HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   F Seth Ambroz - U of Minnesota, Big10 (2011, 128th overall, Columbus) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=753482)

ccgg 03-22-2010 04:45 PM

F Seth Ambroz - U of Minnesota, Big10 (2011, 128th overall, Columbus)

I don't really know him but he seems to be a solid prospect for the 2011 draft.

Can you talk about him?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116455

R S 03-22-2010 04:56 PM

Those are some impressive numbers for a young, big kid in a good league. Interesting to hear from people who have seen him play.

R S 03-22-2010 05:05 PM

http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=2386

Here's a story about him from last season.

Pretty impressive that he had over .5PPG last season as a 15 year old. This kid seems like he could be a definite first rounder next summer.

ccgg 03-22-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings (Post 24654134)
http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=2386

Here's a story about him from last season.

Pretty impressive that he had over .5PPG last season as a 15 year old. This kid seems like he could be a definite first rounder next summer.

Thank you! :)

And he likes to drop the gloves... haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMel5ZZp_Uo

Johnny Snake Eyes 03-22-2010 05:58 PM

future watch had him 5th ranked for the 2011 draft.

Holly Gunning 03-22-2010 06:09 PM

He's all arms and legs at this point. Still kind of raw. But he didn't look out of place at the All-Star Game among kids older than him.

mbowman 03-22-2010 06:30 PM

I think I drafted him 2nd overall in EHM 07;) I believe he's one of my top 3 prospects right now

oh wait... this is the real world... damn

Stamvarhall* 03-22-2010 07:04 PM

I wouldnt get to excited about his numbers, don't forget Stanislav Galiev was over a point per game as a 16 year old and he's put up pretty average numbers in the QMJHL, a league that has been suffering to produce offensive superstars outdside of Crosby and Lecavalier.

size differential or not, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for Ambroz just yet.

top 5 for next years draft are

1. Adam Larsson, pretty easily, most points by any rookie, let alone a defenseman

2. Sean Couturier 17 year old who won the QMJHL scoring, 6'4 Right Winger in his 16-17 year old sophomore season, dont see any reason why he shouldnt be here.

3. Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Jonathan Toews comparison, motor never stops running.

4. David Musil, 6'4 defenseman who plays for the Vancouver Giants

5. Ty Rattie - heard he is similar to Hopkins exept plays on a stacked team.

6. Duncan Siemens

7. Seth Ambroz
8. Michael St. Croix, - *started slow, but had 44 pts in his last 50 games, point a game fo rthe last 2 months for the Oil Kings, was projected to go 1st overall in 2008 bantam draft but went 5th I think.

9. Matt Puempel - 33 goals, 31 assists in 59 games as a 16 year old, very impressive, 6.00, 190 lbs, good size.

10. Gabriel Landeskog - Brendan Morrow with more offense are apt comparisons.

captain AARON MAIDEN* 03-22-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume Maltais (Post 24656421)
I wouldnt get to excited about his numbers, don't forget Stanislav Galiev was over a point per game as a 16 year old and he's put up pretty average numbers in the QMJHL, a league that has been suffering to produce offensive superstars outdside of Crosby and Lecavalier.

size differential or not, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for Ambroz just yet.

1. Adam Larsson, pretty easily, most points by any rookie, let alone a defenseman

2. Sean Couturier 17 year old who won the QMJHL scoring, 6'4 Right Winger in his 16-17 year old sophomore season, dont see any reason why he shouldnt be here.

6. Duncan Siemens

7. Seth Ambroz
8. Michael St. Croix, - *started slow, but had 44 pts in his last 50 games, point a game fo rthe last 2 months for the Oil Kings, was projected to go 1st overall in 2008 bantam draft but went 5th I think.

9. Matt Puempel - 33 goals, 31 assists in 59 games as a 16 year old, very impressive, 6.00, 190 lbs, good size.

lol. are u Ty Rattie fanboy?

FYI, Jurco, Namestnikov, Matthew Nieto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rattie

massivegoonery 03-22-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaborikless Wild (Post 24659943)

Nieto is going to be a stud. Saad, too.

Mountainside 03-22-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume Maltais (Post 24656421)

6. Duncan Siemens

7. Seth Ambroz

Galiev had 60 pts in 67 games as a 17 year old. Not draw-dropping numbers, but they certainly are much better than average.

SPORTSMANIAC 03-22-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountainside (Post 24661774)
Galiev had 60 pts in 67 games as a 17 year old. Not draw-dropping numbers, but they certainly are much better than average.

Totally agree and Saint John has other weapons to rely on .

Andy Dufresne 03-22-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaborikless Wild (Post 24659943)

I've seen them all play, a rarity for me when discussing prospects, and I'd like to know why you think this?

Stamvarhall* 03-22-2010 11:38 PM

I dont see why Rattie couldnt go as high as top 5 in the 2011 NHL entry draft, even that big american homer AmericanDream thinks he can go that high and that is saying something.

MN_Gopher 03-23-2010 04:12 AM

The hope around campus is that Ambroz can be as gifted as Blake Wheeler but with way more aggression. A true power forward finisher.

With a solid year in MN. He could challenge for the #1. He does everything.

JeromeHP 06-09-2010 01:32 AM

Seth Ambroz next year?

i thought he was expected to go play for the gophers in 2010-2011 but saw some rumor that he might go back to Omaha next year on gopherpucklive (in their forum). quite surprise by this if true

speculation here by my part, what if he would go the major junior route ? is it possible ? like Peter Mueller did in his draft year ? maybe he and his family + family advisors don't like what they heard about the gophers coaching staff lately from nhl circle. and this is a big year for him next year.

btw, wich team in the whl own his right ?

Ambroz in action for those who havn't seen him play

William H Bonney 06-09-2010 01:44 AM

Seattle owns his WHL rights.

Based on the rumor on Gopherpucklive, it's hard to say. Him being at Omaha's tryouts shouldn't be a big deal. It's not like he actually has to tryout to make the team. He could have just been helping out, getting in some ice time, etc. If that is the only basis for the rumor that he's not going to Minny, that's pretty faulty basis IMO.

He was accelerating his schooling to play at Minnesota as a 17 year-old so if he's not going there, it's because he's going to the WHL or he didn't graduate early.

I'm sure some of the Minnesota followers here will be able to offer up a lot more though.

MN_Gopher 06-09-2010 09:12 AM

Its new and a lot of speculation is going on.

One thing. A tryout. Omaha loves this kid. Have for two years. Why would he be at a tryout unless it was to help out.

Gopher program vs Seattle. When James O'Brien left for Seattle. it was to fast track. He has yet to see the NHL while, Kyle Okposo, Alex Goligoski, Blake Wheeler, Ryan Stoa, Erik Johnson, Derek Peltier all players that played with O'Brien have. Jordan Schroeder, well after O'Brien, should make his NHL debut this year and should have a shot at being a regular.

Ryan Walters. A guy the gophers had asked to play another year of junior as there was no room for him. Ambroz was one of those guys that was counted as ahead of him.

I have also heard a lot about Max Gardiner. Where is he going to go? He could very well be the guy that hinges on Ambroz.

Numbers are not matching up to well. But tDon has said he wants a long bench. In case players are not up to his standard he wants options and lots of them. He has said no one is safe. A few of those guys are old USHL out of junior options, walk ons.

One big problem is Ambroz is only a high school junior. He had to do two years of school this past year. Which is what happened to Peter Mueller. When it came time to, Mueller just went WHL instead of attempting his two years. Ambroz might have hit a snag and is just keeping options open in case he does not pass. In this day. I am sure his 1/8th terms are on the gophers desk though.

He is counted as a roster gopher now, no offical rosters are out. I have seen stranger things happen though.

Joe Hallenback 06-09-2010 09:45 AM

Seattle is making a big time push to get him to come this year. They are building a young team that will be very good in a year or 2. He would look good with Pickard,Jacobs,Alos,Lockhart, and Troock in a few years.

grittyguy 06-15-2010 06:31 PM

Sounds like Ambroz will be going back to Omaha next year.

CertifiedPublicGuin 06-15-2010 06:58 PM

For this Summer, I've got 3 word for Ambroz.

Power. Skating. Lessons.

He's pretty sluggish as it stands. Needs to really improve that aspect if he hopes to put himself over the top. I don't doubt he can, though, particularly since it's early on in the whole draft process, but he just needs to improve his feet and overall skating strength to become the player he could be in the future.

Another year of him in the USHL is quite worrisome. It won't stunt him, I wouldn't think... but he's not going to be challenged. I mean 3 straight years in the USHL for a player of his ability doesn't seem like bang for the buck.

JeromeHP 06-15-2010 10:48 PM

i agree he need to be challenge and already at 15 he look more like a man that some of the top prospects on his team (kristo/Leblanc)

i think next year it should be UMinn or Seattle for Ambroz. im not a fan of his returning with Omaha. not that he's not going to become a good players anyway but he need to go to another level next year

Alberta tough 06-15-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markov79fan (Post 26307546)
i agree he need to be challenge and already at 15 he look more like a man that some of the top prospects on his team (kristo/Leblanc)

i think next year it should be UMinn or Seattle for Ambroz. im not a fan of his returning with Omaha. not that he's not going to become a good players anyway but he need to go to another level next year

Leblanc still plays at Omaha? I thought he played for Harvard.

JeromeHP 06-16-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberta tough (Post 26308045)
Leblanc still plays at Omaha? I thought he played for Harvard.

no, i meant when Ambroz was 15 in the ushl he play with Kristo and Leblanc and he look like more of a man than those two guys. (both needed to get stronger while Ambroz look like a Man at 15)

Alberta tough 06-16-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markov79fan (Post 26309040)
no, i meant when Ambroz was 15 in the ushl he play with Kristo and Leblanc and he look like more of a man than those two guys. (both needed to get stronger while Ambroz look like a Man at 15)

OK thanks.