beth wants Brian at home

Go Flyers until Tampa Bay beats them in the Eastern Conference Finals

Sather Hater 05-02-2004 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
leetch looks terrible today.

Did you even watch the game? Leetch was not bad today, McCabe was terrible.

Rabid Ranger 05-02-2004 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sather Hater

I agree. McCabe made a few boneheaded plays early, and he wasn't the same for the rest of the game. Leetch was solid, and happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time due to McCabe. I believe he was even paired with Kaberle at the end of the game.

Son of Steinbrenner 05-02-2004 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sather Hater

dude leetch was a minus 4 and had a terrible give away on the flyers second goal. i love leetch but he looked awful today. the whole leafs teams team looked awful.

Janerixon 05-02-2004 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
dude leetch was a minus 4 and had a terrible give away on the flyers second goal. i love leetch but he looked awful today. the whole leafs teams team looked awful.

leetch did have that terrible giveaway, however that goal was on belfour, he should have had that regardless of the johnsson screen, and the only other play i saw where leetch made a mistake was the primeau breakaway where leetch skated by him swatting the puck (a la poti) instead of just trying to hit him

however leetch wasnt terrible today like mcCabe and belfour, he just didnt have a good game like the rest of the leafs

Laches 05-02-2004 08:23 PM

It was already 6-1 when I turned the game on, but man it sounds like Philly came ready to play and Toronto didn't. Game 6 should be interesting. I can't imagine that the Leafs will go quietly, but it's going to be a tough for them to win 2 straight.

And it's questionable whether that even matters given the way Tampa has played thus far in the playoffs. They're 8-1, and I think we've yet to see them play their best hockey yet. If 'Bulin stays hot, and the rest of the team steps up, I don't think either Philly or Toronto has much of a chance of beating them.

Son of Steinbrenner 05-02-2004 09:05 PM

we all know the reason the leafs got leetch was to play big in this upcoming game 6 and game 7. who wants to bet that leafs fans will be thanking us again for leetch when this series is over?

rickyrod 05-03-2004 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleeding blue
I dont know why but I am rooting for Philly in this series. I never liked this "operation brian" thing and I want the Flyers to do just well enough to get their fan's highest hopes up......... But then I want them to fail of course, shattering their little hearts and dreams. Yea I'm going to hell but I dont kerr.

i can admire this, and it's kind of what im rooting for in the west for SJ...fans should have their hearts crushed before they are allowed to have a cup winning team to call their own.
but, at this point its hard to not root for leetchy after *wanting* to stay here despite how much we sucked and kept missing the playoff's.

Burberry Manning 05-03-2004 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrod
i can admire this, and it's kind of what im rooting for in the west for SJ...fans should have their hearts crushed before they are allowed to have a cup winning team to call their own.
but, at this point its hard to not root for leetchy after *wanting* to stay here despite how much we sucked and kept missing the playoff's.

I like Brian so much but it would feel too weird for me to root for the Leafs just because of him. Support for Brian I can give, but support to another team of his I cant.

charliemurphy 05-03-2004 11:59 AM

I would really be happy, if Brian Leetch were to hoist the cup over his head again. I would be happier if he was wearing a ****ing New York Ranger sweater. Nonetheless, I must root for Leetchie.
Go Brian Leafs!!!