HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Concerns (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=75381)

JOHNBOY 05-02-2004 05:41 PM

Concerns

Here is some stuff that caught my eye, pissed me off, and worried me:

1) Obviuosly the Esche injury. He has been outstanding so far in the playoff's and him being out for a long amount of time would be a huge loss and not only that.

Sean Burke look's really shakey to me for some reason.

2) Toronto's style of play.

They play so careless and it seems as though they wouldn't give a damm if they injured all of our players.

For example guys like Belak, Marchment, and Domi.
I just see no respect what so-ever from them.

:banghead: :mad: :help:

Please feel free to post your opinion's and feeling's on the game.

slapshotflyer 05-02-2004 05:44 PM

Hopefully Esche was taken out as a precaution and he'll be ok for Tuesday. If not, then it's over to Burke.

LeafsAllTheWay 05-02-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
They play so careless and it seems as though they wouldn't give a damm if they injured all of our players.

For example guys like Belak, Marchment, and Domi.
I just see no respect what so-ever from them.

how about roenick taking a run at antropov :dunno:

JOHNBOY 05-02-2004 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafsAllTheWay

GO SOMEWHERE.

Gert B Frobe 05-02-2004 06:08 PM

Quote:

Yeah it was an unnecessary hit but it wasn't dirty- no worse than any of Marchment's hits.

Mats_Hallin 05-02-2004 06:28 PM

It's sickening to watch all these injuries occur from hits like the Tucker hit on Malakhov and Roenicks hit on Antropov.

Can we let the players police themselves now??!?!

GKJ 05-02-2004 06:34 PM

Quote:

Roenick should get suspended for that clean hit on Antropov. Antropov was totally within boundries and his own discretion when he cross checked Roenick in the back of the neck twice

MiamiScreamingEagles 05-02-2004 06:41 PM

Tampa Bay must be chortling.

Raging Bull 05-02-2004 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Roenick should get suspended for that clean hit on Antropov. Antropov was totally within boundries and his own discretion when he cross checked Roenick in the back of the neck twice

Agreed. Roenick's hit wasn't interference, and Antropov has no respect for vertern players. He has no respect for anyone. He shouldn't be playing. But however, I disagree with the original posters comments about our players being careless. Toronto received numerous highsticks from Philly, some went un-detected. I don't think any one team is more careless then the other. The sticks are just so light now it's hard to keep them under control.

Rex88 05-02-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

You need to get a clue or get over to the Leafs board.
JR hit him shoulder to chest - not elbow and did not leave his feet or go for the head or knees. Antropov had the puck and it should not have been a penalty. The blatant cross check to JR neck and head with his back turned was really classy. The ESPN guys even went on to suggest sending the tape to the NHL office for suspension.
March in this series went for Brashs knees without the puck and how about Tucker jumping after coming from center ice when Malakov did not even have the puck.
Go talk to someone who cares please.

easton122 05-02-2004 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex88
You need to get a clue or get over to the Leafs board.
JR hit him shoulder to chest - not elbow and did not leave his feet or go for the head or knees. Antropov had the puck and it should not have been a penalty. The blatant cross check to JR neck and head with his back turned was really classy. The ESPN guys even went on to suggest sending the tape to the NHL office for suspension.
March in this series went for Brashs knees without the puck and how about Tucker jumping after coming from center ice when Malakov did not even have the puck.
Go talk to someone who cares please.

On top of those 3 don't forget when Mogilny boarded Markov.

All 4 of those are pretty bad and come nowhere near the "clean" hit on Antropov. Seriously if you think JR should get suspended or recieve a penalty for that matter go back to hockey 101 and get a clue. God talk about a bias :shakehead

Yertle The Turtle 05-02-2004 08:12 PM

i dont really care wat any one thinks about that hit cuz i think it was clean and the best by a flyer in this series :yo:

FearTheFlyers 05-02-2004 09:52 PM

Hit was totally clean, don't know what you are on about.

Bill McNeal 05-02-2004 11:11 PM

Don't know if any of you get Sportscentre (TSN's version) but I found it hilarious that they show Roenick's hit on Antropov and then show Roenick getting attention on the bench about his neck and add, "I guess Roenick got the worst of that." Of course they didn't show Antropov cross checking him to the neck...

Awesome hit though :yo:

GoneFullHextall 05-02-2004 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the smell of sarcasm is in the air. i love it :lol: